• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say yes, but not likely to win. If you had a ranking, he'd be somewhere in the 6-8 range for me. But still that's in the discussion.

Yeah I agree lol. I didn't go in details but I was more answering no he can't win. Doubt he finish top 5 either but yeah I bet when you actually look at the final MVP voting, I'm sure he will be top 10

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say I shit on Westbrook a lot (and justifiably so), but last night he was incredible. That was the best version of him I think I've seen in terms of reading the game, making the right plays and maximizing his efficiency. THAT is the Westbrook I've always wanted to see.

If that Westbrook comes out to play in the playoffs, every team in the NBA should be really worried.

He needs to really do something about that 3 ball. He is attempting nearly 5 3's nightly and is only shooting 22%. Get that to low 30's and that will be bad news

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to say I shit on Westbrook a lot (and justifiably so), but last night he was incredible. That was the best version of him I think I've seen in terms of reading the game, making the right plays and maximizing his efficiency. THAT is the Westbrook I've always wanted to see.

If that Westbrook comes out to play in the playoffs, every team in the NBA should be really worried.

Incredible game.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to really do something about that 3 ball. He is attempting nearly 5 3's nightly and is only shooting 22%. Get that to low 30's and that will be bad news

I haven't seen many Thunder games this year, so I'm not really sure if the quality of his looks are affecting his percentage. But damn that percentage is awful.

He needs to more of less remove the 3 point shot from his repertoire or at least limited it to around 2-2.5 per game. Think early career Chris Paul. Just shoot occassionally to keep the defense honest, but use the midrange, speed and quickness to get to the hoop.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what's so frustrating about him, imo.

He has games like this from time to time (although this has got to be his best ever or real close) that show what is possible...but then he goes right back to his usual stuff.

To me he is, at the same time, one of the most fun and frustrating players in league history to watch.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what's so frustrating about him, imo.

He has games like this from time to time (although this has got to be his best ever or real close) that show what is possible...but then he goes right back to his usual stuff.

To me he is, at the same time, one of the most fun and frustrating players in league history to watch.

Fun and Frustrating is probably the optimal way to describe his game. All time talent for sure. All time NBA player, not so much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Burks is the guy most likely to be dealt but other rumors.

A handful of teams are interested in TT. Doubt he goes.
Pelicans and Thunder are interested in Love. Highly doubt he goes.
The Rockets would take J.R. if Cleveland took back the Melo contract $1.52 cap hit LOL

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So great to see. Hopefully he can still get consistent minutes soon with Bagley back
He's been taking Kosta's minutes, so the current 4 man big rotation is WCS/Bjelica/Bagley/Giles with some KK thrown in. If they trade for Kanter then he could lose some PT, but right now he's earning minutes. I'm excited about the future starting lineup of Fox/Buddy/KD/Giles/Bagley.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun and Frustrating is probably the optimal way to describe his game. All time talent for sure. All time NBA player, not so much.
There's been a few of those. Jason Williams, Pete Maravich, Allan Iverson, Derek Rose...I guess it's a point guard thing

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a few of those. Jason Williams, Pete Maravich, Allan Iverson, Derek Rose...I guess it's a point guard thing

Yeah lots of PGs would make that list for me. Guys like Steve Francis and Baron Davis also come to mind. Those guys could ball, but also make you scratching your head or yelling at the TV a lot.

Other's at different positions might be off the top of my head:

Josh Smith - Dude had crazy talent, just couldn't put it together. Could have been a perennial all-star if he stopped chucking 3's and learned to use his ability to get to the rim better. He was also a really underrated play maker which he didn't utilize to his fullest capabilities either.

Dwight Howard - Super dominant, but always felt sub-par. It's crazy to think what he could have done if he applied himself correctly.

Amare Stoudemire - He was incredibly fun to watch play, but for someone with his size and athleticism he couldn't get it done defensively or on the boards. It was weird. He would always disappear when you needed him too.

Carmelo Anthony - He's like the wing version of Russell Westbrook in terms of what he was capable of, versus actual productivity. One of the best scorers in NBA history, but unwilling to alter his game at all for efficiency purposes.

Lance Stephenson - Today's modern poster child for fun and frustrating. You're not sure whether or not he hurts or helps you on a given night.

I'm sure there are plenty others, but those are the first guys that came to mind.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Burks is the guy most likely to be dealt but other rumors.

A handful of teams are interested in TT. Doubt he goes.
Pelicans and Thunder are interested in Love. Highly doubt he goes.
The Rockets would take J.R. if Cleveland took back the Melo contract $1.52 cap hit LOL
I can definitely see Burks and Hood going out in a deal and the Cavs getting some bad money and a first rounder back.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistol Pete was a cut above the rest of them. Too bad he suffered a catastrophic knee injury or he'd be on my all time NBA team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pistol Pete was a cut above the rest of them. Too bad he suffered a catastrophic knee injury or he'd be on my all time NBA team.
4ceab5dd1715a5eee62773155be03b4e7d6eeae0_00.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, we all joined within 3 weeks of eachother.

But, @DJ has tripled us up.
we gotta get our posts up huh? lol

i had tacos for lunch today.

I might order a pizza for dinner tonight. Pepperoni. Maybe a salad on the side. I like italian dressing.