• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019-20 Quest for the cup(The Carter Hart era begins)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You praised Hextall over the last few years and he is responsible for 90% of those guys.

He is, and his plan was patience. I was on board for the first few years. Hextall said the team wasn't going to be good enough to make waves. And it wasn't. He filled the bottom of the roster with bad players. He did exactly what he said he was going to do and the team wasn't competitive.

That doesn't make the stars/veterans on the team responsible for the shortcomings of the team the past few years. The GM built a roster that wasn't good enough. And it was done to put the Flyers in position to be good in the future.

That future is now. Giroux/Couturier in particular have had two of the best seasons of their respective careers the last two years. They still have some in the tank. Some of the young guys are approaching veteran status (Ghost, Provorov, Konecny). The Savior is here in net and has some NHL experience. And scouts are still saying "Philly is loaded" during training camp.

All I'm saying is, the Flyers sucked the past few years because they were built to suck (and because the goaltending and PK were historically bad the first half of last year). Not because the stars weren't good enough.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol fire Dept just asked how deep my well is at my house, Not deep enough to keep my house wet lol.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank guys, everyone but me is gone. We've done this before unfortunately, I don't think it gets this far but with the winds here you never know.

As far as the convo goes, I like Coots a lot, love having him here, just kind of stirring the pot some.
Thats my job. :pound::pound::pound:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is, and his plan was patience. I was on board for the first few years. Hextall said the team wasn't going to be good enough to make waves. And it wasn't. He filled the bottom of the roster with bad players. He did exactly what he said he was going to do and the team wasn't competitive.

That doesn't make the stars/veterans on the team responsible for the shortcomings of the team the past few years. The GM built a roster that wasn't good enough. And it was done to put the Flyers in position to be good in the future.

That future is now. Giroux/Couturier in particular have had two of the best seasons of their respective careers the last two years. They still have some in the tank. Some of the young guys are approaching veteran status (Ghost, Provorov, Konecny). The Savior is here in net and has some NHL experience. And scouts are still saying "Philly is loaded" during training camp.

All I'm saying is, the Flyers sucked the past few years because they were built to suck (and because the goaltending and PK were historically bad the first half of last year). Not because the stars weren't good enough.
The future is now? I could rattle of at least 7 teams that we could never beat for a cup this year. Should've did a total rebuild as we could've missed the playoffs with or without our so called stars/vets

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The future is now? I could rattle of at least 7 teams that we could never beat for a cup this year. Should've did a total rebuild as we could've missed the playoffs with or without our so called stars/vets

I mean, we'll see what happens. I think the Flyers are poised for a big breakout this year. We'll see what the NHL landscape looks like in March/April and see who's contending for the Cup. Things have to break right for the Flyers, the young guys have to pan out etc; but things could fall apart for teams we think are Cup contenders. Look at the Jets, they were everyone's favorite this time last year and now people are picking them to miss the playoffs this year. Things happen fast.

As for doing a total rebuild, I think that's a legit criticism of Hextall. Maybe he should have gone scorched earth, traded Giroux and Couturier away when he took over, really bottomed out and gotten a few top 5 picks. But there's risk in that too. The Sabres, Canucks, and Oilers aren't looking like Cup contenders at this stage either and that's essentially what they did. Hell, the Oilers have been on that plan for a decade. At least the Flyers have given us some fun moments over the past couple years, even if they've been few and far between.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts right now because even though they had the same exact stats Couts makes less money and is a center as opposed to being a LW like Landeskog.
It is a toss up because as you said, same player different position.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couts over Landeskog for sure due to contract and position.

But I'd take MacKinnon over every player on the Flyers roster :)