• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2018-2019 All-Star game thread

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they added a special spot for them.

Silver is a players/fans friendly commish unlike that POS running the NFL.

There was literally no harm done lol.

They added a roster spot for both so the 12 players deserving from each conference still made it.

But keep crying like the little bitch that you are

Sorry, I know this is the last chance for you to put on your DWade underoos. Didn't mean to spoil your party.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be what the HOF is for, if the basketball HOF wasn't such a joke. They want 13 players suited up then name 13 all stars.

If there were an All Star team for missing the point you would be team captain.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curry has been way off tonight

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final 2 minutes didn't feel like an exhibition to me. Don't think the game would have been that competitive under the East vs West format. Now if they could shake up the dunk contest, that'd be great.

Gotta be honest, didn't think Curry had that type of jumping ability.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final 2 minutes didn't feel like an exhibition to me. Don't think the game would have been that competitive under the East vs West format. Now if they could shake up the dunk contest, that'd be great.

Gotta be honest, didn't think Curry had that type of jumping ability.

I don't think there's much they can do for the dunk contest.

We've seen most of these dunks already so basically we need a competition with great dunks and not a lot of misses which is what we had with Lavine and Gordon. Outside of that, not much the league can do about it.

Next year Zion should be in it so that will be fun.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're on the floor during a game that's supposed to be an all star game. If they want to roll out people on wheelchairs then have them try to have them make half courters at halftime for charity or something.

Wow, perhaps you take all star games a bit too seriously?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I enjoyed it. Don't know why people bitching about no defense, its the all star game. They don't play defense until the 2nd half, and usually just the 4th quarter. Its been that way for decades. And no, those low scores from decades back didn't mean they were playing defense. That happened because they weren't shooting as many 3s. The ridiculously high scores now are because they spend a lot of the game shooting 3s. Which that in itself is rather remarkable when you sit back and just soak it in. Think how good these guys are that they just stop, pop up a 30 footer and it goes in. Sometimes its with token pressure too. It's just fun to see how elite their skills really are.

BTW, that Steph dunk at the end of the game. WTF!?!? I've seen him dunk before but damn. How long has he been hiding hops like that?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, I enjoyed it. Don't know why people bitching about no defense, its the all star game. They don't play defense until the 2nd half, and usually just the 4th quarter. Its been that way for decades. And no, those low scores from decades back didn't mean they were playing defense. That happened because they weren't shooting as many 3s. The ridiculously high scores now are because they spend a lot of the game shooting 3s. Which that in itself is rather remarkable when you sit back and just soak it in. Think how good these guys are that they just stop, pop up a 30 footer and it goes in. Sometimes its with token pressure too. It's just fun to see how elite their skills really are.

BTW, that Steph dunk at the end of the game. WTF!?!? I've seen him dunk before but damn. How long has he been hiding hops like that?

Dude never gets wide open lanes to do that in real games. Nor should he LOL

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

275 field goal attempts between the teams is out of the norm. I don't begrudge anyone who likes it; it is more and more like AAU ball to some of us, face it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
275 field goal attempts between the teams is out of the norm. I don't begrudge anyone who likes it; it is more and more like AAU ball to some of us, face it.
The way to square the circle is to realize it's not supposed to be a basketball game where the outcome matters it's an exhibition of the best players goofing off and occasionally making crazy plays like Steph's bounce alley ooping to Freak. It's like they are scrimmaging at the Y and you walk in on them. No reason to watch but there are worse ways to kill a couple hours on a Sunday

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photo by Gerry Broome AP
IMG_LA-APphoto_All_Star__3_1_QF4USIMP.jpg

Zoop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden and Bron would be sweet

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ASG was my favorite day in the year when I was a kid.

I wonder if that's because the game was better back then (early 90s), or it was for kids.

I think it's a little of both because I do remember people being more into watching the game.

It's still the best all star game in sports, but it could be so much better.

I still think they should do East/West and play for home court advantage. Oh man, that'd be fun.

Back then, everyone wasn't so lovey-dovey, hugging each other on opposing teams and such. Players wanted to beat their rivals, not join up with them to stack the deck. These millennials aren't made the same way.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back then, everyone wasn't so lovey-dovey, hugging each other on opposing teams and such. Players wanted to beat their rivals, not join up with them to stack the deck. These millennials aren't made the same way.

To be fair, it's more about how they come up playing today, imo.

Back in the day, guys would play high school ball and college ball and may have heard of each other, maybe even played against each other a couple of times, but that was about it. If they formed friendships, it typically wasn't until they were already in the NBA and had been there for a few years.

Case in point, Magic and Bird are very close friends, but for their first few years, they didn't like each other, even though they hadn't really met. It wasn't until they did a Converse commercial together that they started to form a friendship.

Today, AAU is arguably more important than high school ball and almost as important as college, especially with all of the one and dones.

These guys all end up on the same AAU teams or playing against each other in tournaments. So, they have the opportunity to get to know each other and form friendships before they get to the NBA.

xXTrellXx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the original East v West format but I understand why they changed it. Allows players from different conferences to play with each other.

But as I dont really have a favorite player in the game it's hard to pick a team to root for.
I chose the Mavericks in part because I'm a Cowboys fan. I kind was on the low on being a Mavs fan last year but after Luka came I am sold and never turning back. Kristaps Porzingis brings a whole new vibe that reminds me of Nash/Nowitski but 10 times better.