• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Masters Golf

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He's a good player who is simply not on the level of guys like Spieth or McIlroy. He's popular with the kids, so the media loves to lump him in with the class above him, talentwise.

I suppose.... but he's got 8 top 10s in majors, including that stretch of 4 top 5s

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough conditions are taking a toll early today. Spieth has already dropped 4 shots through 10. I can't imagine playing a course like that in the wind.. what a nightmare, though it looks as if it may have calmed down some now. If Phil can't win I don't really care who does. Several are decent guys with good stories. May the best man win.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really. He's a good player who is simply not on the level of guys like Spieth or McIlroy. He's popular with the kids, so the media loves to lump him in with the class above him, talentwise.

Early on Fowler imo was more image building and he found a cult like following of young golf fans that bought into his "look".

Fowler has since retooled his swing under Butch Harmon and has since won the Players, and a few other events....his ranking, RC & PRES Cup Match play...the media wants to include him with the new major winning young guns and the Players win helps that cause, but until he wins one of the big 4, he's just a guy with some game that's marketed better than most.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough conditions are taking a toll early today. Spieth has already dropped 4 shots through 10. I can't imagine playing a course like that in the wind.. what a nightmare, though it looks as if it may have calmed down some now. If Phil can't win I don't really care who does. Several are decent guys with good stories. May the best man win.

Yep, I'll take a little rain over a very windy day on a golf course ...anything under par today is gaining ground...cut is looking like +5 right now.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on Fowler imo was more image building and he found a cult like following of young golf fans that bought into his "look".

Fowler has since retooled his swing under Butch Harmon and has since won the Players, and a few other events....his ranking, RC & PRES Cup Match play...the media wants to include him with the new major winning young guns and the Players win helps that cause, but until he wins one of the big 4, he's just a guy with some game that's marketed better than most.

Pretty much.......he's simply got to win a Major for him to begin to being in the discussion. Plus...all of the guys who are vying for the #1 position these days go on 6-12 month runs where they all look like monsters - Rory/Spieth/Day/DJ, and Thomas is the lastest guy. Guys that are taking down Majors, WGC's and look like world-beaters.

Fowler hasn't shown anything close to that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much.......he's simply got to win a Major for him to begin to being in the discussion. Plus...all of the guys who are vying for the #1 position these days go on 6-12 month runs where they all look like monsters - Rory/Spieth/Day/DJ, and Thomas is the lastest guy. Guys that are taking down Majors, WGC's and look like world-beaters.

Fowler hasn't shown anything close to that.

He's been in the hunt enough to be taken seriously as a contender, but regardless of what the media says, most golfers know Rickie is not on the same tier as Rory, Spieth, etc.

But, as a fan of golf I like Fowler...it would be nice if more top players gave as much back to the kids at these events as he does.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's been in the hunt enough to be taken seriously as a contender, but regardless of what the media says, most golfers know Rickie is not on the same tier as Rory, Spieth, etc.

But, as a fan of golf I like Fowler...it would be nice if more top players gave as much back to the kids at these events as he does.

I can't comment on which players give how much back to whomever....at the end of the day, I just want to see some legit justification as to why he gets equal billing with the true elites of the game. Outside of The Players.....he just keeps losing ground to the guys who will deservedly go into the Hall Of Fame.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shot out of the woods that Bubba just hit on 11. With 30 yards of low running hook out of the trees, with water at the green left, to about 10'. Wow.. these guys are so good.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are all over the place today. I understand the conditions are tough but you'd think it were St. Andrews under the worst conditions the way they're spraying the ball all over the place.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed puts one in the bunker and drops a F bomb. Classic.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't comment on which players give how much back to whomever....at the end of the day, I just want to see some legit justification as to why he gets equal billing with the true elites of the game. Outside of The Players.....he just keeps losing ground to the guys who will deservedly go into the Hall Of Fame.

If this was an Anna Kornikova situation, I might feel the same way in terms of him earning something...as a brand, I can't knock it.

We have some time yet to see where he might end up, but so far his resume his lacking HOF status and I'm sure he knows that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shot out of the woods that Bubba just hit on 11. With 30 yards of low running hook out of the trees, with water at the green left, to about 10'. Wow.. these guys are so good.

I've seen 3 or 4 shots like that, amazing how much these guys can curve the ball when they need to...iirc, that shot you're talking about was off the pinestraw...awesome!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys are all over the place today. I understand the conditions are tough but you'd think it were St. Andrews under the worst conditions the way they're spraying the ball all over the place.

The wind was up and on that course it's a bigger obstacle than on a links course...always swirling.

Still...more than a dz guys under par.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this was an Anna Kornikova situation, I might feel the same way in terms of him earning something...as a brand, I can't knock it.

We have some time yet to see where he might end up, but so far his resume his lacking HOF status and I'm sure he knows that.

For the record, anyone that has not seen Ricky's 3 or 4 hole playoff win at the Players must watch it.
It makes my 10 golf moments that I had every seen live.

Ricky was a stone cold assassin on that big stage. I was really impressed.

But the facts are facts. He really is nothing more than a good looking, better dressing version of Matt Kuchar.
And all the golf talking heads avoid going near any "best player to never win a major" talk.

With about 30 majors under his belt for Ricky ....Phil at this point in his career already getting hit with best player never to win a title and it was all anybody could say about Phil.

They never held back going after Phil but I'm sure it would have been different if he was the walking marketing tool for the young fans that Ricky is.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a wild shot by Rory from the sand. Hits the lip, and ends up nearly perfect.....I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rory tied for the lead now. 2 stroke swing on that shot. If he doesn't hit that flag stick dead center it's probably 20 feet past the hole.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spent the first half of the day at the course again. Not sure what shift I'll do tomorrow yet. That place is amazing.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed on 13 and it's raining pretty good.

Love the umbrella he's carrying. Says USA Ryder Cup Hazeltine on it

Hope he keeps it rolling

Last edited: