• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Training Camp

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pads go on this afternoon! Football is here (almost)!

Some early buzz from over the weekend: Apparently Gavin Escobar has impressed some people returning from tearing his Achilles so quickly. He was a full participant on day 1 of camp when many expected not to see him on the field for a while longer.

Will Gavin Escobar Finally Pay Off On The Field?

Last edited:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it was a great day for the DBs yesterday, especially Mo. Not really a surprise from Mo- he usually always has a good first few days. Hopefully it continues. Some rough things I read - starting DLine- Jack Crawford, T. McClain, Russell, Irvin. With that being said, supposedly Zeke had a tough time finding running room. Finally Romo - sounded like he had a bad, rusty day, not to mention he is having some back stiffness

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that being said, supposedly Zeke had a tough time finding running room.

Based on the write up, it sounded like Thornton had a nice practice - was giving Frederick trouble. I think Thornton is going to be one of those under the radar pickups that pays huge dividends. Not so much because Thornton is a world beater - he's not - but because he is such a massive upgrade over Nick Hayden. Our run defense was terrible last year, among the worst in the league, and having a guy like Thornton is really going to help out big time. Terrell McClain should help there too.

Also, my sleeper pick to be a contributor this year is Charles Tapper. I really like what he brings to the table.

I'm excited for Maliek Collins to get healed up so we can see what he can do.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the write up, it sounded like Thornton had a nice practice - was giving Frederick trouble. I think Thornton is going to be one of those under the radar pickups that pays huge dividends. Not so much because Thornton is a world beater - he's not - but because he is such a massive upgrade over Nick Hayden. Our run defense was terrible last year, among the worst in the league, and having a guy like Thornton is really going to help out big time. Terrell McClain should help there too.

Also, my sleeper pick to be a contributor this year is Charles Tapper. I really like what he brings to the table.

I'm excited for Maliek Collins to get healed up so we can see what he can do.
Agree on Thornton. My issue with our off season moves was never about the guys we brought it. It was more about the fact that we only brought those "role players" in when we needed a little more impact (especially after finding out we were going to take Elliot and not defense at #4. I think Thornton will be a nice run stopper in the middle and agree he should be a huge upgrade over Hayden. And Mayowa made more sense after seeing the suspension issues.

Not sure it's a "sleeper" but my pick to "breakout" this year is Mo Claiborne. Yup, took Hatcher a couple of years of me picking him until he did it and i am hoping for the same from Mo. Still think he can help a defense if healthy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if tapper and Irving get to the qb at a decent rate. Tapper college tape shows he had the strenght and speed to succeed in the NFL. Irving another guy that looked good last season. Linebacker once a strength is no longer. I can be gloom and doom,but I happen to like what we have at DL compared to a few years ago. The 1tech has also been upgraded in a major way. I hope these young players snap a few ankles in the backfield this season

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just imagine, what if Mo Claiborne finally develops into the player he was supposed to be? That would be an absolute godsend! We're about due for some good luck.

Now if only Jaylon Smith's leg would come around....

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going that far. Draft position goes out the window for me after year 1. But I'm thinking solid NFL #2 corner and maybe even a few big plays. Think he can make a nice combo with Scandrick which could also take some pressure off of Carr. I think Carr cannot cover the quicker receivers because he just can't keep up with them when they run across the field and needs to use his size and be on the bigger slower guys to do well. And I think Jones in the deep middle helps make them all better because they know someone could be behind them to help them out. Put Church in the box on early downs and find someone else to play the nickel. Heck, Carr did well when he filled in that year for a few weeks and that was when we played more cover two than we do today

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys backup quarterback likely out for season after suffering gruesome injury
Is it time to call Johnny Manziel?

Nick Foles is probably going to want to keep his cell phone close to him over the next 24 hours, because the Dallas Cowboys could be in the market for a quarterback.

The Cowboys' depth at quarterback took a hit on Tuesday after backup Kellen Mooresuffered a broken right ankle during practice. According to Jerry Jones, Moore was injured after a teammate rolled up on the back of Moore's right leg. Moore was carted away from the field after suffering the injury.

The broken ankle likely means that Moore will miss the entire 2016 season.

The injury to Moore means that the Cowboys now have a pressing need for a No. 2 quarterback, which is an important position in Dallas, something that Cowboys fans learned last season after Tony Romo missed 12 games due to injury.

Although Jones recently said that the team has no interest in signing Foles, you have to think he'll at least send out a feeler to the former Rams quarterback. We recently ranked all the viable landing spots for Foles and the Cowboys came in at No. 1, and that was before Moore's injury.

Foles is one of the few viable free agents out there, unless the Cowboys want to sign Michael Vick or Matt Flynn.

Of course, they could always call Johnny Manziel, who mentioned over the weekendthat he'd like to play for Dallas.

On the other hand, the Cowboys could stick with the guys on their roster. The team has two other quarterbacks in rookie Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers, who signed as an undrafted free agent in 2015.

So much for seeing what Kellen could do as the backup this year, stinks for him. He likely would have gotten an opportunity at some point, as we all know.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tuff luck for Moore...Foles would do well behind a good line and running game
Feel sorry for Moore, but he was not the answer. Jerry will now have to upgrade.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys backup quarterback likely out for season after suffering gruesome injury
Is it time to call Johnny Manziel?

Nick Foles is probably going to want to keep his cell phone close to him over the next 24 hours, because the Dallas Cowboys could be in the market for a quarterback.

The Cowboys' depth at quarterback took a hit on Tuesday after backup Kellen Mooresuffered a broken right ankle during practice. According to Jerry Jones, Moore was injured after a teammate rolled up on the back of Moore's right leg. Moore was carted away from the field after suffering the injury.

The broken ankle likely means that Moore will miss the entire 2016 season.

The injury to Moore means that the Cowboys now have a pressing need for a No. 2 quarterback, which is an important position in Dallas, something that Cowboys fans learned last season after Tony Romo missed 12 games due to injury.

Although Jones recently said that the team has no interest in signing Foles, you have to think he'll at least send out a feeler to the former Rams quarterback. We recently ranked all the viable landing spots for Foles and the Cowboys came in at No. 1, and that was before Moore's injury.

Foles is one of the few viable free agents out there, unless the Cowboys want to sign Michael Vick or Matt Flynn.

Of course, they could always call Johnny Manziel, who mentioned over the weekendthat he'd like to play for Dallas.

On the other hand, the Cowboys could stick with the guys on their roster. The team has two other quarterbacks in rookie Dak Prescott and Jameill Showers, who signed as an undrafted free agent in 2015.

So much for seeing what Kellen could do as the backup this year, stinks for him. He likely would have gotten an opportunity at some point, as we all know.
Why does the stupid media keep bringing up JM? I am so sick of it.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just adding to the discussion. Media keeps bringing up JM to the Cowboys because they have a history of late to sign high risk players, but doubt you guys sign that head case. Foles is the obvious choice cuz u cant have the rook in the two spot when Romo goes down. Hed be eaten alive.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know why the media brings up JFF, eyeballs. But what good would it do to bring in a guy out of shape and suspended to backup Romo?

Idiot writers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel sorry for Moore, but he was not the answer. Jerry will now have to upgrade.
this is too bad. Seemed like a great kid.

I don't think he was the answer either, but my issue wasn't that I thought Prescott or Showers would be better than him THIS YEAR. My issue was that I thought we should have brought someone else in case Romo goes down. So even though I wasn't a big fan, this could be a tough injury for us. Now we have to hope one of the kids steps up or bring someone in. I'm all for Foles.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When Romo goes down"
that's the story for the redskin ass wipe fans

somebody take this guy out back

"if"

Somebody hand this overly sensitive butt-hurt-feeling-cooter-scratching-drama-dripping-douchbag a GD tissue for Christ sakes.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"When Romo goes down"

"if"

Somebody hand this overly sensitive butt-hurt-feeling-cooter-scratching-drama-dripping-douchbag a GD tissue for Christ sakes.
Sometimes IF is a very keyword when making a statement, but we know you are counting on a Romo injury troll.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes IF is a very keyword when making a statement, but we know you are counting on a Romo injury troll.
I don't believe we need it to be honest.