• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017-18 Bundesliga

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot chatter about Leipzig too I heard too this morning. Looks like Forsberg and Keita are sulking since they haven't been transferred and maybe that has contributed to their subpar play. Werner was wearing earplugs yesterday, then tossed them and bailed soon after. Noise and environment got the best of him. There will be a lot of noise in Russia next summer so he better get used to it.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot chatter about Leipzig too I heard too this morning. Looks like Forsberg and Keita are sulking since they haven't been transferred and maybe that has contributed to their subpar play. Werner was wearing earplugs yesterday, then tossed them and bailed soon after. Noise and environment got the best of him. There will be a lot of noise in Russia next summer so he better get used to it.
I agree. I know from numerous accounts by players over the years that playing teams in Turkey is one of the most if not the most intimidating atmosphere's in the world. But, if you can play in those types of environments, you have no business playing at the highest level IMO.

The thing is, it's only going to make opposing fans get louder and raucous when he's on the pitch in the future.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do. I am quarter Polish so I support him at Bayern too. He and Neuer are the only two they can't lose and one is gone is physically right now and the other mentally maybe (got his mind on Spain).
I'd say they cannot lose Kimmich or Thiago either, with Hummels also being key.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say they cannot lose Kimmich or Thiago either, with Hummels also being key.

Kimmich was one the few who played pretty well yesterday. Said he made life difficult for Neymar most of the time. Key word is most of the time...never can be all the time with Neymar. He is still young and needs more seasoning to be the next Lahm. He is a keeper for sure.

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to unload some of the dead weight in the lineup either at transfer time or in the summer. The signings of Tolisso and James were Ancelotti and neither has been consistent. Tolisso has been invisible since Game 1. All the old deadweight needs to go too.
Funny thing is, earlier in the summer, people were choking with Arsenal supporter about always being put out by Bayern, and that Bayern would come in 3rd in their group, drop to the Europa, and put Arsenal out agin in the knockout stage. Was some funny banter...now doesn't seem so far fetched, though they "should" still at least get 2nd in the group, but if they can't finish above Anderlecht and Celtic, they should drop down.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuchel, Nagelsmann and Klopp (long shot), all being mentioned as replacements for Ancelotti.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Klopp was locked down at Liverpool? Or is it a tenuous lockdown?
I believe his deal is long term until 2021 or 2022. I don't think Klopp would be able to deal with Karl.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When reading some of the rumors of the clubhouse atmosphere, it almost sounds like Ancelotti wanted out and didn't mind yesterday's result.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When reading some of the rumors of the clubhouse atmosphere, it almost sounds like Ancelotti wanted out and didn't mind yesterday's result.

Maybe but also his laissez faire style was letting things get out of control in the clubhouse. The plug had to pulled before it too late and complete control of the team was lost. Pep was much more disciplinarian. There is a good article on the ESPN Bayern page summarizing this. Also, they talk maybe be an end of an era for Bayern (in UCL) as financially they don't want or can't compete with the real big boys in UCL going forward plus the golden era beginning in 2009 is half gone now. Hummels yesterday said a team needs to spend for goals where Robben had the opposite opinion. Maybe only 4 or so teams now where finances are unlimited and Bayern isn't one of them. We'll see. The 50+1 rule in Germany hinders investors and if they don't change German teams will be in the 2nd tier just below the Manchesters, Madrid, Barcelona, PSGs of the world.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Klopp was locked down at Liverpool? Or is it a tenuous lockdown?

Klopp is safe for another year I heard. But he is responsible for allowing that horrendous defense to exist and not addressing that in the offseason. Saturday's game with Leicester was amazing. When it went 3-1 he was jumping up and down with joy, and a minute later Vardy is taking a penalty shot to tie it lol. I couldn't help laughing myself.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but also his laissez faire style was letting things get out of control in the clubhouse. The plug had to pulled before it too late and complete control of the team was lost. Pep was much more disciplinarian. There is a good article on the ESPN Bayern page summarizing this. Also, they talk maybe be an end of an era for Bayern (in UCL) as financially they don't want or can't compete with the real big boys in UCL going forward plus the golden era beginning in 2009 is half gone now. Hummels yesterday said a team needs to spend for goals where Robben had the opposite opinion. Maybe only 4 or so teams now where finances are unlimited and Bayern isn't one of them. We'll see. The 50+1 rule in Germany hinders investors and if they don't change German teams will be in the 2nd tier just below the Manchesters, Madrid, Barcelona, PSGs of the world.
I hate to think Bayern wouldn't be grouped with the teams you mentioned at the end of your post. I can foresee that being absolutely possible sooner than not if they do hold firm and not spend like KHR and Uli said recently, and they sound pretty serious about Bayern not reaching the spending levels of a handful of teams. At the same time, I wholeheartedly disagree with the Neymar fee and it's utterly ridiculous cost. I sincerely hope that transfer was a one-off and not indicative of what is coming. I hope it doesn't open the floodgates for exponential spending like Major League Baseball has seen of late, for example, where you have a pitcher making $30MM, essentially $1MM per start assuming a whole season is played and he stars every 5th game.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klopp is safe for another year I heard. But he is responsible for allowing that horrendous defense to exist and not addressing that in the offseason. Saturday's game with Leicester was amazing. When it went 3-1 he was jumping up and down with joy, and a minute later Vardy is taking a penalty shot to tie it lol. I couldn't help laughing myself.
I wonder if Bayern, speaking of today's overspending, can get a refund for Tolisso and reallocate those funds!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Bayern, speaking of today's overspending, can get a refund for Tolisso and reallocate those funds!

I hope so. Well driving home from work all the talk was Bayern on XM soccer channel. They had a guest on the soccer channel who covers Bundesliga. Topics covered:

1) Let the poaching season begin. Sanchez and Draxler at the Transfer window. Goretzka and Werner next summer. All targets. Uli Hoeness is more the driving force behind the change.
2) Bayern has tons of money and no debt. So they can spend...just not their typical way of doing things.
3) Hoffenheim coach is the target next summer to take over.
4) Muller was an enemy too. Muller wasn't leaving before Ancelotti. The whole Bavarian factor played in and he has a long rope to get back his form. Maybe that is more Hoeness thoughts than Muller.
5) Ribery and Robben could be sacrificial lambs.
6) Also mentioned the lineup was Ancelotti's parting shot.

P.S. I agree on Tolisso. Looks like a bust so far.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to think Bayern wouldn't be grouped with the teams you mentioned at the end of your post. I can foresee that being absolutely possible sooner than not if they do hold firm and not spend like KHR and Uli said recently, and they sound pretty serious about Bayern not reaching the spending levels of a handful of teams. At the same time, I wholeheartedly disagree with the Neymar fee and it's utterly ridiculous cost. I sincerely hope that transfer was a one-off and not indicative of what is coming. I hope it doesn't open the floodgates for exponential spending like Major League Baseball has seen of late, for example, where you have a pitcher making $30MM, essentially $1MM per start assuming a whole season is played and he stars every 5th game.

I heard yesterday transfer fees could go upwards to $500 million for a Messi type. Crazy.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. Well driving home from work all the talk was Bayern on XM soccer channel. They had a guest on the soccer channel who covers Bundesliga. Topics covered:

1) Let the poaching season begin. Sanchez and Draxler at the Transfer window. Goretzka and Werner next summer. All targets. Uli Hoeness is more the driving force behind the change.
2) Bayern has tons of money and no debt. So they can spend...just not their typical way of doing things.
3) Hoffenheim coach is the target next summer to take over.
4) Muller was an enemy too. Muller wasn't leaving before Ancelotti. The whole Bavarian factor played in and he has a long rope to get back his form. Maybe that is more Hoeness thoughts than Muller.
5) Ribery and Robben could be sacrificial lambs.
6) Also mentioned the lineup was Ancelotti's parting shot.

P.S. I agree on Tolisso. Looks like a bust so far.

If it's only on XM then how is it I have the soccer channel on my Sirius radio?