• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 - Soul 12 Draft Comment Thread

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be online for about another 15 minutes and then will be driving home from work. If my pick isn't up by the time I leave I will send DC a proxy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be at the gym for a while. I'll pick shortly after my return.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it feels to me like people have forgotten some common draft etiquette today.

1. If you know your pick is coming up shortly, and you need to go somewhere for a while, and you can, leave a proxy. Especially if you just had a previous pick, so your research is mostly done. If for some reason you CAN'T leave a proxy, let us know in the comments thread when we can expect you to be back and make your pick.

2. If you're on the clock, or you are coming up soon, and you need to take up a significant chunk of your allotted time to think over your pick, let the rest of us know in the comments thread so we have some idea what's going on.

This league has always had a long window for picking. But if everybody took their full window to make a pick, the draft could never work. Every league member has always been expected to do their part, and to act with common courtesy, to keep the draft running smoothly and quickly. I'd be shocked if that changed since I stopped being commish.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it feels to me like people have forgotten some common draft etiquette today.

1. If you know your pick is coming up shortly, and you need to go somewhere for a while, and you can, leave a proxy. Especially if you just had a previous pick, so your research is mostly done. If for some reason you CAN'T leave a proxy, let us know when we can expect you to be back and make your pick.

2. If you're on the clock, or you are coming up soon, and you need to take up a significant chunk of your allotted time to think over your pick, let the rest of us know in the comments thread so we have some idea what's going on.

This league has always had a long window for picking. But if everybody took their full window to make a pick, the draft could never work. Every league member has always been expected to do their part, and to act with common courtesy, to keep the draft running smoothly and quickly. I'd be shocked if that changed since I stopped being commish.

Amen! Draft flow is good. The flow of this draft is important to keep it fun. Don't neex to rush but need to be consistent and do better then what we have today.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies guys. Had triple meetings, all back to back. Just got a new position at my job and it's kinda crazy right now. I should have had a list ready for DC. Won't happen again

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My apologies guys. Had triple meetings, all back to back. Just got a new position at my job and it's kinda crazy right now. I should have had a list ready for DC. Won't happen again

you've been one of our best members since this league was founded. I hope you didn't take my post as personally directed toward you. it just seemed the entire league should be reminded today that what was happening today was not what was expected during the draft

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i listed Jaylen Samuels as a TE, because that's what ourlads lists him as.

really, he lines up all over the place and scores a lot of TDs. His real position is not TE, it's TG - Touchdown Generator.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, can we get a commissioner's ruling on this one, please. Q is challenging that he should not get PPR because he's listed at FB. but i maintain that samuels is clearly listed primarily as a TE, on his own page at ourlads, on their roster, and he is listed at TE on the depth chart that Q gave.

Please make a ruling

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i withdraw.

I could've swore we made a rule against slash players. But that rule is not being reflected on the page.

when did we make that change?

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the rules page.

* Player Position Eligibility: Position(s) listed at Ourlads depth charts. If players listed in multiple spots on depth chart, they get multiple position eligibility.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the rules page.

Yeah i missed that. I don't recall us ever making that.

I do recall us making a rule against the slash players that has now disappeared.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could i get a link to that rules page - i haven't seen it

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes,

JB worked on the rules last year and basically Q and myself and JB went through them and nobody else really objected so that is what we ruled with above.

So for this year, that rule stays. If it is an issue we can talk about it in offseason.

Also, after camp I doubt Samuels will be listed at both FB and TE. (well maybe in his situation he might be but he won't start at both)... Via the roster page he is a TE, via the depth chart he would qualify for RB or TE. If at RB he doesn't get his catches if at TE he does.

It's hard to work around H-Backs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i missed that. I don't recall us ever making that.

I do recall us making a rule against the slash players that has now disappeared.

Nothing has "disappeared" I know we talked about slash players, but looks like nothing was set into the rule to eliminate them or make them one position. We already got rid of the TE position (for the most part in this league) there are just gonna be some thing that come up in fantasy that others have the same advantage.

The thing is by Q's rule if we use the depth chart some WR could be a #1 WR on his team and be used as the #3 WR on the depth chart and get like 5 carries all year and not be able to be used at WR? It's just something that is hard to resolve. After two years away form it, it was nice. Now it comes up again. Not sure what else to do, but for now we have to go with what we have on the rules to be fair to Skins.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing has "disappeared" I know we talked about slash players, but looks like nothing was set into the rule to eliminate them or make them one position. We already got rid of the TE position (for the most part in this league) there are just gonna be some thing that come up in fantasy that others have the same advantage.

The thing is by Q's rule if we use the depth chart some WR could be a #1 WR on his team and be used as the #3 WR on the depth chart and get like 5 carries all year and not be able to be used at WR? It's just something that is hard to resolve. After two years away form it, it was nice. Now it comes up again. Not sure what else to do, but for now we have to go with what we have on the rules to be fair to Skins.

WR3 is still a WR.

I thought when we did this last time we had a clear role for the slash players having to be treated like RBs if that was where they were listed. That somehow hit the cutting room floor. Which is cool. I just don't know when or why it happened.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC mistyped

he meant to say that a #1 WR could also be listed as a #3 RB and get five carries,

but by your rule he would be ineligible for the WR position