• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Recruiting Class

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Abbotsford, B.C. wide receiver Chase Claypool wasn't the only Canadian prospect at the camp on Saturday but he may have been the most impressive looking prospect out there. His recruitment has moved along steadily, taking visits to Rutgers and Notre Dame recently. Claypool seemed surprised by how much he liked his visit to Rutgers. The tradition at Notre Dame really caught his eye. Claypool also visited Michigan a few weeks ago and called it, along with Notre Dame, one of his top visits. Oregon, Washington and Tennessee are also big parts of his recruitment. Tennessee is a newer school for Claypool and he likes how the Volunteers have done well with wide receivers. Look for Claypool to take some official visits early in the season and announce an official short list around the same time
-Rivals

Chase Claypool - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee: “I really, really, really, really like (offensive line) coach (Don) Mahoney, and I like the way the coaching staff went about the offer. They made sure that it wasn’t just an offer when everybody else offered. They went through the whole process, made sure (head) coach (Butch) Jones saw my highlights and all that. That was also nice.”

He said Mahoney has told him that Tennessee “needs tackles,” but that’s not the only thing about Mahoney that has caught Tatum's attention.

“(I like) just his humble way of recruiting,” Tatum said. “it’s nothing like selling out other schools or throwing other schools under the bus. He’s just boosting up Tennessee, just talking about how he can help me and develop me as an offensive lineman — and not only put me in a good job situation, but also, if I really wanted to, he could help me with my technique and try to get me to the nfl.”

Marcus Tatum - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U5TnV5B.jpg

Donte' Vaughn - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm definitely going to Tennessee on July 25"

"Tennessee is in a pretty good spot to make my top eight," he said. "They'll probably be in there. Coach Mahoney is pretty relentless recruiting me. He stays on me everyday. He's probably the most persistent guy recruiting me. The people I talk to say their facilities are top notch and that it's a pretty special place. I think I owe them the right to visit down there. "
-Rivals

Terrance Davis - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR Javon McKinley has six schools standing out - Pac-12 Blog - ESPN

Ohio State will have McKinley on campus in late September, Tennessee, and Notre Dame -- for its game against USC -- will host the receiver in October, and Oregon will get its chance in November.

McKinley confirmed that those are his top six programs, but that he hadn’t yet thought about which program will receive his fifth official visit.

While McKinley has visited several of his finalists, the first time he sees Ohio State and Tennessee will be during his official visits.

“With the schools I haven’t visited, what has to click is do I like how I interact with the players and coaches, and then the whole environment,” McKinley said. “Can I see myself there for four years?”

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Swain is nothing if not consistent. The four-star wide receiver's top four schools have remained in place since he announced them. There has been no shuffling or waffling. He also has stayed constant in his refusal to name a single frontrunner of the bunch.

On Sunday, he stuck to his guns once again.

Tennessee, Alabama, Miami and USC lead Freddie Swain's recruitment.
"I've got my top four and they're all showing the same love," Swain said. "It's just Tennessee, USC, Miami and Alabama. There isn't one standing out or anything."

A standout at Citra (Fla.) North Marion High School, Swain says he's unlikely to make many unofficial visits this summer. Instead, he's looking ahead to the officials he'll schedule this fall. Those trips will fall into place quite nicely, it seems.

"I'm taking one to Miami," Swain said. "I think I'm taking one to USC. I want to say Tennessee, and then I'll just pick two other ones."

Swain also plans to tour LSU as part of a Baton Rouge-based 7-on-7 event in which his team will partake. Other than that, though, his plans are succinct. In fact, a decision date is already being kicked around.

Nothing is set in stone, but Oct. 30 seems like it may bring with it the end of Swain's recruitment.

"I'm going to try to do it on TV when we play Hoover [Ala.} on ESPN. That's when I want to do it," Swain said.
-Rob Cassidy

Freddie Swain - Yahoo! Sports

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"With the spread offense that Tennessee, Auburn and South Carolina run, they really compliment him," Kyle's father, Ron Davis, told AL.com Wednesday during The Opening in Oregon. "It's always good to go into something that you know. I just don't see UGA being one that would actually develop him as well as some of the other schools would.

"I know Georgia is giving him a lot of hype about what they're doing... but Kyle needs to go to a school that best enhances his skill and somewhere that can prepare him for the next level."
-Rivals

Kyle Davis - Yahoo! Sports