• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hart's composure tonight was awesome. I'll say this much, at least AV has these guys ready to play at first puck drop instead of waiting till the 2nd period to show up.
Hart played unreal and that save was incredible. that save alone propelled us to the last three goals.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Devils that bad?

Another solid game all around for everyone. Buzzing on the forecheck, leading to goals.
2 PP goals. Killed two 2-man advantages.

Bring on the west coast trip.
The Devs and hawks are bad but we will know where we stand on this west coast trip.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt they are ready from the start. D is playing solid I think that the vet presence is helping. Far better than AMac and Gudas. Wait until G and Jake get going will be nuts!
Just Amac as Gudas was our best defenseman last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love that Raffl and Lindblom are getting PK minutes and doing well.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty funny that Awaz is trying to take credit for something that anyone who has ever seen a hockey game already knew. :lol:

Not taking credit. Just assigning the blame for the Flyers mediocrity the past few years in the right direction instead of blaming the handful of players that were actually good during that time. Like you have been.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game last night. I was so nervous they'd fall apart if the Devils scored when it was unjustly 1-0. The Flyers carried the play for almost the whole night, Hart bails them out to keep it 1-0, and then the scoreboard starts to reflect the quality of play.

I thought just about everyone looked good last night. Voracek was maybe still a bit invisible, but other than that I think everyone had at least a couple plays that I thought "damn ____, has it going tonight". Let's see more of that this season!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The puck movement on PP1.. Yowza. If they can keep that going and start hitting the net on some of their chances, look out! 4-0 last night and IMO Schnieder actually had a pretty darn good game.

PK was also great. So much more aggressive than the Hak/Lappy approach.

Also, I don't know if this is a coaching thing or what, but did someone teach the Flyers how to stick lift this summer? I think I've seen more stick lifts break up plays in 2 games this year than we saw all of last year.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just Amac as Gudas was our best defenseman last year.
I definitely meant combined as Gudas wasn't horrible but either way the vet presence is far better. You have a cup Winner and a guy who has gotten close in comparison... and it shows they are a calming presence.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taking credit. Just assigning the blame for the Flyers mediocrity the past few years in the right direction instead of blaming the handful of players that were actually good during that time. Like you have been.
The past few years?? I think you meant to say the last 7 years.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely meant combined as Gudas wasn't horrible but either way the vet presence is far better. You have a cup Winner and a guy who has gotten close in comparison... and it shows they are a calming presence.
I could see the big upgrade in Nisky over Amac but Gudas is every bit as good as Braun if not better.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the big upgrade in Nisky over Amac but Gudas is every bit as good as Braun if not better.
So far Braun has been solid, I would give Guess a slight edge head to head but if Braun is having a calming feeling on the youngsters than that's valuable to.

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at Braun as an upgrade this year over Gudas. Their place may be somewhat similar, but I think he playoff experience will come up huge later in the year. Braun also won't be given the ticky tack penalties or suspensions based solely on his name.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at Braun as an upgrade this year over Gudas. Their place may be somewhat similar, but I think he playoff experience will come up huge later in the year. Braun also won't be given the ticky tack penalties or suspensions based solely on his name.

I liked Gudas...BUT........ It may not have been his fault since our D sucked (calling out the forwards here, plus a stupid system) , but there seemed to be 2-3 plays every game when he just had brain farts and made stupid plays with the puck. With our porous goal tending, they usually ended up in the back of our net.las

Was hard to find really stupid plays last night -- except the hand pass, or whatever it was that got Hayes in the box with Coots. Coots' delay of game was unfortunate, but he was trying to backhand it out under duress, so I give that a little bit of a pass.

Regarding lifting sticks... Hayes vs. Simmonds was awesome, and YES, I think they taught that this summer, or maybe more accurately, encouraged it.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The puck movement on PP1.. Yowza. If they can keep that going and start hitting the net on some of their chances, look out! 4-0 last night and IMO Schnieder actually had a pretty darn good game.

PK was also great. So much more aggressive than the Hak/Lappy approach.

Also, I don't know if this is a coaching thing or what, but did someone teach the Flyers how to stick lift this summer? I think I've seen more stick lifts break up plays in 2 games this year than we saw all of last year.

PK was definitely better and more aggressive. Seems like last year we would sit back instead of pressure. Niskanen - 4:26, Braun - 3:24, Provy - 3:06 hade the most PK time while Sanheim was 2:40, Hagg - 2:00 and Ghost 0.0. Pretty amazing to kill a 2 minute 5-3 with both Hayes and Couts in the box. Really picked the team up. Laughton, Raffl and Lindblom getting into it for the forwards. Good to have options to put out there.

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realize this is tangential to the hockey talk, but I’m guessing you all watched on nbcsn. I love Doc; can tolerate olczyck- and glad that Pierre (I love to smell penguin jockstraps) McGuire has been demoted, replaced by Boosh.

But last night - seriously - jack hughes, the second coming ? I’m shocked, shocked, that somehow Jack Hughes didn’t win 1st star. That was putrid. Nothing Doc could do, fixed the Jack Hughes bromance. That was horrific sportscasting.

How many remember when the puck stuck in boosh’s mask ? I do