• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

You've made other comments.....
heres another:

how many "traditional" centers are there in the NBA today?
a center that cant pass, cant shoot, and cant defend on the perimeter like Whiteside?

Gortat, Jordan, Drummond, Mozgov, Hernangomez, Valunciunas, RLopez, Monroe, Dedmon, Vucevic, Chandler,

Noel and Capela can play multiple positions, as can Adams- those 3 are both GREAT at getting out and defending the perimeter on switches.

so....actual centers like Whiteside? there just arent that many in the entire league anymore. You just cant get away playing a guy that (i) cant shoot an outside shot, (ii) cant switch and flash out to the perimeter, and (iii) is a ball stopper that cant pass.

Maybe a dozen guys like that who start in the entire league?

guys like Lopez, Gasol, Gasol - all can shoot 3's, and are very good passers

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres another:

a center that cant pass, cant shoot, and cant defend on the perimeter like Whiteside?

Gortat, Jordan, Drummond, Mozgov, Hernangomez, Valunciunas, RLopez, Monroe, Dedmon, Vucevic, Chandler,

Noel and Capela can play multiple positions, as can Adams- those 3 are both GREAT at getting out and defending the perimeter on switches.

so....actual centers like Whiteside? there just arent that many in the entire league anymore. You just cant get away playing a guy that (i) cant shoot an outside shot, (ii) cant switch and flash out to the perimeter, and (iii) is a ball stopper that cant pass.

:boink:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capela averages a whopping 1.4apg....

Whiteside 0.8apg.

That 0.6apg must make a big difference.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heres another:

Pau Gasol is beyond done. Must would take Whiteside over him. Despite Pau's range.

TOO EASY.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pau Gasol is beyond done. Must would take Whiteside over him. Despite Pau's range.

TOO EASY.
obviously the point of that post flew way over your head. I should know better than to expect you to have any kind of ability to grasp of nuance. Big. Dumb. Slow.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously the point of that post flew way over your head. I should know better than to expect you to have any kind of ability to grasp of nuance. Big. Dumb. Slow.

When you get rebuttal'ed into a corner.....it's over somebody's head.....

:lol:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get rebuttal'ed into a corner.....it's over somebody's head.....

:lol:
DJ, are you truly this stupid? you say some totally made up crap about Capela- i totally 100% refute your stupidity with evidence and past posts- and you think its funny that i just embarassed you. I gotta say- sometimes your ignorance is almost enviable. honestly- lol....how easy one could sleep.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is LeBron playing tonight?

the Knicks are awful- but if LeBron is not playing i think you gotta give them a chance....a slim one on the road with such an awful team- but a chance.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden doesn't get the call on one end then the refs call a pretty shitty blocking foul on PJ that ends in a 3 point play.

Refs making awful calls like that in a one point game late in the 4th is a disgrace

Looked like the WCF's Game 7, refs doing everything they could to let the W's win...Harden just make shot after shot and that step back is unguardable

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we might have to agree to disagree- because a player on the winning team that had a triple double, that AVERAGES a triple double, that is a multi time ALL NBA player can pretty much do whatever he wants to do. lol.

Again, I don't care what he's averaging.

He was 3 for 20.

If PG, who dropped 37 on the Lakers and was getting jeered by fans all game long wants to taunt...go for it.

The guy shooting 3 for 20 should stfu.

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad the Lakers haven't had Lebron the last 4 games (3 being losses). 1 point loss, 1 point loss, 7 point loss where they were up in the 4th. They could very well be still in the top 4 in the west, only about 1.5 out.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 out of the Lakers 10 rotation players are under 70%

Yep, Kuzma is at 78%, Lance is at 76% and KCP is at 89%.

Maybe they can petition the league to KCP be their designated free throw shooter? lol

I posted upthread that I can think of 4-5 games that their free throw shooting has cost them.

4 more wins would have them tied for first in the Pacific Division right now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too bad the Lakers haven't had Lebron the last 4 games (3 being losses). 1 point loss, 1 point loss, 7 point loss where they were up in the 4th. They could very well be still in the top 4 in the west, only about 1.5 out.
thats why he is LeBron. lol.....

It does not look like he is playing against the Knicks tonight- so who knows how that game will even go. It is at home- and the Knicks are pretty much tanking without Porzingis so I would THINK the Lakers would win but who knows.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Kuzma is at 78%, Lance is at 76% and KCP is at 89%.

Maybe they can petition the league to KCP be their designated free throw shooter? lol

I posted upthread that I can think of 4-5 games that their free throw shooting has cost them.

4 more wins would have them tied for first in the Pacific Division right now.
what is surprising me more than there ft shooting is their 3 pt shooting.

I knew Ingram's near 40% last year was fools gold- but i thought hed be better than 30%. Kuzma at 30%, with the increased spacing from LeBron is VERY surprising.

Lonzo is actually shooting slightly better from 3 than Kuzma or Ingram. lol who would have guessed that?

Good thing Hart is shooting well and KCP is shooting respectably

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he did that halftime so he wasn't shooting 3-20 at that point and also Lance is basically asking for opponents to do this to him. Lou Will did the same thing last Friday as well. Guys look at it as a taunt so you're going to see a lot of opponents mocking Lance when they're winning.

It is what it is.

Unless he was 3 for 3 at halftime, he was shooting terribly at half time too.

2 times a player has no business taunting/celebrating...

when his team is losing and when he's shooting 3 for 20. lol