• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Vanderbilt game, Tennessee defensive line commitment D'Andre Christmas-Giles has scheduled his official visit to Knoxville for that weekend. He told us he's still considering an official visit to Texas at this time but isn't sure of a date.
- Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee three junior college commitments, DJ Henderson, Jeff George and Alexis Johnson are all expected in that weekend. Junior college defensive ends Jordan Bonner and Jonathan Kongbo and junior college defensive back JaMarcus King are all likely visitors that weekend as well.
- Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, speaking of versatile offensive weapons, Tennessee continues to make Alabama wide receiver Velus Jones a top priority. The speedy wideout has been talking to Tennessee a good amount from what we understand as his commitment to Southern Cal seems soft at best at this time.

One team to keep an eye out for when it comes to Jones is Alabama. Tide wide receiver coach Billy Napier is expected at his game this Friday night and depending on his performance an offer could soon follow.
- Hubbs

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A lot," Tatum answered when asked if the Vols helped their cause this weekend. "They really helped themselves with my mom. She really likes them now."

"It was fun. It was a great family atmosphere. I really liked the game and I really enjoyed myself. The best part was just the coaches," Tatum said. "And then I had the same host as last time and she was really nice and I liked being with her and it was cool being with the players. It was an all around good experience. "The biggest takeaway was the family experience here. There's a home feeling around here."

Tatum said Florida was the team to beat entering the weekend but exiting he said he's not ready to compare the two programs and schools.

"Now, I haven't really thought about where they are and all that stuff, I'm just worried about my high school," Tatum said. "I haven't really even thought it out. I'm just trying to get through the playoffs and enjoy the last part of my high school season because it's win or go home now and that's all I want to think about. "That's the thing, I'm just going to worry about that later."
- VQ

Marcus Tatum - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even in Mississippi, Jeffery Simmons kept hearing all about the game-day atmosphere for University of Tennessee football.

Rather than simply continue to get second-hand information, the 6-foot-4, 275-pound Rivals.com four-star and top-five player nationally at the defensive end position opted to gather his own experiences.

"Just the game environment; they have a great game environment," the Macon, Miss., product said. "The people at Tennessee, especially when it comes to the recruitment process, I'm going to make my choice on the people I'm going to be around and I feel like Tennessee has some great people.

"People always say Tennessee is a great school and great game environment and I had a chance to see it myself and it's pretty good."

It was Simmons' first official visit anywhere, and he said Alabama, Auburn and the two in-state SEC schools --- Ole Miss and Mississippi State --- are among those vying for future official visits.

Even with that, however, the massive Simmons said he informed the Vols' coaches that he planned a return trip.

"Yes sir, I did tell Coach after I do take my other officials I want to come back and see (Tennessee again) before I finalize everything," said Simmons, adding he expects his choice to be a national signing day decision.

Hosted by injured Vols rookie Quarte' Sapp, Simmons said he fit in well with Sapp and other Tennessee players, including some defensive linemen such as Derek Barnett. He also praised the way Tennessee gave in-depth information on the visit and also noted the Vols' propensity to play freshmen; they're among the nation's leaders with 40 combined in the past two years.

"I feel like that they (the Vols) are up in the recruitment. Haven't made a top; have no favorites. There's a reason why I took this official, to see what they've got to offer," said Simmons, who will play in both the Alabama-Mississippi and U.S. Army All-American bowl games. "It helped a lot because Tennessee broke down a lot of things, especially during the tour. I feel like it's going to help a lot. …

"He (Sapp) did tell me that they don't show any favoritism so if you come in and work your butt off, you can play. You're going to be able to (get on) the field."

While Simmons, who indicated schools recruiting him like his size and burst off the edge, is seeking the right environment and people, he also isn't remotely intimidated by trying to immediately compete for playing time.

"Even though I'm probably going to have guys in front of me, I'm not scared of competition," he said. "So when I come in I'm just going to work my tail off and try to get on the field."
- John Brice

Jeffery Simmons - Yahoo! Sports