• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Draft...way too early talk

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be a Steelers, however, everything I'm seeing says he isn't a 1st round projection. Some have him going in the 3rd. Is this a guy we can get in the 2nd round?

It largely depends on what he runs next month...<5.0...say 4.8 I think top of the 2nd at worst...>4.8 say 5.1ish....he may be there at 60. I don't see his production dropping deep into the 3rd round.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a possibility to get Keenum or Bridgewater off of free agency. I can't believe the Vikings are sticking with Sam Bradford. Anyone think we should go after one of these two?

Does Vikings' decision not to tag Keenum tell us anything about Cousins, Teddy?

Teddy Bridgewater expected to become free agent
The Vikes should be trying to keep one of 'em as the backup because we all know Bradford won't make it thru a whole season without missing some games.

If the price is right but I suspect Keenum maybe too expensive for the Steelers. Keenum would be the backup leaving Laundry and Dobbs to fight it out for 3rd string. Bridgewater should fight it out with the other 2 in a best 2 QBs win scenario. Bridgewater needs to prove he's fully recovered and can play at a high level again or least higher than Laundry. I know that 'higher than Laundry' bar is pretty darn low.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikes should be trying to keep one of 'em as the backup because we all know Bradford won't make it thru a whole season without missing some games.

If the price is right but I suspect Keenum maybe too expensive for the Steelers. Keenum would be the backup leaving Laundry and Dobbs to fight it out for 3rd string. Bridgewater should fight it out with the other 2 in a best 2 QBs win scenario. Bridgewater needs to prove he's fully recovered and can play at a high level again or least higher than Laundry. I know that 'higher than Laundry' bar is pretty darn low.
I don't think the Steelers even have a backup QB on their radar since they don't see it as a need right now. Art Rooney II said something about it recently in response to a reporter or fan? He basically said "we don't need a backup QB, we have Landry". That alone tells me their faith in Laundry Jones still remains high. Not only that, but Art seems hellbent on the idea of Ben playing 2-3 more years.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a possibility to get Keenum or Bridgewater off of free agency. I can't believe the Vikings are sticking with Sam Bradford. Anyone think we should go after one of these two?

Does Vikings' decision not to tag Keenum tell us anything about Cousins, Teddy?

Teddy Bridgewater expected to become free agent

I'd take either over Landry, but both would cost more than twice the cap hit Landry is playing on. Keenum is going to make $8-10mil per easy and Bridgewater will make at least $5mil per. I see one of them going back, maybe Teddy on a prove it 2 yr deal.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kenny Vaccaro 'on his way out' of New Orleans
8451.jpg

New Orleans Times-Picayune's Larry Holder reports Saints DB Kenny Vaccaro is "likely on his way out" of New Orleans.

Vaccaro had his 2017 season ended early after being placed on injured reserve due to problems with his groin and wrist. The former first-round pick is now an unrestricted free agent and will likely sign a fairly big contract in free agency. The Cowboys were a team rumored to be interested in acquiring Vaccaro in the past

I would pass...I've seen quite a few Saints-Falcons games and Vaccaro rarely ever made any plays if he was on the field...oft injured.

The name I'm starting to like as a potential FA that's realistically affordable...ILB, Anthony Hitchens from DAL....projecting to be a $3-4mil per player. Plug and play...3 dwn player.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass...I've seen quite a few Saints-Falcons games and Vaccaro rarely ever made any plays if he was on the field...oft injured.

The name I'm starting to like as a potential FA that's realistically affordable...ILB, Anthony Hitchens from DAL....projecting to be a $3-4mil per player. Plug and play...3 dwn player.
That works too I would rather have the bolts safety

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That works too I would rather have the bolts safety

Me too.

I'm starting to like this trade option with GB....Marty B for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

I think there's a good chance to sign C-D long term and probably for less than Mitchell per yr cap hit.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Steelers even have a backup QB on their radar since they don't see it as a need right now. Art Rooney II said something about it recently in response to a reporter or fan? He basically said "we don't need a backup QB, we have Landry". That alone tells me their faith in Laundry Jones still remains high. Not only that, but Art seems hellbent on the idea of Ben playing 2-3 more years.
I guess that faith needs to bite them in the ass before they get rid of Laundry. This is all speculation on my part but Ben said he'd be back very quickly this time. Last year he said he would talk to his family each year and decide. Since that didn't happen, I think he and his wife agreed on a max number of more years Ben should play. I think it was 3 years and he told Art that. We have to remember Ben's wife is a nurse. My mother was a nurse and she went back to work part-time after my younger brother was 1 and full-time as soon as we were both in elementary school. Nursing is a career, not just a job and most nurses take minimal time off to start or raise families. The draw to nurse is very strong! I think after 3 years, Ben turns into a Jack Lambert type Mr. Dad and takes over getting his kids to school and after school activities while his wife goes back to nursing. Time will tell but that's what I think will go down.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too.

I'm starting to like this trade option with GB....Marty B for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

I think there's a good chance to sign C-D long term and probably for less than Mitchell per yr cap hit.
Where did u hear that I’d do that fo sure

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB depth in this draft is non-existent. It's Barkley and then everyone else going in the 2nd round.
Not at all. This is a very deep RB class. Barkley is in a class of his own but Guice is a first round talent and Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, and Kerryon Johnson aren't too far behind him. After that the names get a little murky but there is still fantastic depth at the position throughout the draft.

Of note: I've seen several comparisons to Bell in regards to Kerryon Johnson. I hear a lot about his patience. Make no mistake... he's no Bell. But still.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess that faith needs to bite them in the ass before they get rid of Laundry. This is all speculation on my part but Ben said he'd be back very quickly this time. Last year he said he would talk to his family each year and decide. Since that didn't happen, I think he and his wife agreed on a max number of more years Ben should play. I think it was 3 years and he told Art that. We have to remember Ben's wife is a nurse. My mother was a nurse and she went back to work part-time after my younger brother was 1 and full-time as soon as we were both in elementary school. Nursing is a career, not just a job and most nurses take minimal time off to start or raise families. The draw to nurse is very strong! I think after 3 years, Ben turns into a Jack Lambert type Mr. Dad and takes over getting his kids to school and after school activities while his wife goes back to nursing. Time will tell but that's what I think will go down.
Damn Ewa... That's a great point! I think you just solved the riddle.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. This is a very deep RB class. Barkley is in a class of his own but Guice is a first round talent and Ronald Jones, Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Rashaad Penny, and Kerryon Johnson aren't too far behind him. After that the names get a little murky but there is still fantastic depth at the position throughout the draft.

Of note: I've seen several comparisons to Bell in regards to Kerryon Johnson. I hear a lot about his patience. Make no mistake... he's no Bell. But still.

Eh, IDK. I don't consider it a deep class simply because Barkley is going in the top 5 while everyone else is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round? IDK if I would consider that deep. I don't see any other RB going in the first round unless someone shines in the combines.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, IDK. I don't consider it a deep class simply because Barkley is going in the top 5 while everyone else is projected in the 2nd or 3rd round? IDK if I would consider that deep. I don't see any other RB going in the first round unless someone shines in the combines.
Depth and high end talent are different things.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres at least 5-6 rb's i see as starters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess is starting to change to maybe he plays the contract out....a lot of that is stemming from Haley being moved imo.

The nursing field is certainly a dedicated one...those in my family that retired from nursing all went back during retirement....for some it's a labor of love.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK about day one starters, but I think this is a fairly deep RB class also. 1st rounders? I think the LSU kid goes in the 1st round, but 2nd day for the rest...Michele imo has the potential to help a team early in a role like Kamara in NO...I'm sure his goal at the combine is to catch it and run routes better than they think he can.