• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-2018 NBA Regular Season Thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...I've been dancing for 30 minutes...lol

Mecca Mojo claimed another victim.

I put their avatar up last week...lol

I am not to be fucked with.

Can you put the Cavs back up now?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 would be better for them IMO. Toronto is so scared of the Cavs. Not sure I would want to play Boston in round 2 since Kyrie & Smart would be back by then. Boston is also the top defensive team in the league

Yeah I can't decide who to fear more Raptors or Celtics. Most of the season, its been Celtics, but with all their injury issues, along with the way the Raptors have looked lately I think I've changed my mind. This Raptors team looks way different than previous versions, not cause DeRozan and Lowry, but the rest of the team. They're almost Spurs-esque the way the've been playing.

Plus, if Kyrie misses the 1st round, I wouldn't be shocked at all if the Bucks, Heat, or Wizards managed to upset them.

If I were one of those 3 teams I think I'd be hoping for the 7 spot.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you set foot on college campus you are not draft eligible for 2 years. 1 and dones would select the G league. College basketball could go back to having all legit student athletes and the G league would get some elite talent.

Agree. Once a player accepts a scholarship, it should be 2 years minimum. It would help both college basketball and the G-league. Better/more interesting talent for the G-league and players in college that actually are there for more than basketball, plus players sticking around and getting coached up.

Then the NBA reaps the ultimate benefit because they get players who are more prepared for the league.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing some other player's longest personal streak of scoring 10+ really puts into perspective Jordan and Lebron's streak of 866/867 games.

Curry: 74
Kyrie: 58
PG13: 55
AD: 52

Wade: 148
Melo: 222
Blake Griffin: 85

Wilt Chamberlain:219
Kobe: 211
Larry Bird: 210
Iverson: 237
Reggie Miller: 108

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that is fair.

The thing with women's basketball is that the gap between elite players and good players is much wider than it is with the men. Boys on average start younger and play more, so the talent pool is a lot deeper.

You get a few elite recruits together with an HOF coach and world domination is to be expected. Geno is tough on his players and he prepares them not just for the WNBA, but for life.

If my daughter were good enough I would want her to play at UCONN for sure.
But, that's my issue.

They all want to go to Uconn to stack the deck.

Nobody wants to compete.

There is no regional pride.

No wanting to go to your parents alma mater.

Just...well, Geno always wins. So, better to there.

I find it repugnant.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, that's my issue.

Nobody wants to compete.

I find it repugnant.

I see your point and to an extent, I agree.

Having said that though, elite players get offers from elite programs. If you are an elite player and the most elite program in the country wants you...unless you have some strong emotional tie to a certain program, why wouldn't want to go to the most elite program?

I agree with @tlance, if my daughter had been an elite basketball player and Geno Auriemma showed up with a scholarship offer...that's where I would advise her to go. Not necessarily because of all of the winning (although that does help lol) but because I know that she would be getting the best coaching available at that level.

Not to mention, when you have that many elite players on one team, that means you are facing the best possible competition every single day. Talk about keeping you at the top of your game. You are facing a constant threat to your position. That can only make you better.

As for not wanting to compete. Those girls are competing everyday against some of the most elite players in the country. They have to compete every day just to keep their spot. They could choose to go to a program where there is a virtual guarantee that they will never be challenged for their spot, but they choose UConn instead.

How is that not wanting to compete?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, that's my issue.

Nobody wants to compete.

I find it repugnant.

There are like 4 elite programs and a couple more that championship caliber runs from time to time. Why go to a lesser program with a lesser coach? The gap between the best team and the 10th best team is an ocean. 1 player isn't making that up.

Besides, UConn is on national TV at least once a week. How many other programs can say that? Things like that matter to high school recruits. It matters a lot.

Would you advise your daughter to go to say, USC instead of UCONN when UCONN clearly and obviously has more to offer? The only way I would advise against UCONN would be if PT were an issue.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are like 4 elite programs and a couple more that championship caliber runs from time to time. Why go to a lesser program with a lesser coach? The gap between the best team and the 10th best team is an ocean. 1 player isn't making that up.

Besides, UConn is on national TV at least once a week. How many other programs can say that? Things like that matter to high school recruits. It matters a lot.

Would you advise your daughter to go to say, USC instead of UCONN when UCONN clearly and obviously has more to offer? The only way I would advise against UCONN would be if PT were an issue.

As a competitor, i would choose notre dame. Great school who been a top 5 program for close to 10 years now

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Uconn has more to offer basketball wise.

Not every college athlete goes pro.

I would want my daughter to go to the best school, with the most financial aid....lol

With that being said, I have a deep seeded hatred for that school as I am Team Pat Summit.

* R.I.P *

My daughter would be dead to me if she went to Notre Dame * I'm a Navy Gal *, Usc or UConn.

Real talk.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point and to an extent, I agree.

Having said that though, elite players get offers from elite programs. If you are an elite player and the most elite program in the country wants you...unless you have some strong emotional tie to a certain program, why wouldn't want to go to the most elite program?

I agree with @tlance, if my daughter had been an elite basketball player and Geno Auriemma showed up with a scholarship offer...that's where I would advise her to go. Not necessarily because of all of the winning (although that does help lol) but because I know that she would be getting the best coaching available at that level.

Not to mention, when you have that many elite players on one team, that means you are facing the best possible competition every single day. Talk about keeping you at the top of your game. You are facing a constant threat to your position. That can only make you better.

As for not wanting to compete. Those girls are competing everyday against some of the most elite players in the country. They have to compete every day just to keep their spot. They could choose to go to a program where there is a virtual guarantee that they will never be challenged for their spot, but they choose UConn instead.

How is that not wanting to compete?
Dude, I get all of that and as a parent I should be better.

But, she would be dead to me if she went to UConn...lol

I wouldn't want her to go to Baylor or Michigan St either.

Uconn is the top school for women's College Basketball.

But, they are not the only option.

Fuck them.

The petty is strong with me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uconn has more to offer basketball wise.

Not every college athlete goes pro.

I would want my daughter to go to the best school, with the most financial aid....lol

With that being said, I have a deep seeded hatred for that school as I am Team Pat Summit.

* R.I.P *

My daughter would be dead to me if she went to Notre Dame * I'm a Navy Gal *, Usc or UConn.

Real talk.

Well, if UCONN is recruiting her, financial aid is not an issue.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2KVoVgG.gif

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah.

All HOF classes have legitimately great players in it. This one not all that great compared to others. Give me Duncan and Kobe + whoever over all 4 here. There are many better HOF classes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I get all of that and as a parent I should be better.

But, she would be dead to me if she went to UConn...lol

I wouldn't want her to go to Baylor or Michigan St either.

Uconn is the top school for women's College Basketball.

But, they are not the only option.

Fuck them.

The petty is strong with me.

I can understand that. I won't go so far as to say that my kids would be dead to me, but picking Notre Dame or UCLA would be pretty disappointing. lol

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that. I won't go so far as to say that my kids would be dead to me, but picking Notre Dame or UCLA would be pretty disappointing. lol

Yeah if your opinion of your kids actually changes that drastically based on what college sports team you like, you care about sports WAY too much