• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Surprises Disappointments & Notes

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been taking a few notes. Was curious as to what caught your attention? Or ire?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ire is easy and I want to vent always. So on my ire list
Bell
D. Johnson
Fournette
Freeman
Cook
Mixon
J. Williams
D. Henry
Baldwin
That’s just off the top of my head. Plenty more. RBs have been a nightmare this year.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Fitz, J. Crowder, R. Anderson, T. Burton, P. Garcon, J. Howard, R. Burkhead, J. Doyle, D. Johnson (x2) ... just to name a few.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson, Brady, Rodgers to an extent at QB

ODB is a massive flop for WR

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm mostly just pissed at myself that I believed Bell and his agent when they said he wouldn't hold out so I didn't bother to draft Connor as his handcuff

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ire is easy and I want to vent always. So on my ire list
Bell
D. Johnson
Fournette
Freeman
Cook
Mixon
J. Williams
D. Henry
Baldwin
That’s just off the top of my head. Plenty more. RBs have been a nightmare this year.
mixon and baldwin have time to come back., mixon was money till his injury, and baldwin was heavily involved right off the bat, seattle is not great so will be throwing alot i have them both in my bigger money league so im hopeful

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I had thru the first 3 weeks:

• With Jameis Winston out, Ryan Fitzpatrick came out slinging having the top offense thru week 3.
  • With only 1 start under his belt in 2017, Pat Mahomes threw 10 TD in his first 2 games.
  • Bears trade for Kalihl Mack after the 4th preseason game.
  • Cleveland dumps Josh Gordon after week 2. Signed by the Patriots.
  • Enunwa, not Robby Anderson is the top target on the Jets.
  • After rumblings in preseason the Packers were attempting to trade Randall Cobb (which didn't affect his draft ranking), it should have been a red flag for Cobb as well as prelude to see Geronimo Allison emerge.
  • Amid the growing knock on Jordan Howard cant catch, Tarik Cohen's stock soared. Yet Howard had twice as many receptions as Cohen thru 2 weeks, and almost twice as many receiving yards thru 3 weeks.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Bills surprise the Vikings in Minny.
  • Dolphins sit alone atop the AFC East. (3-1)
  • Bears sit alone atop the NFC North. (3-1)
  • Titans, despite the #24 ranked offense, are tied for first at 3-1.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of speculation by the end of the preseason of Enunwa being Darnold's go to guy and he has had a track record of improvement in his time in the league. Couple that with Anderson's red flags, I don't think it's too unexpected. Had I invested in Enunwa, perhaps I'd say I'm pleasantly surprised up to a point but I don't think it stands out. I think the jury is still out on Green Bay's receivers after Adams. Allison might miss at least one week.
All the others seem on the money.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expected Enunwa to be the top target getter but Anderson to still be the deep threat and be productive. He was pretty cheap this year so I actually owned him on all of my teams. Now I own him on 1 or 2, can't remember..........

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a lot of speculation by the end of the preseason of Enunwa being Darnold's go to guy and he has had a track record of improvement in his time in the league. Couple that with Anderson's red flags, I don't think it's too unexpected. Had I invested in Enunwa, perhaps I'd say I'm pleasantly surprised up to a point but I don't think it stands out. I think the jury is still out on Green Bay's receivers after Adams. Allison might miss at least one week.
All the others seem on the money.
Good thoughts.
I'm also basing this on ADP and preseason rankings. Anderson was still being drafted in most 12-team leagues while Enunwa went overwhelmingly undrafted. Same for Cobb who was middle-round draftee vs the umdrafted Geronimo.

My intent is to revisit this every quarter. So we'll see how much this all changes (again) after week 8.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit, maybe I should just copy and paste both of my money league teams here............they've been super disappointing.............CMac and AP are pretty much the only bright spots on those teams. I guess DWatson has been pretty good and I think he'll only be getting better as the year goes on. Juju has been pretty damn good too.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara. Hear me out. He’s a fantasy stud. But his actual numbers haven’t been tht great. Huge volume. Complete opposite of last year’s efficiency

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I had thru the first 3 weeks:

• With Jameis Winston out, Ryan Fitzpatrick came out slinging having the top offense thru week 3.
  • With only 1 start under his belt in 2017, Pat Mahomes threw 10 TD in his first 2 games.
  • Bears trade for Kalihl Mack after the 4th preseason game.
  • Cleveland dumps Josh Gordon after week 2. Signed by the Patriots.
  • Enunwa, not Robby Anderson is the top target on the Jets.
  • After rumblings in preseason the Packers were attempting to trade Randall Cobb (which didn't affect his draft ranking), it should have been a red flag for Cobb as well as prelude to see Geronimo Allison emerge.
  • Amid the growing knock on Jordan Howard cant catch, Tarik Cohen's stock soared. Yet Howard had twice as many receptions as Cohen thru 2 weeks, and almost twice as many receiving yards thru 3 weeks.

Cmon man!

I been talking up Mahomes for 2 years. Nothing he does should surprise you guys from now til his future induction in Canton.

I am kind of joking, but really I'm not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kamara. Hear me out. He’s a fantasy stud. But his actual numbers haven’t been tht great. Huge volume. Complete opposite of last year’s efficiency
His numbers are really good except for TDs

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what yer saying...........one of the guise in my main money league kept Kamara and ODB, had extra early picks and is 1-3......................I had him pegged to take it all...........still might but his team on paper is solid. Allowed him to draft Gronk and Thomas...............jeez.............that's a kick ass starting 4........................

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I’m saying is his fantasy numbers are great, because he has a huge workload.

Last year his workload was far less and he was much more efficient per touch.