• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 AL CENTRAL DISCUSSION

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What publishing house are you going with?

So. Many. Words.

Douglas is a complex fellow. We cannot leave any stones unturned when it comes to the evaluation of his mind. We must fret over every detail.

We have never seen delusion on this level. It is not to be taken lightly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually bet on the god damn Tigers tonight.

Getting shutout by Luis Perdomo? For fuck's sake man... lol

Need to get to SD's bullpen this trip through the lineup.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douglas is a complex fellow. We cannot leave any stones unturned when it comes to the evaluation of his mind. We must fret over every detail.

We have never seen delusion on this level. It is not to be taken lightly.

I've seen delusion that's at least comparable on another board. Rivals had a guy named hawkit that would give doug a run for his money.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen delusion that's at least comparable on another board. Rivals had a guy named hawkit that would give doug a run for his money.

Yeah, every board has someone who is like Doug. It's just funny because this thread is always stickied up top of this forum, and I always know what I'm going to see when I click on it. Same thing for years...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ageless topics on the Central Thread:

1. What the fuck goes on in Doug's head? Is he a troll? A homer? Or something else?
2. Hart und Pashun
3. X Team's relationship with the World Series (It's Cleveland's turn lately)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line with the Royals though is while the offense is hot they can't realistically carry three horrible hitters forever.

Soler and Mondesi being contributors seems kind of like an inside straight, but I can't help but think the trading options are going to be limited to midlevel relievers for the Royals if they keep derping their way into being buyers which I can't say I am optimistic about.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks is legit. You guys have three MLB caliber catchers... we haven't had one in years. Which is funny, considering our last two catchers have been Flowers and Avila. Who may play against each other in the ASG. lol. When they were here, they stunk.

Let us try McCann out. Anything... our catcher situation has been depressing since AJ Pierzynski.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, every board has someone who is like Doug. It's just funny because this thread is always stickied up top of this forum, and I always know what I'm going to see when I click on it. Same thing for years...
Well, some of the worst trolls that used to inhabit the thread between the CBS days and now are gone, so it's pretty toned down compared to what it was. Jesus, I wouldn't want to see Quest this season on here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line with the Royals though is while the offense is hot they can't realistically carry three horrible hitters forever.

Soler and Mondesi being contributors seems kind of like an inside straight, but I can't help but think the trading options are going to be limited to midlevel relievers for the Royals if they keep derping their way into being buyers which I can't say I am optimistic about.

Didn't they pretty much say that they're ready to shop Hosmer around?

I'd say it's pretty obvious that they're selling. A little hot streak doesn't change that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they pretty much say that they're ready to shop Hosmer around?

I'd say it's pretty obvious that they're selling. A little hot streak doesn't change that.
Buster Olney has been on top of this since ST: The Royals are going to have to be down and out for the count before they sell. Given the sorry state the AL is in outside of 4 teams or so, that's not going to happen. April doesn't change that. I don't like it- but that is their schtick.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney has been on top of this since ST: The Royals are going to have to be down and out for the count before they sell. Given the sorry state the AL is in outside of 4 teams or so, that's not going to happen. April doesn't change that. I don't like it- but that is their schtick.
In the same vain- the Tigers were also supposed to be pretty quick to sell if things head south. If they keep losing at this rate they'll drop out soon

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm... "dropping out" could mean many different things. They're still alive to make a run at a playoff spot, but are they really "alive" to make a REAL post-season run? As in, win the AL? No, not really. There was definitely reports a couple of weeks ago about them shopping Hosmer... etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see how they could be sitting there and thinking "we can win this thing!". I think they're more than likely testing the waters on both fronts. Seeing what they could get for their bigger name vets, and maybe... also seeing what they could be looking at if they decided to buy.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, some of the worst trolls that used to inhabit the thread between the CBS days and now are gone, so it's pretty toned down compared to what it was. Jesus, I wouldn't want to see Quest this season on here.
Now just dim wits. Like iffy. Ohio homers.

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fulmer gives up 1 run. Bauer gives up 5 runs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... "dropping out" could mean many different things. They're still alive to make a run at a playoff spot, but are they really "alive" to make a REAL post-season run? As in, win the AL? No, not really. There was definitely reports a couple of weeks ago about them shopping Hosmer... etc...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see how they could be sitting there and thinking "we can win this thing!". I think they're more than likely testing the waters on both fronts. Seeing what they could get for their bigger name vets, and maybe... also seeing what they could be looking at if they decided to buy.
When has Dayton Moore ever NOT been delusional and an optimist? He's a bigger homer than anyone posting here (at least in his actions) outside of Doug. Just is the kind of GM that doesn't call it quits until his ship is already under. Probably not a useful trait for this season.

Last edited:

Erie Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,827.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think you'll get any Indians fan to stick up for Bauer. He is a very mediocre pitcher, who every once in a while has a great game. The rest of the time is completely average or below average.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians (39-33) are 8-2 in their last 10 games. The Tigers (32-41) are 2-8. And have lost 7 in a row.:yes:

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. Weak. Really, really weak.

7 loses in a row for Detroit. I don't think they can even SEE the corner to turn. :pound:

dougplayer

Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twins go for the sweep. Just saying