• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Recruiting Thread

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"This will be my first time in Knoxville," Carvin said. "We are going to see all they have to offer. Like facility wise, and weight room wise. Just see what they offer academically and how their coaches and players are."

Carvin is trained by former Vol Marlon Walls. The two have a really good relationship, and the VFL has made his intentions known to Carvin. "He tells me all the things about Tennessee," Carvin said. "Just how he enjoyed it. The memories he had and I think it's a great time. I want to witness it for myself and I'm looking forward to it."

"Coach Wells is a great guy," Carvin said. "Every day he texts me and says good morning and checks on me. We have a great relationships through our phone calls,. We have great relationships. I'm really looking forward to meeting him and maybe working with him."

"I finish everything I do," Carvin said. "I finish my blocks with run blocking or pass blocking. I think I'm a versatile player and just a good overall player. In college, I think maybe I'll play tackle, but I'm most likely going to start my career at guard."

"Academics is first," Carvin said. "Second would be the relationships with the coaches. I want to go somewhere that feels like home. Third would be a great strength and conditioning program. After that is playing time because I know if I put the work in, I'll earn my playing time."
-VQ

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee's first two junior days have been highly successful in terms of attendance. It can't really be overstated how big it has been to have the three highest rated in-state defensive linemen on campus in Greg Emerson, D'Andre Litaker, and Brant Lawless. The trio have all spoken about playing together and they all confirm they are in a group text together and the clearly all three like Tennessee.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is hosting West Tennessee prospect Jerome Carvin on Friday. The offensive lineman is 6-4, 305 pounds and his stock seems to be on the rise. It will be interesting to see how Walt Wells manages his offensive line recruiting given that it's likely that three is the number of spots he's working with. That number could always change as the class comes together this summer and fall.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there is Lane, who continues to pile up offers. He added Kentucky, Mississippi State and Cal this week. He is hearing from LSU more and more. He is set to take a trip up north to see Northwestern and Wisconsin this week over spring break. All of that said, he appears to be liking Tennessee more and more. He grew up a Vol fan and has been in steady contact with Walt Wells and even attended workouts earlier this week with his older brother, Hunter, who plays at Austin Peay and was in town for spring break.
-Hubbs: