• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

if it has not happened before i think its official now---- the Wiz have replaced the Kings as the biggest joke in the NBA. lol Kings are on their way up and the Wiz are still lying to themselves that this team is anything but garbage--- they have not even accepted that a rebuild is necessary yet.

They should be thrilled this deal isnt happening--- giving up assets for Ariza who is just going to walk? This is almost as dumb as trading a 1st rounder for Bogdon who walked a couple months later. Just total abject incompetence.

Fire everyone and move the franchise to Seattle for shitsake.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,941.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At my dad's and just busted out the laptop......LOL at that failed trade.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson, fuck off.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry buddy. That's tough to take. Up 10 at home very late in the 4th. This was a game they couldn't lose. Sucks
Kings fans are used to the heart breaking losses, hopefully the young team can learn from this. But it does really really suck. 2 times this year they barely lose to the Warriors...it hurts.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
h this is just so great...LOL

first off- the Wiz trading any kind of assets for Ariza is hilarious

2nd off

just wow.....

Wiz gonna Wiz.

Salary dump.

They can't trade Wall or Porter.

So, they can't pay Oubre this Summer.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And on top of the loss, Bagley is gonna be out for at least 10-14 days. Big blow with the schedule the Kings face the rest of this month playing a lot of teams in that fight for a playoff spot. Hope Shumpert is okay and doesn't miss any time, and he doesn't care for moral victories.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about respect for him as a coach and his knowledge of the game. Spoelstra wasn't in anyone's draft class, but Lebron eventually learned to respect him and allowed himself to be coached by him.

Part of that, imo, was the number of years that he signed for and the fact that Riley made it clear that Spo wasn't going anywhere.

If Luke is making the right calls, and Lebron believes in what he's doing (so far, he seems to), then it really shouldn't be an issue.

For the record, I think Walton is a fine coach.

But put yourself in LeBron's shoes for a moment. His basketball IQ is off the charts. He has an ego the size of Texas. He has never been all that trusting of his coaches.

Luke Walton is a tough sell as anything other than a minority partner to LeBron. It would take a credentialed coach like Popovich to truly get LeBron's full respect, IMO.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

if it has not happened before i think its official now---- the Wiz have replaced the Kings as the biggest joke in the NBA. lol Kings are on their way up and the Wiz are still lying to themselves that this team is anything but garbage--- they have not even accepted that a rebuild is necessary yet.

They should be thrilled this deal isnt happening--- giving up assets for Ariza who is just going to walk? This is almost as dumb as trading a 1st rounder for Bogdon who walked a couple months later. Just total abject incompetence.

I have been saying for years that the Wizards are the worst managed franchise in the NBA over the last 30 years and I really don't think it is all that close.

But this deal wouldn't bother me. Yes, I would prefer a fire sale. But Oubre isn't a long term asset because I really don't want the Wiz to pay him this summer. And they probably will if he is still on the roster.

If this trade were to go through it could end up being a long term blessing. Because missing the playoffs with this roster + Ariza would absolutely have to be the final nail in Grunfield's coffin.

I mean right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, I think Walton is a fine coach.

But put yourself in LeBron's shoes for a moment. His basketball IQ is off the charts. He has an ego the size of Texas. He has never been all that trusting of his coaches.

Luke Walton is a tough sell as anything other than a minority partner to LeBron. It would take a credentialed coach like Popovich to truly get LeBron's full respect, IMO.

Yes, Lebron can be tough on coaches. What superstar, except maybe Timmy, isn't/wasn't hard on coaches?

Plus, it's the Lakers and it's Lebron. That's a sports soap opera waiting to happen if there ever was one. lol

Thing is, it seems everyone wants to treat the Lakers situation like the Cavs situation, when it's closer to the Heat.

In Miami Lebron signed a 4 year deal and he was tough on Spo at first. Then Riley made it clear that Spo wasn't going anywhere. Everyone shut the hell up, Spo earned Lebron's respect and he allowed himself to be coached by Spo.

With the Lakers, Lebron signed a 4 year deal. Magic, not Lebron, supposedly chewed out Luke.Then 2 things happened. Reports started coming out that it was much ado about nothing and Jeanie said: "Luke is our coach". Since then, everyone has shut the hell up until Windhorst and now that report has been refuted as well.

Even @ChiefsLakers67 hasn't been saying anything and you know he's waiting for any chance to blast Lebron. lol

Maybe Lebron respects Luke, maybe he doesn't? At the least, Lebron seems to be giving him a chance to earn it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay Thompson, fuck off.

That guy is such an asshole. He's far too much of an asshole to be playing for a nice organization like the Warriors. He should definitely move to the Lakers this summer. He'd fit right in.

I'm sure @Wamu would agree wholeheartedly. :nod:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Lebron can be tough on coaches. What superstar, except maybe Timmy, isn't/wasn't hard on coaches?

Plus, it's the Lakers and it's Lebron. That's a sports soap opera waiting to happen if there ever was one. lol

Thing is, it seems everyone wants to treat the Lakers situation like the Cavs situation, when it's closer to the Heat.

In Miami Lebron signed a 4 year deal and he was tough on Spo at first. Then Riley made it clear that Spo wasn't going anywhere. Everyone shut the hell up, Spo earned Lebron's respect and he allowed himself to be coached by Spo.

With the Lakers, Lebron signed a 4 year deal. Magic, not Lebron, supposedly chewed out Luke.Then 2 things happened. Reports started coming out that it was much ado about nothing and Jeanie said: "Luke is our coach". Since then, everyone has shut the hell up until Windhorst and now that report has been refuted as well.

Even @ChiefsLakers67 hasn't been saying anything and you know he's waiting for any chance to blast Lebron. lol

Maybe Lebron respects Luke, maybe he doesn't? At the least, Lebron seems to be giving him a chance to earn it.

what, me blast LeClown...?

haven't a clue what you're talking about... :angel:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Bolts

CLippers Historically and Suns recently say, Sup..

But, telling Phoenix it was Dillon after the Griz said Marshon is fucking hysterical.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 , @tlance, @WiggyRuss

For me, outside of God, my Mama and Woj....

There's nobody's word I trust more than Shams....

Candace seems locked in too.

Sounds like it's on the Griz.

Classic bait and switch.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89 , @tlance, @WiggyRuss

For me, outside of God, my Mama and Woj....

There's nobody's word I trust more than Shams....

Candace seems locked in too.

Sounds like it's on the Griz.

Classic bait and switch.

Memphis doesn't come out of this looking good at all. The least they could do is own up to it