• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 NBA Regular Season Thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but if you missed a dunk 2 or 3X, a 50 should be out of the picture

And the dunk wasn't even that good!

He jumped over Wade and had to push off. Didn't do anything special at the top either.

If he gets that first try it should be 9s. 4th try? Hell no.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember fans being upset when he said he didn't like In-N-Out lol. I've never been to Whataburger and barely ever been to In-N-Out, but wasn't impressed. And the line there is always long which surprises me.

I have never understood the fascination with In N Out. It's not a bad burger and the prices are good. But I have never thought it was good enough to justify the line you have to wait through to get one.

To be fair, some of it may be the hype around them. The first time I had one, my Mom took me and raved about how good it was the whole way there. A couple of friends had told me how good they were too.

We get there, there's a long line and I'm thinking..."Wow, these burgers must be awesome".

Got a double double and like I said, it wasn't bad, but not really close to what I was expecting given the line and what I'd been told about them.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear by this point that the earlier list was just a part of the overall shenanigans that Davis and his "camp" were running to try to manipulate their way to L.A.

Kinda funny in an eyerolling kind of way to see Davis try to wiggle out of it all now... I have to say, AD hasn't come across well in this affair... he has been unmanly, to be frank.

If he got fined for publicly demanding a trade then he would probably see some type of punishment for confirming a list of preferred destinations. He's just playing the game.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty clear by this point that the earlier list was just a part of the overall shenanigans that Davis and his "camp" were running to try to manipulate their way to L.A.

Kinda funny in an eyerolling kind of way to see Davis try to wiggle out of it all now... I have to say, AD hasn't come across well in this affair... he has been unmanly, to be frank.

Something tells me that you'd be be far more impressed with how "manly" he is if the Celtics had been on the list. lol

He wanted to go to the Lakers, he and his agent tried to force his way there, it didn't work. He isn't the first player to try to force his way to a team he'd rather play for and he won't be the last.

I expect that this summer, we'll find out how "real" his list was. If it was truly a real list, then the Pels may find themselves wishing they had just traded him to the Lakers before the deadline.

If it's not, then the Pels will get more for him than the Lakers can realistically offer. That will then force the Lakers to make some decisions about their cap space.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the burger talk on here... anyone make their own?

I've come up with a pretty good formula. Mix and patty the following:
  • Ground beef
  • bread crumbs
  • some burger seasoning mix, found on a typical spice aisle at a grocery store
  • chopped onions
  • chopped jalapeno
  • an egg
Don't worry about measurements, if you like the ingredient just put it in. I'll typically melt some pepper jack cheese on the top towards the end of grilling.

I got small kids so I make them small and slider style... Hawaiian rolls work well as "buns".

Nice recipe.

I usually go with ground beef (80/20) or a combo of ground beef (73/27)and ground pork.

Then I will usually stuff them with bleu cheese crumbles and chopped bacon. Then top them with cheddar or pepper jack and a couple more slices of bacon.

Don't know if you've seen them, but there are now Hawaiian roll hamburger buns.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me that you'd be be far more impressed with how "manly" he is if the Celtics had been on the list. lol
I said that knowing he may end up on the Celtics... it's my assessment of what just went down this trading deadline silly season, and I stand by it.

No, he isn't the first player to be willful... but the way he and his camp went about it was definitely on the circus end of the spectrum, and dude came across as flat out unmanly during the process IMO.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice recipe.

I usually go with ground beef (80/20) or a combo of ground beef (73/27)and ground pork.

Then I will usually stuff them with bleu cheese crumbles and chopped bacon. Then top them with cheddar or pepper jack and a couple more slices of bacon.

Don't know if you've seen them, but there are now Hawaiian roll hamburger buns.
Yeah... that sounds sweet.

I'll move to bigger burgers and those Hawaiian hamburger buns when my kids grow a little... my wife makes me do slider size for now. ;) That's fine, I just have 3 of the suckers at dinner.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said that knowing he may end up on the Celtics... it's my assessment of what just went down this trading deadline silly season, and I stand by it.

No, he isn't the first player to be willful... but the way he and his camp went about it was definitely on the circus end of the spectrum, and dude came across as flat out unmanly during the process IMO.

To be fair, he really didn't do anything any differently than other players who have tried to force their way to other teams.

But, it's the Lakers and it's Lebron, so of course, that ramps things up a bit. Plus, the Pels (specifically Demps) were leaking a bunch of things, some of which it's looking like may not have even been true.

But no doubt, Klutch bungled this because they never should have gone public with it as soon as they did. All that did was piss off the Pels and pretty much the rest of the league too.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... that sounds sweet.

I'll move to bigger burgers and those Hawaiian hamburger buns when my kids grow a little... my wife makes me do slider size for now. ;) That's fine, I just have 3 of the suckers at dinner.

I'm not really a fan of the Hawaiian hamburger buns, even though I love Hawaiian rolls and Hawaiian bread. I find them too sweet for a burger.

But my wife loves them, but she's half Hawaiian, so go figure. lol

I do like the Hawaiian hamburger buns with pulled pork though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he really didn't do anything any differently than other players who have tried to force their way to other teams.

But, it's the Lakers and it's Lebron, so of course, that ramps things up a bit. Plus, the Pels (specifically Demps) were leaking a bunch of things, some of which it's looking like may not have even been true.

But no doubt, Klutch bungled this because they never should have gone public with it as soon as they did. All that did was piss off the Pels and pretty much the rest of the league too.
supposedly the Lakers were pissed at Paul because he was the biggest leaker of them all.

and typically guys dont come out with public trade demand when they have a year and a half left on their deals.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having your dad call the media and do what he did was circus sh!t. (Yeah, I don't believe dad did that on his own without any prompting)

The recent injury was weird and weirdly handled.

The quietness during the whole affair coupled with the obvious fibbing when he did speak doesn't come across well.

All of it was unmanly.
TF12 said:
:suds:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really a fan of the Hawaiian hamburger buns, even though I love Hawaiian rolls and Hawaiian bread. I find them too sweet for a burger.

But my wife loves them, but she's half Hawaiian, so go figure. lol

I do like the Hawaiian hamburger buns with pulled pork though.
Yeah, I hear ya... I don't love the sweet, either.

The best buns I've had that are widely accessible are these... try them if they are in your area:

41rtECDpPPL.SX187_SY355_CR,0,0,187,355_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_SX187_SY355_CR,0,0,187,355_SH20_.jpg

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what will be the over/under for tonight's glorified practice, 360?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
supposedly the Lakers were pissed at Paul because he was the biggest leaker of them all.

and typically guys dont come out with public trade demand when they have a year and a half left on their deals.

Yeah, I don't know how much was leaked by Klutch. The reports out here are kind of conflicting.

They have mainly centered around the leaks coming from Demps and the Lakers being mad that Klutch went public with AD's demand before the Pels had a chance to even consider negotiating. Can't really blame the Pels for being mad and not wanting to deal with the Lakers after that.

The feeling out here is that if Paul had gone quietly to the Pels and let them know that AD wasn't re-signing and would like to go to the Lakers, there is a solid chance that AD would be a Laker as we speak.

I think some of the leaks came from Paul as far as AD's "list" and I am inclined to agree with @Gman that Paul may have put AD's Dad up to that statement re: how IT was treated.

But, I also think that Demps was the one leaking what the Lakers were offering and that at least a couple of them weren't even real offers.

Certainly makes more sense, imo, than the Lakers supposedly offering something like 5 or 6 players plus picks without a 3rd team involved.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So seth curry is getting married to doc rivers daughter

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hear ya... I don't love the sweet, either.

The best buns I've had that are widely accessible are these... try them if they are in your area:

41rtECDpPPL.SX187_SY355_CR,0,0,187,355_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_SX187_SY355_CR,0,0,187,355_SH20_.jpg

Love potato rolls. I'll definitely be looking for those.

Where's @DJ with all of this food talk going on? lol