• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't know too much, really. I just like it because it's in the SEC," King explained. "I plan on visiting there but I don't have the exact date. I just like the program and things I've been hearing about the program has me interested."

"They (Tennessee) told me they need an instant impact corner," he said. "He (Coach Martinez) seems like a cool coach and someone that will have me work hard and push me," King said. "Recruiting is going pretty good. I got offers from Louisville and Tennessee since I decommitted and that has me up around 23 offers." "I know I'll take official visits to Florida and Tennessee for a fact," King said. "I watched that whole (UT vs UGA) game. It was a good game and they came out and played hard," King said.
-VQ

JaMarcus King - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee has offered junior college defensive lineman Jordan Bonner. Should be talking to him this afternoon for a full story.

Just talked to him. He's a three-for-three guy. Is a little raw, but said at 220 he's run a 4.48. Interesting prospect if he can add some weight because he comes off the ball very quick.

He only played one year of HS football after being a basketball guy before then. Redshirted last year and will get out this spring. Full story coming up later today.
-Fortenberry
Jordan Bonner - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“My dad liked the game, because he’s a football fanatic,” said Callaway, who also has attended games at South Carolina and Georgia so far this season. “But I think my mom liked it just as much as he did. They just liked being out there and watching the game.”

He said his parents remain high on the Vols, primarily because of coach Butch Jones’ staff.

“That’s probably the biggest thing (they like), is the coaches,” Callaway said. “They talk to pretty much all the coaches that have talked to me — Coach Jones, (wide receivers) coach (Zach) Azzanni and (defensive coordinator John) Jancek.”

In addition to Tennessee’s comeback against Georgia, Callaway said the sellout crowd of 102,455 caught his attention.

“Their fans probably enjoyed it more than players did, to be honest, especially when they were cheering for the comeback,” he said. “A lot of them could have left, but they stayed and supported them, and that probably helped Tennessee more.”
Marquez Callaway - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the facilities were great,” diesch said on tuesday afternoon. “the game atmosphere was crazy, of course. I really liked the players and the coaching staff there too.”

vols head coach butch jones made sure to let diesch know he was a priority for the team.

“he said he really wants me there in knoxville.”

diesch admits that both tennessee and texas a&m are standing out to him at the moment and he will likely make an official visit to aggieland soon. He also says there are several reasons he is high on the aggies.

Kellen Diesch - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Tennessee continues to pursue high school defensive linemen, there certainly seems to be a greater emphasis on junior college defensive linemen. We've been saying in the War Room for several weeks that we expected more to come and that looks to be the case.

The Vols offered Arizona Western Community College defensive lineman Jonathan Kongbo earlier this week and the native African has started to pick up some major interest of late with his play. He had a five-sack performance several weeks ago and followed that up with a two-sack game just a few weeks later. Ole Miss and Auburn are involved with the defensive lineman as well.
-Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying on the offensive side of the ball, one name we haven't mentioned in a while is Landon Dickerson. And while it seemed the Vols had faded there for a while it looks like they may be back in on him. Dickerson told us this week he plans to be in Knoxville for an unofficial visit when South Carolina visits Knoxville.
- Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I am trying to get up to see Georgia, Tennessee and Missouri. I am also trying to go and see Ohio State. Those are the schools that I am really looking to go and see. There really aren't any other schools that I am considering besides those schools (and LSU) for official visits."

Shavar Manuel - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lorida offensive lineman Marcus Tatum told our Florida site this morning that he will be officially visiting Tennessee the weekend of the South Carolina game. That is turning into a very important weekend.

Pat Bethel is expected in as well. Landon Dickerson will be here on an unofficial. I still think more names will be added.
- Fortenberry

Marcus Tatum - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee is scheduled to host several visitors during the South Carolina weekend and that includes Florida defensive lineman Pat Bethel. The Miami legacy has told us that he's very interested in the Vols and continues to build a relationship with John Jancek and Steve Stripling.
- Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Bonner, the defensive end out of Northeast Oklahoma Community College continues to a top defensive line target for the Vols but others may be joining the race soon as Nebraska, Texas Tech and others have been checking on him recently.

Tennessee's trio of junior college commitments could visit the first two home games of the month, but the likely landing spot is for the Vanderbilt game.
- Hubbs

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jordan-Bonner-185789

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finished his last junior college game of the year with eight tackles, 4 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks. He had an interception as well and a fumble recovery.

He's scheduled to visit Tennessee for the Vanderbilt game.
- Fortenberry

Alexis Johnson - Yahoo! Sports