• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooo it's different when verlander and fulmer get no run support

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a book, especially a large, heavy, scholarly one.
A tome is what iffy uses to keep bathroom door ajar. No one can stand that much stink

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dougplayer
a re-do:
""Doug, any comment on this? What do you see moving forward with these two players? Should Detroit make a real effort to deal Verlander this summer....even if it cost them big bucks? Some fans and media have suggested that. And Miggy????....a bad slump or just the beginning of the long slide downhill of old age? (He might be closer to 40 than we think...and maybe those 'roid rumors had some validity?)

Sorry, doug, if all of the above is a little over your head. Do your best to respond, or just skip it, if it is too hard for you.""

Did you miss this post, or was it, like I suggested, TOO HARD FOR YOU TO ANSWER? Or are you the...... Cowardly Lion (TIGER)

1200px-Cowardly_Lion.png

Last edited:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@There is A Moose at 3rd what got into your team? Didn't notice this great run they're on
They're hitting a lot better would be the simplest answer. I don't think that much fundamentally has changed though, it's still a 5-6 deep lineup with a blackhole at the bottom. Maybe Alex Gordon isn't completely useless now as he adjusts to his slower swing, that may or may not be a developing story.

Royals wRC+ by month:

April: 57 (wtf?)
May: 85
June: 104

Brandon Moss and Alcides Escobar aren't going to be part of a lineup that makes the playoffs. The rotation mostly lacks depth so it can't (or at least it shouldn't) be able to survive injuries without drawing guys like Strahm out of the bullpen. The farm isn't really capable of netting a big bat or pitcher without kicking the present in the nuts. At best they could get Matt Adams I guess; would rather try for relievers and hope for the best with Soler at DH at this point.

Bottom line is the Royals are going to need to get something out of Soler and Mondesi or this run is going to peter out at some point. If it lasts all the way to the ASB to where Duffy and Karns come back, then things could get interesting. Until then, I am not getting my hopes up for this team.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yikes... this has to be rock bottom for Detroit. Good golly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dougplayer
a re-do:
""Doug, any comment on this? What do you see moving forward with these two players? Should Detroit make a real effort to deal Verlander this summer....even if it cost them big bucks? Some fans and media have suggested that. And Miggy????....a bad slump or just the beginning of the long slide downhill of old age? (He might be closer to 40 than we think...and maybe those 'roid rumors had some validity?)

Sorry, doug, if all of the above is a little over your head. Do your best to respond, or just skip it, if it is too hard for you.""

Did you miss this post, or was it, like I suggested, TOO HARD FOR YOU TO ANSWER? Or are you the...... Cowardly Lion (TIGER)

1200px-Cowardly_Lion.png

Doug won't acknowledge that selling off Verlander, Miggy... etc... is the right move, because that involves conceding everything he's said about the team, admitting he is wrong and that the team is a failure.

He will instead, wait to see what happens and... A) If they sell, talk about how good the future looks for the team with the prospects they acquire. B) If they do not, ignore that the talks ever happened and keep convincing himself that they're going to make a run to win the division.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TIGERS = FAILURE = DOUG

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug won't acknowledge that selling off Verlander, Miggy... etc... is the right move, because that involves conceding everything he's said about the team, admitting he is wrong and that the team is a failure.

He will instead, wait to see what happens and... A) If they sell, talk about how good the future looks for the team with the prospects they acquire. B) If they do not, ignore that the talks ever happened and keep convincing himself that they're going to make a run to win the division.
It's a stupid move.

You aren't getting close to fair value with both of them being mediocre right now.

Zero sense in shopping either of them until they hit a hot streak.

Really asinine to promote trading them at the moment.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're hitting a lot better would be the simplest answer. I don't think that much fundamentally has changed though, it's still a 5-6 deep lineup with a blackhole at the bottom. Maybe Alex Gordon isn't completely useless now as he adjusts to his slower swing, that may or may not be a developing story.

Royals wRC+ by month:

April: 57 (wtf?)
May: 85
June: 104

Brandon Moss and Alcides Escobar aren't going to be part of a lineup that makes the playoffs. The rotation mostly lacks depth so it can't (or at least it shouldn't) be able to survive injuries without drawing guys like Strahm out of the bullpen. The farm isn't really capable of netting a big bat or pitcher without kicking the present in the nuts. At best they could get Matt Adams I guess; would rather try for relievers and hope for the best with Soler at DH at this point.

Bottom line is the Royals are going to need to get something out of Soler and Mondesi or this run is going to peter out at some point. If it lasts all the way to the ASB to where Duffy and Karns come back, then things could get interesting. Until then, I am not getting my hopes up for this team.
Royals are sellers.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a stupid move.

You aren't getting close to fair value with both of them being mediocre right now.

Zero sense in shopping either of them until they hit a hot streak.

Really asinine to promote trading them at the moment.

I didn't mean to imply it was the right move, but I could see where you got that. I could have worded the beginning of that post better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew kluber would show no heart. Cody Allen either. Sooooooo.dunday is sweep day. Common sense will tell you that. Every one knew kluber wouldn't get the Job done

Yep Kluber has no heart. Yet he went 7 innings, struck out 13 & didn't give up an ER. And it's funny how you are always talking shit about the Indians yet your team's in the ALc basement.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug will be absent for awhile, I assume.

I also assume that Brad Ausmus' days as Tiger manager are about over. Not that he is the main reason for the team's failure....but it is SOP to fire the manager in MLB when your team deteriorates. It placates short sighted and fair weather fans and makes the front office and ownership appear they are "on top" of things.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get the brooms out in Cleveland. Twins breaking one off in Indians. Sweeping them.
So....now. tell me. It's all over on June e 25. Tells us iffy. You dumb shit.
BAWWWWWHHAAASS