• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"the tennessee visit was great. It went beyond expectations. I really enjoyed myself, and so did my family. I just had a really good time…it was crazy, 102,000 people just screaming, going crazy. Every third down, the whole stadium goes upside down."

they are really depleted at tackle, and they don’t really have any type of depth at all at tackle. It’s another opportunity to compete for a spot.

Marcus Tatum - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Speed
Possesses excellent overall size at this stage. Tall prospect with adequate bulk and a frame that can continue to be developed. Flashes very good playing strength with room to continue to improve as he further physically develops. When healthy possesses above average speed for size.

Separation Skills/Big Play Ability
With combination of size and speed can threaten the seam. Needs to work on release when challenged as well as further develop to be a stronger route runner. Flashes ability to use size to shield defenders, but needs to continue to learn to use his size and strength more to his advantage. Big and can be physical, but not a real elusive runner after the catch.

Ball Skills
Displays solid hands and flashes ability to extend and snag passes over his head. Demonstrates adequate body control to adjust to passes off target. Can let the ball get into his frame at times and can continue to strength pass catching skills. Displays good concentration to catch ball in traffic.

Blocking
With size, strength and willingness to give effort and be physical, displays good upside in this area. Needs to refine placement, but when he gets hands on and drives his knees, has the strength to push defenders off the ball. Does need to watch pad level as he can play high and get stalemated, but will work to stay with blocks with enough size to wall-off defenders.

Bottom Line
Brooks is a prospect that has played on both sides of the ball and could receive interest as a DE, though his best fit at this time looks to be on offense. Prospect that brings some very good tools, but has unfortunately battled injuries. Missed his junior year with an injury and suffered an injury again in the spring that will impact senior season. If healthy he has ability as a college TE to be a good receiving target and potentially strong blocker. With a hopefully healthy return can develop into a productive if not very good college player.

Underclassman Eval
STRENGTHS: Brooks has the raw physical attributes to be a contributor on either the defensive or offensive side of the ball. Shows good hands in traffic and has solid blocking skills. He is an effort type of player that does not shy away from contact and he has the tools to develop into a solid player in the trenches. Displays range and foot speed as a TE or DE. ...
AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Needs to refine his route running and pass catching skills. Will benefit from adding bulk to his frame, which will in turn aid in his progression as a blocker. ...
BOTTOM LINE: Brooks is raw and inexperienced but his athleticism and versatility will help in his development as a player offensively or defensively.
-ESPN Scouting Report

Devante Brooks - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OVERALL TRAITS
Size-Strength-Speed
Towering, lean defender. Tall, long-framed prospect with just marginal bulk at this stage and will need to work to further fill out his lengthy and lean frame. While needs to add size, does display good wiry strength which should improve as he continues to physically develop. Inconsistent, but flashes good initial quickness.

Versus the Run
For a taller defender demonstrates ability to fire out low and maintain a solid %u2018football position%u2019 and when he does displays better fight at the point of attack then long, lean build might suggest. Does a good job of shooting is hands and using length and with enough upper body strength to keep blockers off his frame. While he will battle, still needs to develop and with light build and linear lower half lacks ideal anchor and can give ground at times, especially when he doesn't win with quickness and leverage. Can also at times tend to hop out of his stance and needs to continue to improve footwork. Displays adequate lateral agility to squeeze.

Pass Rush Skills
Length is an asset, but needs to continue to develop the use of his weapons and can struggle to counter when blockers get their hands on him. Flashes ability to attack half-man and tries to work a tight path, but long defender that lacks great bend. Needs to improve size and strength and doesn't yet transfer speed to power well and generate great push. With length can disrupt passing lanes when he gets hands up.

Toughness/Motor
Needs to continue to fill out, but will battle and while not a punishing presence does look to show good toughness and fight. Can continue to sharpen angles, but good range to cover a lot of ground quickly and has ability to be factor in pursuit. A solid wrap-up tackler, though can attack high and struggle to finish.

Bottom Line
Okonya is more of a developmental prospect at this stage, but does display some good upside at the position. We feel he will need and benefit from a red-shirt to continue to develop physically and technically but in some time can grow into a good, productive Power-5 DE.

Underclassman Eval
STRENGTHS: Okonya is a tall, long-framed defender who uses his length to disrupt passing lanes from multiple alignments in the front seven. Will work to get to plays on the perimeter and shows good straight-line attack speed and the range to cover a lot of ground quickly. Displays the physical tools to develop as a pass rusher. Has long arms which help him shed blocks and stay clean. Shows he can overpower blockers in order to get to the QB as well. ... AREAS OF IMPROVEMENT: Needs to become a more consistent wrap up and drive through tackler and refine overall fundamentals. Plays high at times and with some tightness. ...
BOTTOM LINE: Okonya is a tweener OLB/DE with a lot of upside. Once he adds bulk/strength to his frame, he could be a very productive anchoring end for a defense.

-ESPN Scouting Report

Chidi Okonya - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is gearing up for its final official visit weekend of the season and there should be a good number of visitors in for that weekend and most, if not all, of the official visitors will be junior college prospects.

As of now, this is who we are expecting in on an official visit that weekend:

Jeff George
Alexis Johnson
DJ Henderson
Jordan Bonner
Jonathan Kongbo
Stephan Robsinson

While, that's subject to change, that's what we're hearing as of late this week. Some may be wondering why JaMarcus King's name isn't on there and that's due to his grade situation from what we understand.

Remember, both Auburn and Florida backed off from him earlier in the process and Tennessee seems to be the latest to do that.
- Hubbs

JaMarcus King - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we've mentioned on the General's Quarters the last week and in the Midweek Recruiting Wrap, we feel like Tennessee has made a huge surge with Landon Dickerson these last few weeks. Now, it will be about surviving the next several.

He has official visits set up for Auburn on Nov. 28, Alabama Dec. 6 and Georgia in January. But, as of now, it's hard not to like where Tennessee has positioned itself with the possibility of him visiting once more in January.
-Hubbs

Landon Dickerson - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I've been conversing with Tennessee but they made it official when I decommitted from Florida State," Thomas said. "It's nice up there and their defense plays pretty good and pretty tough. That's the kind of defense I like. I just want to see what it's like," Thomas said. "I feel pretty comfortable around them already even though I've not been up there yet," Thomas offered.

"It's getting better. A lot of schools are communicating with me more," Thomas said. "Arkansas, South Carolina, Miami, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Auburn. Those are who I'm really talking to."

The only official visit Thomas has taken so far has been to see Auburn in late October. "I went to Auburn when they played Ole Miss," Thomas said. "It was nice. Everything was alright. Atmosphere was good."

With Thomas being an early enrollee his window for making a decision is rapidly closing. He plans to wrap things up sometime in December and as of now his trip to Rocky Top is his only one planned because his Miami Central team is continuing to make a run in the playoffs. "I just have Tennessee set for right now," Thomas said. "I'm probably going to decide what school I'm going to in mid or late December. Definitely some time in December." "It's about me feeling at home, just finding a second home," Thomas said. "I just want to feel comfortable."
-VQ

Keir Thomas - Yahoo! Sports