• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NHL trade Thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third year in a row Lee Stempniak has been traded on Trade Deadline day - He was having a nice season for the Devils as well.

/Just part of the business, but it's still tough on the family.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey
McKenzie: "I can only tell you this: Absolutely, 100 percent, Dallas wanted Kris Russell more than Danny Hamhuis."

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Third year in a row Lee Stempniak has been traded on Trade Deadline day - He was having a nice season for the Devils as well.

/Just part of the business, but it's still tough on the family.

Heard this morning ... 3goals 6 points in 28 career playoff games
Why bother? :noidea:

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Nichols @NicholsOnHockey
McKenzie: "I can only tell you this: Absolutely, 100 percent, Dallas wanted Kris Russell more than Danny Hamhuis."

Heard he might do double duty as a rodeo clown for stars summer marketing

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers had an awesome February. I think they finally found their legs.
Though, rumor swirling around that Nash may be done for the year :(

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So like, maybe try to get a bunch more draft picks somehow?
If only there was a way...

remember ... he said he didnt want picks ... he wanted to make a hockey trade

but then yesterday, he was suddenly one who "treasured" draft picks

but then it doesnt matter because ...

sounds strange ???

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck even Kris Russell (who is way worse than Dan Hamhuis according to the cesspool) got a conditional 2nd round pick (plus a roster player and prospect).

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Benning reminds me of Jay Feaster in that regard (just way too forthcoming with the info). Gillis was a lot better at keeping things quiet.

yep way too much info sharing by benning ... no filter ... and Linden is just as bad ... telling fans at "town halls" who theyve shopped around and cant trade :L

alot of people thought Gilly was standoffish with media but i liked it ... i especially liked this

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moj wouldn't rock the boat or stand up in a canoe
And he also wouldn't take a phone call from jstew

/This post brought to you by the West Coast Auto Group.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shane Price for a fucking 3rd round pick? Are you kidding me Garth? You couldn't get PAP for that you stupid fuck!?!?!?!

Looks like he'll start next to JT tonight.

No room for him on the team, eh Cameron? Fuckwit.

I hope Prince plays well for you guys; good player, IMO, who has had his confidence trashed by a BAD coach.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moj wouldn't rock the boat or stand up in a canoe
And he also wouldn't take a phone call from jstew

/This post brought to you by the West Coast Auto Group.

IT'S A MOJ FACT!

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman's thoughts:

So, what happened? The Chicago deal fell apart last week when there wasn’t a quick resolution. The Blackhawks were annoyed and disappointed, they wanted Hamhuis. On Monday, the Canucks realistically were down to one team: Dallas. Jim Benning was in a brutal position and Jim Nill knew it. The Dallas GM could slow play and grind. The ownership dislike between the two clubs added to the inferno, but I do think a deal could get done as long as the Canucks came out looking good. Since we know the return was “similar” to what Calgary got for Kris Russell, that should have been enough.

There were two things that helped close it for the Flames. First, as Benning mentioned, Dallas preferred Russell. Second, Calgary GM Brad Treliving was not going to wait until the last second. He’s said in the past he prefers to gather information, but make a decision a couple hours early so nothing goes wrong. Calgary was ready. Vancouver wasn’t. That’s probably the biggest lesson the Canucks need to recognize, from ownership down. When you are in such a tight spot, you’ve got to make a fast decision. Get the best you can or say, “We’re not getting fleeced.” Don’t leave yourself hanging.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman's thoughts:

So, what happened? The Chicago deal fell apart last week when there wasn’t a quick resolution. The Blackhawks were annoyed and disappointed, they wanted Hamhuis. On Monday, the Canucks realistically were down to one team: Dallas. Jim Benning was in a brutal position and Jim Nill knew it. The Dallas GM could slow play and grind. The ownership dislike between the two clubs added to the inferno, but I do think a deal could get done as long as the Canucks came out looking good. Since we know the return was “similar” to what Calgary got for Kris Russell, that should have been enough.

There were two things that helped close it for the Flames. First, as Benning mentioned, Dallas preferred Russell. Second, Calgary GM Brad Treliving was not going to wait until the last second. He’s said in the past he prefers to gather information, but make a decision a couple hours early so nothing goes wrong. Calgary was ready. Vancouver wasn’t. That’s probably the biggest lesson the Canucks need to recognize, from ownership down. When you are in such a tight spot, you’ve got to make a fast decision. Get the best you can or say, “We’re not getting fleeced.” Don’t leave yourself hanging.
So the old adage shit or get off the pot doesn't really apply here then

Puck082

LGI
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he'll start next to JT tonight.

No room for him on the team, eh Cameron? Fuckwit.

I hope Prince plays well for you guys; good player, IMO, who has had his confidence trashed by a BAD coach.

He looked a little shell shocked out there but I think he could work out. My issue with the Isles forwards is they tend to be extremely soft. Bailey, Strome, Nielsen.....It looks like Prince is that type of finesse player who's not going to win many battles in the dirty areas. Time will tell though.

It was clear Garth didn't want to give up too much for some forward help. Maybe once the new owner takes over next year and has majority ownership, the wallet will loosen. Until then.....

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked a little shell shocked out there but I think he could work out. My issue with the Isles forwards is they tend to be extremely soft. Bailey, Strome, Nielsen.....It looks like Prince is that type of finesse player who's not going to win many battles in the dirty areas. Time will tell though.

It was clear Garth didn't want to give up too much for some forward help. Maybe once the new owner takes over next year and has majority ownership, the wallet will loosen. Until then.....

Is/was money the problem? You can get "glue" guys cheap also.