• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017-18 NJ Devils PLAYOFFS!!!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We gotta bury our chances.. that is what killed us... Zajac (before his goal) had a wide open chance three feet infront of the net in the first period I think and sailed it up over the net.... we cant let opportunities like that get away, that has to be at least a scoring shot, not a clear wiff from that close a range...

They just looked rusty and not playoff ready... when down 3-0 and got one goal, they really started settling in and taking it to TB, but then when that 4 goal made it 4-2, you could tell it just killed them... they never recovered... its like they battled all the way back just to come within a goal to have it just wiped away... it was over on that 4th goal... I expect some changes in game 2.... or this will be a short series... They have to play like its playoff hockey... You cant take stupid unnecessary penalties 5 seconds into a period when we are down 2-0 Wood.... this isn't regular season.... I think they will bounce back.. but they got to play better...

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wood also got away with a high stick early in the game. He has to play smarter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets go boys... it wasn't a devastating loss or feel, just one team clearly outplayed you. Rise and step up now, you played hard to play games 83+ so don't back out now....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like how Hynes pulled Woods but I don't think he should be scratch. We need his fight, size and speed to go after TB. Drop him to Boyle and move Grabner(fucker, giving you a chance!) to Zacha and Maroon.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah the team just seemed super slow and you could tell the layoff really effected them. so then my question is why the hell did everyone get a rest day in washington when there was still much to be played for. whats done is done but that still pisses me off.

the first period was a joke lovejoy is horrible. how can you let that pass get through the middle for the second goal? come on man it was 20 seconds left! the devils battled back i give them credit but then the defense lets up again.

rp right the devils did have their chances they didn't score on. the first period early hall had a streaking nico going to the cage on a small 2on1 nico had the step but hall puts it on net instead. then zacha had a lay up goal but falls down on the cross crease pass. zajac in the 2nd all alone in front misses the net. hall hits the pipe right before he scores. they will get their chances they just really can't afford to miss on all of them its that simple.

the tampa pk looked absolutely horrible. when was the last time you saw the devils get 5 shots on a powerplay? devils have to keep the legs moving and force tampa to take some penalties. if the flyers can win game 2 last night after that brutal game 1 with elliot in net then there is no reason why the devils can't win this game today. i will be extremely disappointed in the team effort if they lay an egg today

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah the team just seemed super slow and you could tell the layoff really effected them. so then my question is why the hell did everyone get a rest day in washington when there was still much to be played for. whats done is done but that still pisses me off.

the first period was a joke lovejoy is horrible. how can you let that pass get through the middle for the second goal? come on man it was 20 seconds left! the devils battled back i give them credit but then the defense lets up again.

rp right the devils did have their chances they didn't score on. the first period early hall had a streaking nico going to the cage on a small 2on1 nico had the step but hall puts it on net instead. then zacha had a lay up goal but falls down on the cross crease pass. zajac in the 2nd all alone in front misses the net. hall hits the pipe right before he scores. they will get their chances they just really can't afford to miss on all of them its that simple.

the tampa pk looked absolutely horrible. when was the last time you saw the devils get 5 shots on a powerplay? devils have to keep the legs moving and force tampa to take some penalties. if the flyers can win game 2 last night after that brutal game 1 with elliot in net then there is no reason why the devils can't win this game today. i will be extremely disappointed in the team effort if they lay an egg today

Agreed... LETS GO DEVILS... THE TIME IS NOW!!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got to win this!!!!

lets go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 line needs to wake up and attempt to takeover! Hall, Nico n Pal... lets see what you can do!(assuming that's still the #1 line, pending warmups)

Defense, get ur fucking sh*t together!

Kinkaid, we need some big saves here buddy, move your legs...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils need to get the fuck off their heels and pick it up. Lucky their not dow 3. Gotta play more aggressive get the damn puck out of their zone and put more shots on goal :gaah:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene can fuck off!!!! the guy is becoming closer to a 10 ton piece of lead than someone who's helping!

NICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that was huge! he's attacking much more

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get out of the first tied. Would like to see the devils attack a little more. Bring some pressure in the O zone get more pucks on net

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bolts still freaking flying but not as high as yesterday.....

I just can't fathom how slow our D is reacting.

would've been nice Kinkaid to make that save but i'll won't attack

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to get out of the first tied. Would like to see the devils attack a little more. Bring some pressure in the O zone get more pucks on net
The dry spells are there... we need to keep it up, TB is far from a complete titan out there...

Even the chances like Hall got on that breakaway, we need to turn those to goals... it's a lot harder for us to win this series(apparently) than it is for the Bolts... got to work it to earn it

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greene can fuck off!!!! the guy is becoming closer to a 10 ton piece of lead than someone who's helping!

NICOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

that was huge! he's attacking much more
Hoping that goal gets Nico going. He's looking solid on both ends so far. Would like to see some adjustments too much time chasing in their end. Not enough time attacking imo. Like the counter punch. But would like to see a little more sustained pressure on offense

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure I like not keeping a forward, don't want to run Hall to the ground...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dry spells are there... we need to keep it up, TB is far from a complete titan out there...

Even the chances like Hall got on that breakaway, we need to turn those to goals... it's a lot harder for us to win this series(apparently) than it is for the Bolts... got to work it to earn it
Agree the puck was bouncing on the Hall breakaway. But we need the Devils to bury those

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping that goal gets Nico going. He's looking solid on both ends so far. Would like to see some adjustments too much time chasing in their end. Not enough time attacking imo. Like the counter punch. But would like to see a little more sustained pressure on offense
Nico is much more assertive, I hope he continues to be a little more proactive/selfish in his way...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico is much more assertive, I hope he continues to be a little more proactive/selfish in his way...
Agree he is a dynamic play maker moving the puck. And capable of the stick handling highlight reel goals. Not sure where some of the scouts knocked his shot. Nico has a smooth release and that shot was a laser. Would like to see him pull the trigger more tbh. Hoping they come out sketing a little harder and sustaining a little more pressure in the 2nd tho