• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Newton only had 14 starts and was being projected as a 2nd rounder the week before the draft when he ended up going #1 and people were LOLing that decision. Drafting a QB is a risk, but its one they have to take if they don't have one. The Browns are making the smart decisions playing it safe stock piling picks and moving back, but they have also passed on the top QB in the draft 2 years in a row. Don't be surprised if their GM finds himself in the unemployment line in the next year or 2 even with all the great moves he is making. I applaud the Bears GM for having the balls to make the tough decision.

Well, perhaps it works out but they do fork over big bucks for Glennon - so they kind of had a more proven guy - not franchise level but something. CLE has something up their sleeve - not sure what but they are being savy. As for Cam, he was a physical beast so I could see taking that chance.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Ross and Mike Williams sports science

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I applaud the Bears GM for having the balls to make the tough decision.
You may be one of the few, Stomp.
Not many Bears' fans are thrilled with the move (yet).

HOF architect Bill Polian is a frequent guest of one our sports radio shows. About a month ago, he basically said, for an organization like the Bears who have historically gotten the QB position wrong and have done so since the days of Sid Luckman (1939-1948), Polian continued, that he would draft a QB first in every single draft until he hit on the signature franchise QB. That's how important the position is. And in the Bears case, it warrants that type of seriousness.

Last edited:

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be one of the few, Stomp.
Not many Bears' fans are thrilled with the move (yet).

Plenty of Lions fans were shitting on Stafford when we took him over the can't miss Curry and and the athletic freak Jason Smith :lol:

Edit for the record i was in the Stafford camp, but i also liked the idea of trading the number 1 pick to Denver for Cutler

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like there was a bidding war to get up to pick 2 to grab Trubisky possibly 6 teams involved

any one have seen any of the rumblings on this yet?
Obviously at least 1 other team was driving up the price, probably CLE, then they stocked picks again when they missed out on him.
Rams fan here, so I understand/agree with the thought process of constantly trying to find the right QB. Price just seems steep for Trubisky.

On the Cam Newton comparison - a little bit of a different story there, as Cam was a HIGHLY sought after QB coming out of HS, landed at Florida initially, then proceeded to make every wrong decision the rest of his college career. And say what you want about their pro careers, but the QB lineage from Grossman to Leak to Tebow was fucking legit, and Newton was next in line. 1 stolen laptop and some cheating on school work, boom, later gator. 1 yr at some JUCO school or D3 school to dominate, driving up his dad's asking price to get Cam to play D1 again.
Newton's pre-draft grade had so much more to do with non-football stuff than it did his limited starting experience at the college level.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any one have seen any of the rumblings on this yet?
Obviously at least 1 other team was driving up the price, probably CLE, then they stocked picks again when they missed out on him.
Rams fan here, so I understand/agree with the thought process of constantly trying to find the right QB. Price just seems steep for Trubisky.

On the Cam Newton comparison - a little bit of a different story there, as Cam was a HIGHLY sought after QB coming out of HS, landed at Florida initially, then proceeded to make every wrong decision the rest of his college career. And say what you want about their pro careers, but the QB lineage from Grossman to Leak to Tebow was fucking legit, and Newton was next in line. 1 stolen laptop and some cheating on school work, boom, later gator. 1 yr at some JUCO school or D3 school to dominate, driving up his dad's asking price to get Cam to play D1 again.
Newton's pre-draft grade had so much more to do with non-football stuff than it did his limited starting experience at the college level.

It was on reddit earlier but the original post got deleted did find thid though

Source: Six teams discuss possible trade for 49ers' No. 2 pick

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Robinson, the tackle the Dinkeys should have taken.

Yes the dinkeys, they no longer warrant donkeys

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cam Robinson, the tackle the Dinkeys should have taken.

Yes the dinkeys, they no longer warrant donkeys
Seahawks took Cam Robinson, should be a boon to the run game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers must be planning to run a much different offense.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zay it ain't so! Nah, I like it fine enough. Would have preferred Lamp.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook a Viking. . bit of a shocker.. guess Lat Murray wasn't a great signing
Cook is cooked. He needed to go to a team that have a good OL and would use him right.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Treff your toast. This is why I won't make that trade with you.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. ..Cook in Minnesota, Mixon in Cincy.. my D2 RB's...Lat. murray and Jeremy Hill