• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Akron Game Week Thread

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree that he was a square peg. He demonstrated that he could use his legs during the spring game. Unlike POB, who was a fence post, Gebbia had enough mobility for this system.
Tom as parent of former college athletes here is another way to look at this. Frost never recruited Gebbia so he had no real loyalty to him and vice-versa. Some college coaches clean house when the arrive at a new job as scholarships are only good for one year and are renewable at the discretion of the coach. In some of the smaller team sports like volleyball it happens all the time because of limited scholarships available. Here is something many parents have said to their student/athlete, "You are only good and set in your position until the next recruiting class comes in." Same applies with a new head coach.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom as parent of former college athletes here is another way to look at this. Frost never recruited Gebbia so he had no real loyalty to him and vice-versa. Some college coaches clean house when the arrive at a new job as scholarships are only good for one year and are renewable at the discretion of the coach. In some of the smaller team sports like volleyball it happens all the time because of limited scholarships available. Here is something many parents have said to their student/athlete, "You are only good and set in your position until the next recruiting class comes in." Same applies with a new head coach.

Then he should have left in December instead of 5 days before opening day.
Him leaving the team is not the issue. It's the "when."

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be ok. The line will just have to do their job.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he should have left in December instead of 5 days before opening day.
Him leaving the team is not the issue. It's the "when."
I doubt TG planned this very long ago. He could turn out to be just another Johnny Stanton.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost didn't seem very pleased about Gebbia dropping the bomb Monday. Said they would have managed the QB's different especially with Vedrals waiver process

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost didn't seem very pleased about Gebbia dropping the bomb Monday. Said they would have managed the QB's different especially with Vedrals waiver process
Yeah, Gebbia really screwed things up for the team with his selfishness.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Gebbia really screwed things up for the team with his selfishness.
I can't argue that it didn't hurt the team, but its relative to AM staying healthy all season. They need to be very cautious with his previous shoulder injury

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue that it didn't hurt the team, but its relative to AM staying healthy all season. They need to be very cautious with his previous shoulder injury
Agree. The line better be much improved.