• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could very well be. But he's still very young.

For him to ever achieve his potential, he needs to go somewhere else IMO. James isn't going anywhere and they won't wait till James retires (or leaves) before handing the team over to Ball so he can run the offense 100%.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be 19-11 after Sunday.....should be.

But, it's the 2nd of a back to back and we got swept by the Magic.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams I think are locks to make the playoffs out West are the Warriors, Thunder, Nuggets, LeBrakers, and Rockets(too much talent and experience). Of course "lock" is used but if the best players or in the Warriors case best 2-3 players go down then it can change, but they seem like the most likely 5 to get in. After that there's 9 teams who could make it with some having better chances than others. Still not expecting the Kings to make it but seeing the Clippers, Grizz, and Blazers come back down to earth from their hot starts gives me more reason to think they could get in. If they beat other teams fighting for those spots it'll really help.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raise your hand if you lost to both the Phoenix Suns and Chicago Bulls already.
The horrible guards of San Antonio keep killing the team.

Outscored 36-0 at the point guard kills a team.
The loss of Murray, Parker, and Ginobili really is killing the team. All of them could handle the point last season.

White is not much of an NBA player. Derozan cannot play the point really at all.
Mills is too short to be a real starting PG in todays NBA.

The JOHN WALL to the Spurs trade might start making more sense as the season progresses for both teams.

Problem is that Washington is going to demand Murray in the package.
Do the Spurs want to trade away what they think is the future superstar for a better player today.

I doubt very seriously the Wizards will simply take Walker, Gasol, and picks.
They want Walker, Gasol, and Murray.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only teams I think are locks to make the playoffs out West are the Warriors, Thunder, Nuggets, LeBrakers, and Rockets(too much talent and experience). Of course "lock" is used but if the best players or in the Warriors case best 2-3 players go down then it can change, but they seem like the most likely 5 to get in. After that there's 9 teams who could make it with some having better chances than others. Still not expecting the Kings to make it but seeing the Clippers, Grizz, and Blazers come back down to earth from their hot starts gives me more reason to think they could get in. If they beat other teams fighting for those spots it'll really help.

West doesn't look as strong as it did in the past.

44 or 45 wins may be good enough for 7th or 8th

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's deep but with so many teams beating up on each other to get in, the win totals for those last two spots won't be great. A .500 record could be enough to sneak in. I think the youth of the Kings will hold them back from getting through the long haul of the season with a playoff spot, but they've surprised me multiple times already this season so I'm okay if they want to prove me wrong again.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The loss of Murray, Parker, and Ginobili really is killing the team. All of them could handle the point last season.

White is not much of an NBA player. Derozan cannot play the point really at all.

The JOHN WALL to the Spurs trade might start making more sense as the season progresses for both teams.

Do the Spurs want to trade away what they think is the future superstar for a better player today.

The Spurs could go 0-82 and trading for John Wall would still make no sense. That's not the type of thing they do

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone saw it but this was the halftime show for Lakers/Hornets tonight...Cats Doing Tricks. WTF!?!!?! How the hell did they get cats to do that? This has totally blown my mind

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I get that. I guess my main point is the kid is just 23 and has started what.....30-40 games during his career and played like 20mpg......if he ever gets a starting gig and plays 33-34mpg......he could be a really good player one day.

I think he is solid for sure. But like Otto Porter, he is the type who will likely get vastly overpaid in RFA.

He and Ariza are actually somewhat similar. Oubre is just the younger version. But I don't think Oubre has much real upside beyond that and I don't want to pay him $15-20 million per year onna long term deal.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Wizards would want Murray.

But if they are smart they will take what they can get.

I am afraid though, that the Ariza trade is a sign that they are going "all in" for a run at the 8 seed.

Exciting times for Wizard fans!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You need to rephrase your first sentence.

44 or 45 wins might be good enough because the West IS so strong.

There are no Kings and Mavericks to beat up in anymore. There is only 1 bad team in the conference. That will naturally depress records as they beat each other.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if anyone saw it but this was the halftime show for Lakers/Hornets tonight...Cats Doing Tricks. WTF!?!!?! How the hell did they get cats to do that? This has totally blown my mind

I can't let my wife see this video... she may start getting ideas... (we have two cats)

:D

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Westbrook past Kobe Bryant in assist last night.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's deep but with so many teams beating up on each other to get in, the win totals for those last two spots won't be great. A .500 record could be enough to sneak in. I think the youth of the Kings will hold them back from getting through the long haul of the season with a playoff spot, but they've surprised me multiple times already this season so I'm okay if they want to prove me wrong again.

not so sure if a .500 record will do it, but I DEFINITELY agree that the teams in the Western conference are closer together in talent, so the records of the teams are going to "suffer" accordingly...

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need to rephrase your first sentence.

44 or 45 wins might be good enough because the West IS so strong.

There are no Kings and Mavericks to beat up in anymore. There is only 1 bad team in the conference. That will naturally depress records as they beat each other.

wish I saw this post before I put mine up. 100% spot on, coach...:10: