• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 - Soul 12 Draft Comment Thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember making a ruling on that... Maybe JB does, but I know we looked the rules over two years ago, make the tweaks (draft order, WR/TE position instead of just "TE") and no rule change has taken place in 2015 or 2016 sooooooooo, we can discuss it in off-season again, but it had to be challenged before now. Not really a "commish" ruling to change on the fly for this season.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not saying we should change it now.

I was confused because I thought we already had a rule dealing with slash players. And not the one that is on the page now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember it being talked about. Just hard to justify there was a change after these rules posted have been sitting there like this for 2 years.

If we want to discuss it more in off-season we can do that.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll tell you right now i want to discuss bringing TE back as a designated roster spot over the offseason.

i meant to do that this offseason but forgot until it was too late

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rule we have is correct agreed upon rule as this was added two years ago when we decided to use ourlads as the official position eligibility site. I think we just figured at ourlads they would list players at one position on the depth chart and not two.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Samuels is listed at just one position on the depth chart once depth charts are released after the spring. He can't start at two positions and those are usually accurate. Of course they could list him as starting FB and backup TE, but we will see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll tell you right now i want to discuss bringing TE back as a designated roster spot over the offseason.

i meant to do that this offseason but forgot until it was too late

Yeah I think it is worth discussing a bit more this off-season. Just seems like everyone vanishes offseason and we don't have enough of the league with input other then a bout 3 or 4 of us. I haven't really brought up the TE spot because it has been nice not having the headache, but I know a lot of people would like to see it come back in some form other then what it is now which is a flex WR/TE.... We can discuss this later in the offseason. I just hope we can have some input from more people.

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
perhaps during the month between the regular season and the bowls, while everyone is still paying attention, we can all get together and discuss rule changes for the following season.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the easy solution for next year on player position eligibility would be if a player is listed twice on a depth chart. Once as a starter, once as a backup that the starting position on the depth chart is his position eligibility. He shouldn't be listed as a starter at both once the season starts, and if he is... Lucky you!

Ottermatic

You Otter Pay Attention
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the easy solution for next year on player position eligibility would be if a player is listed twice on a depth chart. Once as a starter, once as a backup that the starting position on the depth chart is his position eligibility. He shouldn't be listed as a starter at both once the season starts, and if he is... Lucky you!

there's another, common sense, solution that arises from the fact that Ourlads depth charts do not exist in a vacuum.

Samuels is a good example. He's listed at least three times on the ourlads site:

1. The Depth Chart, here, 2016 North Carolina St Wolfpack Football Depth Chart | Ourlads.com , where he is listed as starter at both TE and FB,

2. The Roster, here, 2016 North Carolina St Wolfpack Football Roster | Ourlads.com , where he is listed as TE only, and

3. His personal profile page, here, Jaylen Samuels | North Carolina St Wolfpack | Scouting Report , where he is listed at TE only.

If you look at the Depth Chart page in isolation, as Q was, then it is easy to be confused. Is he a TE who is also being asked to play FB when they use FB sets, or is it vice versa? but if you look at the ourlads site as a whole, it's obvious that he's a TE first and foremost.

I would say looking at the player's personal profile page on the website should be the next determiner if he is listed at multiple positions on the depth chart.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you've been one of our best members since this league was founded. I hope you didn't take my post as personally directed toward you. it just seemed the entire league should be reminded today that what was happening today was not what was expected during the draft

No worries SD. I should have known better re: today. I knew I had a shit ton of meetings and the possibility of my turn coming while I was in those meetings was there.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of those rules, the link to the scoring spreadsheet is dead. I made new one:

Soul 12 Scoring

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Ourlads/depth charts. It's fluid on there too. I believe they make changes throughout the year, so like fantasy baseball and basketball, your player can gain eligibility.

there's another, common sense, solution that arises from the fact that Ourlads depth charts do not exist in a vacuum.

Samuels is a good example. He's listed at least three times on the ourlads site:

1. The Depth Chart, here, 2016 North Carolina St Wolfpack Football Depth Chart | Ourlads.com , where he is listed as starter at both TE and FB,

2. The Roster, here, 2016 North Carolina St Wolfpack Football Roster | Ourlads.com , where he is listed as TE only, and

3. His personal profile page, here, Jaylen Samuels | North Carolina St Wolfpack | Scouting Report , where he is listed at TE only.

If you look at the Depth Chart page in isolation, as Q was, then it is easy to be confused. Is he a TE who is also being asked to play FB when they use FB sets, or is it vice versa? but if you look at the ourlads site as a whole, it's obvious that he's a TE first and foremost.

I would say looking at the player's personal profile page on the website should be the next determiner if he is listed at multiple positions on the depth chart.

We tried this common sense route with Jace Amaro.....it doesn't work with Q :)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE: Ourlads/depth charts. It's fluid on there too. I believe they make changes throughout the year, so like fantasy baseball and basketball, your player can gain eligibility.

We tried this common sense route with Jace Amaro.....it doesn't work with Q :)

Jace Amaro was listed as WR on Tech's official depth chart. With backups at his position being like 5'8 and 5'9.

So common sense....he was clearly a WR.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time since I took a Texas player. I think the last one was Vondrell McGee, but I loved what I saw in Chris Warren late in the year last year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long time since I took a Texas player. I think the last one was Vondrell McGee, but I loved what I saw in Chris Warren late in the year last year.

I found it really hard to place Warren.

The talent is obviously there, but with Foreman there....idk how many carries he can get. This could easily be Jonathan Gray/Malcomb Brown part 2.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but through my scouting eyes last year in watching Warren he was worth rolling the dice on here. I loved what I saw. Could be nothing fantasy wise, but I want to take that shot.