• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2017-18 NJ Devils PLAYOFFS!!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daedstfwsaabtlfjpg-large-1523020382-5417.jpg

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stamkos a bit banged up, should help. I'm not saying injure the guy but wouldn't mind letting Wood/Maroon rough him up early on and give him hesitation.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playoff Hockey emphasizes on your strengths and expose your weaknesses... As far as weaknesses, I do expect our defense to show plenty of cracks as they have throughout the season. Honestly, Lovejoy needs to sit until both Severson or Mueller show they can't truly handle it. Butcher should be included. Mirco killed it for his opportunity and sent Ben to the bench.

I hope this is where Maroon and Grabner starts paying off. Maroon I'm sure, Grabner needs to step up. In his would be 4th role I'm anticipating, I hope he can!

Maybe, just maybe, as Nasty pointed out, with Stamkos not 100%(still a beast I'm sure), we may have an opportunity there too bad though we don't have any real rough guy defensemen.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get TB is going to roll out firepower after firepower but we can do this! Capitalize on the counters, Hall, Pal, Zajac need to show up every shift in every game.

Nico, Zacha, Butcher cannot falter to pressure(not that they are). FYI, I think TB will go hard at Nico, just a hunch.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get TB is going to roll out firepower after firepower but we can do this! Capitalize on the counters, Hall, Pal, Zajac need to show up every shift in every game.

Nico, Zacha, Butcher cannot falter to pressure(not that they are). FYI, I think TB will go hard at Nico, just a hunch.

That's exactly it, keep the pressure on them and let them make mistakes. Keep the pedal to the floor, it's our only chance. Hopefully Mojo returns and we can roll 4 lines that all provide a legitimate scoring threat.

Kinkaid needs to be lights out. Our D doesn't need to be great, they just need to not be a liability. Don't cough the puck up, don't pull yourself out of position.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly it, keep the pressure on them and let them make mistakes. Keep the pedal to the floor, it's our only chance. Hopefully Mojo returns and we can roll 4 lines that all provide a legitimate scoring threat.

Kinkaid needs to be lights out. Our D doesn't need to be great, they just need to not be a liability. Don't cough the puck up, don't pull yourself out of position.
Kinkaid goes without saying. Goaltending is a big cog in any teams championship race. We'll need Kinkaid to not give into the pressure or the spotlight that playoff hockey brings. Stay focus and get better after every shot.

What's the word with Mojo?

Do we have a specific roster for playoffs? I know like baseball you need to "Reset" for playoffs but idk if same for hockey.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Washington DC for the last week, got back today... Got to go see the Devils play the Caps last Saturday. MY FIRST LIVE DEVIL GAME... had a blast. was on vacation and didn't even realize till about 2 hours before the game that they were there in DC playing... so you bet I went... even though we lost, I loved the game... my first PRO hockey and first devils game... We played okay seeing how we sat Hall and Palmarie... and of course started Cory which pretty much sealed our doom... I understand the resting, and caps didn't rest anyone since they were trying OH so hard to get Ovechiny to 50 goals... glad we stopped him from getting it but man were they feeding him trying....

I didn't care, I had a blast and cant wait till the playoffs... I see no one is giving us a shot at winning against Tampa, but I think we will be okay if we play OUR hockey... cant wait. How did we do against the Bolts in regular season?

GO DEVILS

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was in Washington DC for the last week, got back today... Got to go see the Devils play the Caps last Saturday. MY FIRST LIVE DEVIL GAME... had a blast. was on vacation and didn't even realize till about 2 hours before the game that they were there in DC playing... so you bet I went... even though we lost, I loved the game... my first PRO hockey and first devils game... We played okay seeing how we sat Hall and Palmarie... and of course started Cory which pretty much sealed our doom... I understand the resting, and caps didn't rest anyone since they were trying OH so hard to get Ovechiny to 50 goals... glad we stopped him from getting it but man were they feeding him trying....

I didn't care, I had a blast and cant wait till the playoffs... I see no one is giving us a shot at winning against Tampa, but I think we will be okay if we play OUR hockey... cant wait. How did we do against the Bolts in regular season?

GO DEVILS
We were 3-0 vs TB this season..... :2cents:

But awesome, what a way to go to your first Devils game! I could only imagine the look on your face too! Of course it be a game where Hall sits but hey, its for the greater good. Rest up our MVP, no freak spills, and let him loose to wreak havoc vs TB!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

GO DEVILS

lol your first game and they sit all their stars but hey at least you had a blast thats all that matters and the game was close until middle of the third.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
grabner will absolutely pay off this series. ray hasn't made a bad trade yet since coming here i have full confidence that grabner will pay off and this is a series where we will need him to. a dangerous pp like tampa? throw grabner out there and let him fly and it will force tampa to tweak their pp a little bit knowing hes out there? if he can get a breakaway a game that would be huuuuuuuuuuuge.

the bolts on paper are the way better team but something about them screams caps. like i dont think they have a lot of grit and play soft. a little push back and i dont know how they will handle it or react. vladiskov or however you spell the goalie name hasn't looked the same early in the season and i think benefits from their great defense if the devils can score on the chances they get will be huge. tampa has all the pressure so get a lead early on them and keep skating. if the devils get the first game? i think they then take the first two and finish them off in 5. yeah i'm going bold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

game 1 devils win a surprise "blow out" 4-1
game 2 bolts turn it on and take 2 two goal leads devils tie it and win it in overtime 4-3
game 3 the bolts cruise 5-1 and wreck the party atmosphere and the devils come back to earth
game 4 devils win 2-1 kinkaid is a beast
game 5 devils cruise 3-1 after going up 3-0 bolts score in the third to make it interesting.

also pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase if your pinned into the zone for long stretches please just ice the puck and regroup don't try and chip it out to avoid the icing just get it out and reset

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope our speed is truly speed and their defense can't catch us.... thats where we need to exert our assumed advantage!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grabner will absolutely pay off this series. ray hasn't made a bad trade yet since coming here i have full confidence that grabner will pay off and this is a series where we will need him to. a dangerous pp like tampa? throw grabner out there and let him fly and it will force tampa to tweak their pp a little bit knowing hes out there? if he can get a breakaway a game that would be huuuuuuuuuuuge.

the bolts on paper are the way better team but something about them screams caps. like i dont think they have a lot of grit and play soft. a little push back and i dont know how they will handle it or react. vladiskov or however you spell the goalie name hasn't looked the same early in the season and i think benefits from their great defense if the devils can score on the chances they get will be huge. tampa has all the pressure so get a lead early on them and keep skating. if the devils get the first game? i think they then take the first two and finish them off in 5. yeah i'm going bold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

game 1 devils win a surprise "blow out" 4-1
game 2 bolts turn it on and take 2 two goal leads devils tie it and win it in overtime 4-3
game 3 the bolts cruise 5-1 and wreck the party atmosphere and the devils come back to earth
game 4 devils win 2-1 kinkaid is a beast
game 5 devils cruise 3-1 after going up 3-0 bolts score in the third to make it interesting.

also pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase if your pinned into the zone for long stretches please just ice the puck and regroup don't try and chip it out to avoid the icing just get it out and reset
YES
YES YES!

ICE THE MOTHER FUCKING PUCK! lol.... i can't accept anymore(we're playoffs now) blind passes in the middle... no more!

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol your first game and they sit all their stars but hey at least you had a blast thats all that matters and the game was close until middle of the third.

The fact that we came back from 3-1 agains the Caps just showed me I would not really be too worried about them in the playoffs... we had 3 of our stars out and they only beat us mid to late in the third... and that is with a goalie that hasn't won in 2018 yet.... We have all our starters in like they did, it would be a totally different game... Nico looked great, even scored... Wood had a goal as well... we had chances, just missed at the end... Plus 4 out of the last 6 minutes, Caps were on a PP, so that kinda hurt as well..

On to the Bolts and playoff history.... I hope we take it too them in game 1... cant wait till Thursday....

GO DEVILS

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-cards="hidden" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Best odds of winning the East:<br>1. <a href="#Lightning hashtag on Twitter">#Lightning</a> - 20.9%<br>2. <a href="#Bruins hashtag on Twitter">#Bruins</a> - 20.6%<br>3. <a href="#Capitals hashtag on Twitter">#Capitals</a> - 13.0%<br>4. <a href="#MapleLeafs hashtag on Twitter">#MapleLeafs</a> - 12.8%<br>5. <a href="#Penguins hashtag on Twitter">#Penguins</a> - 9.8%<br>6. <a href="#BlueJackets hashtag on Twitter">#BlueJackets</a> 9.3%<br>7. <a href="News about #Flyers on Twitter">#Flyers</a> - 7.3%<br>8. <a href="#Devils hashtag on Twitter">#Devils</a> - 6.5%<a href="https://t.co/yYbbZhBSiQ">https://t.co/yYbbZhBSiQ</a></p>&mdash; Hockey Reference (@hockey_ref) <a href="">April 10, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^Your NJDvsEverybody moment of the day.

Anyway, this series could be really interesting. It would be huge to take game 1. If you think about it, the Devils have been playing playoff games for the last month at the very least, whereas Tampa's spot in the playoffs was virtually secured a while ago. A great start to the series will be key. Going down 0-2 is bad in any series but this one in particular would be tragic. If Tampa comes out flying the first two games, it'll be a short series. If the Devils steal one in Tampa early, advantage Devils.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it. Two nights away and it cannot come soon enough!

LGD!!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that game 1 is a must take in any situation IMO. Put your opponent on their back off the bat.