• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's remember at least 5 offered or were prepared to offer Whiteside a max.
yah but keep in mind that was right before the cap exploded

a lot different giving a guy, what did whiteside get? 4 years 98 is a lot different than say like 4 years 160

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers/Spurs tonight should be interesting.

Spurs have an awful lot of size with Aldridge, Poelt and Gasol.

Losing Murray really does hurt the Spurs big time though. And they really have no one to guard LeBron at all.

Lakers should be able to take advantage of their speed in this game- but they gotta shoot at least 30% from 3.

Lakers could really use a win, just to keep the outside noise at bay. Won't affect LeBron, but could affect the other guys.

With Ingram and Rondo out, minutes will be up for everyone. Beasly and Svi will probably get their numbers called.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers could really use a win, just to keep the outside noise at bay. Won't affect LeBron, but could affect the other guys.

With Ingram and Rondo out, minutes will be up for everyone. Beasly and Svi will probably get their numbers called.
you know how it went for the Cavs---- the pressure of playing with LeBron is just immense, andd that was in Cleveland.

In LA, with all the expectations, and with the half decade plus of suckitude before LeBron got there- that city is just primed. I mean did you see Ice Cube's pregame comments?

"Laker fans, the wait is over."

So said Ice Cube as he concluded the opening invocation that greeted fans on the video screen as they filed in from the buzzy concourse into the bowl at Staples Center. Among the promises offered to those in attendance were "the dawn of a new kingdom" and the restoration of Showtime.

These young guys- Hart, Kuzma, Ingram, Ball- had not played in a meaningful NBA game in their careers before the Blazers game- and now they are expected to be key cogs in "the restoration of Showtime". The pressure is jsut going to be immense.

Thus far- and of course its super early- it seems like a guy like Hart can deal with and even embrace that, while a guy like Ingram looks like he is crumbling under that pressure. Imagine if this team is like .500 in January like the Cavs and on the outside looking in for playoff position? The media pressure is just going to be racheted up times 1000- there will be people asking if Walton should be replaced, if they should make a major trade, if they have to sit certain guys, if the ball-handling vs. shooters approach was the wrong thing to do.

We saw it in Cleveland- there was a different storm and mostly media generated controversy happening ALL the time. These young guys are going to have to grow up quick and learn how to deal with it and shut it out - because the pressure in October will be NOTHING compared to the pressure down the stretch of the season.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy sighting...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy sighting...

lol

A. I would never wear a jersey without a shirt underneath. Gross. Actually, I think I have only ever purchased 1 jersey in my entire life- a Troy Smith jersey and i think i wore it once- people who buy and wear jerseys are weirdo's if you ask me.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max?

35 mil per for Draymond?
If not full max pretty close. Hoping he gives a slight discount though, since the team has to deal with his T's all season. LOl

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't deserve the max though
What he provides to that team from a defensive perspective yes he does - and he also executes the offense very effectively.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As my brother in law is one of those people I can confirm this statement is true.
the only reason i bought the Troy Smith jersey was; (i) it was on deep discount at Kohl's, (ii) he had just beaten Michigan for the 2nd time and at that time it was a HUGE deal, (iii) the Jersey just had a number- no name on the back- just the #10, and, (iv) I wanted something to wear to a National Championship Game party for the Bucks/Florida game (v) as a Cleveland, fan, up until that point, Troy Smith was the only athlete that had not let me down, right up until he showed up fat as fuck to the Florida game and we get routed.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this is plausible, if Boogie shows he's still a very good player this year, he will get much better offers from other teams than 1 year at $12 mil
Yes but by then he might have taken a liking to actually winning & decide that is more important than money.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but by then he might have taken a liking to actually winning & decide that is more important than money.
Kind of depends on how much money. If the Ws offer $12 mil a year and other teams offer $15 that's one thing. But a healthy Boogie is getting offers at least around $25 mil. That's a lot to give up, especially since many other winning teams will be offering.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people who buy jerseys are the worst.

lol

I think there is a "jersey wearing age limit". If you are 29 and younger...no problem.

If you're 30 and up...no jersey. It just looks stupid.

I had about 3 or 4 jerseys in my younger days. Once I turned 30...I packed them up in a box to give to my son when he was big enough to wear them.

He's 21 and my old jerseys are his favorite things to wear. lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not full max pretty close. Hoping he gives a slight discount though, since the team has to deal with his T's all season. LOl

That's all the more reason to give him the max. He needs the money to pay his fines. lol

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of depends on how much money. If the Ws offer $12 mil a year and other teams offer $15 that's one thing. But a healthy Boogie is getting offers at least around $25 mil. That's a lot to give up, especially since many other winning teams will be offering.
Could be, could be not. He's played for several different team now. He may be looking for a permanent home. Who knows?