• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 NHL Entry Draft

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick is definitely my preference at this point.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it is Patrick, which I have my doubts, he could make the team next season. This could cause other issues with who plays where and with who...in a good way.
Nico, he needs another season in the Q. He needs to physically mature a little and being the big fish in the pond for a full season (he really didn't explode until the worlds) will do him some good. IMHO

After that...this draft is about organizational depth and that is about it.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW!!
Nolan Patrick. It was looking that way for the last two days and that was fine.

Trading Brayden Schenn to the Blues for TWO 1sts!!
Yes, the player we got this year: Morgan Frost, is probably a full if not two seasons away, and the pick in next years (considered deeper) draft. Yes, they take on Lotera's contract, but when you factor in the loss of PEB the Flyers have cleared over 1.5 from the books. Every penny will help.

Really looking forward to what happens today.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, we just made another trade boys to consolidate our picks!!

We're drafting 35th overall now, so we must really like a player here.

Looks like it is Isaac Ratcliffe. He is a 6'6" left winger and was expected to go in round one.

Pretty unreal here. It's almost as if we had three 1st round picks in this draft. That and now we have two 1st round picks next year.

The young guys are on the way, but Hexy is seriously building up our prospect pool for the future.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We took Kirill Ustimenko in the 3rd round. A goalie from Russia and the MHL.

Two more picks upcoming quickly here in round 4.

#106 and #107 overall

Here's where good scouting can really pay off.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another big left winger at #106. Matthew Strome. 6'3" and over 200 lbs. 34 goals, 62 points in 66 games for Hamilton of the OHL. Apparently just needs to work on his skating/conditioning. Potentially a very high reward pick at this spot.

Right winger Maxim Sushko out of Belarus at #107. 32 points in 54 games for Owen Sound of the OHL recently.

Looks like we're stocking up on wing and at forward in general overall here quickly.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another winger taken in round 5. Noah Cates. From Minnesota and played in the USHL/USHS. He is going to college at Minnesota-Duluth next year. They are saying dynamic offensively.

I am out for now. Can't watch the rest of this.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love what I'm seeing. This team will progressively get better every year with the prospects coming in it can be a juggernaut for years to come. Will be a fun ride. Basically 3 first rounders this year crazy!!!!

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited by this draft, and looking back on the last several Flyers' drafts.
Strome will be a work in progress. So will Radcliffe for that matter.
The thought of a line, two or three years off, of Patrick and Strome...size, down low power....

Heres to hoping for a good skating coach and nutritionist.

The future is so bright...better wear shades

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am very excited by this draft, and looking back on the last several Flyers' drafts.
Strome will be a work in progress. So will Radcliffe for that matter.
The thought of a line, two or three years off, of Patrick and Strome...size, down low power....

Heres to hoping for a good skating coach and nutritionist.

The future is so bright...better wear shades
Love it I'm having a few rums to celebrate! :yes:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we drafted a small, Swedish center in the 6th round by the name of Olle Lycksell and then finally our first defender in round 7 from the USHL, Wyatt Kalynuk.

We definitely drafted more along the lines of what we need organizationally this time around and I am liking it.

So, we drafted 7 forwards (3 left wingers), one defenseman and one goalie.

I've seen draft grades for each team and we are one of the few that got the A grade.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still kinda in a post draft haze....
.... there are still some BIG questions that are going to have to be answered before opening night.

But man it is nice feeling this good after the draft and not shaking my head going "Marshal? For this?"

Gotta love Hextall's direct attitude, seek and seize. If he likes a player and feels he wont be around he moves to get him...if he feels he will still be around, he waits ...

Somewhat lost in some of the analysis is that the Flyers are suddenly getting organizationally big again. Patrick is bigger than Schenn. Lehtera is not small. Both Radcliffe and Strome are big boys as is Sam Morin. Size in the present and the future. Cooter is not going to be the only size down the middle. Jake the only heavy winger (Simmonds plays a power game without the heft).