• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl Sat.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You learn a lot of interesting things from players that have nothing to do with football sometimes.

One of my favorite players from last years class Alex Carter, CB, Stanford (Lions rd 3)
I was always a big fan of his dad's growing up Tom Carter (CB, Redskins,Bears, Bengals)

Didn't know his daughter (Alex's sister) died as a teenager as a Type 1 diabetic. Until I asked him a question that he answered in reference to it.
Getting old, man!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always enjoy the question "What is the one part of your game that you think is the weakest and what are you doing to try and fix it?"

At least to me how they answer that shows whether they have really taken the time to evaluate themselves and if they are actually doing anything to fix what is weakest in their game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that out past Divide? Pretty cool wolf preserve there. I know some of the time when deer are scraped off the road, they are delivered there.

If so, the next time you go there, stop by my place - you would drive right by me going there from Kansas. (Or not if you took Hwy 24 from Limon through COS to Divide)

No she actually lives in the heart of Denver. The city has actually tried to get her to stop as they have escaped a few times and nothing quite like a wolf running around Denver to freak people out. The one she has right now is the biggest she has ever had and first thing it did when she brought it home was jump the 10 foot fence in the back yard go into the neighbors house through their dog door and completely scare the crap out of the neighbor lady who walked into her kitchen to find a wolf hunting for food.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always enjoy the question "What is the one part of your game that you think is the weakest and what are you doing to try and fix it?"

At least to me how they answer that shows whether they have really taken the time to evaluate themselves and if they are actually doing anything to fix what is weakest in their game.

I use to ask that question a lot and then players always downplayed it. Haven't asked it much this year, but I will add it to a few of them just to see how they respond. I sorta forgot about it this year. Thanks!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another question you used to ask sometimes - but maybe not - was who was the best players they played against this year? I would think that might give you a little extra scouting boost if the same player is mentioned multiple times by several interviewees.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use to ask that question a lot and then players always downplayed it. Haven't asked it much this year, but I will add it to a few of them just to see how they respond. I sorta forgot about it this year. Thanks!

Yeah I can see them being that way. I guess to me as a coach I would appreciate a player that is willing to ask the tough questions about themselves and their game and then show that they know how to work to fix it or at least get the right people around them that know how to help in that area.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think another question you used to ask sometimes - but maybe not - was who was the best players they played against this year? I would think that might give you a little extra scouting boost if the same player is mentioned multiple times by several interviewees.

I always throw that one in there from time to time. Actually funny you said that, because I just got off the phone with Marshall WR Davonte Allen who I used that question with for the first time this season.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well essentially a friend of my dad's is known as the wolf woman of Colorado. For a while now it has been a "cool" thing to get an actual pure bread wolf as a pet. They are incredibly cute as puppies but most people don't realize how big those things get. So they then abandon them and when that happens they usually call this lady and she ends up adopting a few of them. The problem is though they can be very aggressive animals even when raised in captivity. So one day I was at their place and took off running and next thing I know this wolf jumps me from behind, grabs me by the arm with his teeth, and begins dragging me around the backyard flinging me every which way. So I was screaming, my dad was screaming, and finally I got a few hits in and the thing let go.
I can definitely see that happening. I`ve always had a love for wolves and have had the pleasure of coming across a few that were part wolves but extremely big and most of all extremely beautiful. Always wanted one but most of the time when I was looking you had to open up the pocket book for one because they were quite popular in 70`s when I was thinking about getting one. I think after I had kids I decided it would be too risky by then. I pretty much watch NatGeo after 8 pm unless there is a sports event that I`m interested in and really enjoy the ones on wolves. :) PS. Glad you survived Cd ;).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can definitely see that happening. I`ve always had a love for wolves and have had the pleasure of coming across a few that were part wolves but extremely big and most of all extremely beautiful. Always wanted one but most of the time when I was looking you had to open up the pocket book for one because they were quite popular in 70`s when I was thinking about getting one. I think after I had kids I decided it would be too risky by then. I pretty much watch NatGeo after 8 pm unless there is a sports event that I`m interested in and really enjoy the ones on wolves. :) PS. Glad you survived Cd ;).

Yeah they are beautiful creatures for sure. Honestly talking to this lady she said family wise they are about as friendly as can be once they get used to your family. The biggest problem is always guests coming to the house because they are extremely territorial and extremely protective of their family. We have an Alaskan Malamute and she is that way. Our other dog just about rammed into my daughter the other day and the Malamute jumped in the way to save her then took the other dog down to remind him to be careful around the baby. Ever since our other dog has been great around our child.

Now my friend's dog right now she says is somewhere between 180-200 lbs. I stayed the night in Denver at their house and woke up with that thing 2 inches from my face. I thought I was a goner. It just licked me and then wanted to play. Truly one of those teddy bear dogs once they get used to you.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always looking for suggestions for questions. I sometimes go over a few other sites to see what they ask, but don't get good ideas from them. They often ask the same things on every interview they do. I was looking at a site the other day here were some of their questions

1. What is your name.
2. What team do you play for
3. What college did you go to?

WTF????

Put that in your storyline.

2016 Draft Interview: Jordan Canzeri, RB, Iowa

That will save ya 3 stupid questions :)

At least that is how I have always set up my headline on my interviews. Sorta a habit as they are easy to find in google search imagine if you have them set up that way as well.

If anyone has any suggestions for any questions let me know.

I can also post a few of my upcoming interviews if you want more individual based questions to narrow it down.

Today I have one with

Kentucky LB Ryan Flannigan
Marshall WR Davonte Allen

Tomorrow

Wake Forest OL Dylan Intemann
Miami CB Tracy Howard
Northern Illinois CB Marlon Moore

This weekend

Stanford WR Devon Cajuste
Arizona State CB Lloyd Carrington
Illinois WR Geronimo Allison
Carlson

Also setting one up with Rashad Higgins soon for you Colorado State fans.
Definitely like to see/hear how the Canzeri and Higgins interviews go. Also DC, I take it the majority of your interviews are conducted at a football event or do you make arrangements and/or special concessions for some of the players? BTW... Great stuff^ and really looking forward to this draft this yr with all the additional knowledge and guys that like this stuff as much as I do.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they are beautiful creatures for sure. Honestly talking to this lady she said family wise they are about as friendly as can be once they get used to your family. The biggest problem is always guests coming to the house because they are extremely territorial and extremely protective of their family. We have an Alaskan Malamute and she is that way. Our other dog just about rammed into my daughter the other day and the Malamute jumped in the way to save her then took the other dog down to remind him to be careful around the baby. Ever since our other dog has been great around our child.

Now my friend's dog right now she says is somewhere between 180-200 lbs. I stayed the night in Denver at their house and woke up with that thing 2 inches from my face. I thought I was a goner. It just licked me and then wanted to play. Truly one of those teddy bear dogs once they get used to you.
Yeah Cd I have heard and seen how very protective they are and most I saw did not like other dogs that weren`t family that is. When I lived in Colo there were two wolf crosses ( bother/sis) that I witnessed on several occasions ( they roamed a lot) both work in perfect unison taking down and (actually killed one dog) putting the hurt on some pretty mean big dogs. As young as I was I still was in awe how they worked together. They know their Sh*t that`s for sure when it comes to protection or territory rights. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd I have heard and seen how very protective they are and most I saw did not like other dogs that weren`t family that is. When I lived in Colo there were two wolf crosses ( bother/sis) that I witnessed on several occasions ( they roamed a lot) both work in perfect unison taking down and (actually killed one dog) putting the hurt on some pretty mean big dogs. As young as I was I still was in awe how they worked together. They know their Sh*t that`s for sure when it comes to protection or territory rights. :)

Oh it is true. My Malamute I went out in the backyard one night when she was barking and a possum had gotten in our backyard and she went right after it and one bite the thing was dead. There was no more fighting and she just pranced around the backyard showing off her kill. My wife had a similar dog to the one we have now and it took down a full grown cow on her family's farm and was eating it when her dad showed up and was ready to kill it for killing some major money.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it is true. My Malamute I went out in the backyard one night when she was barking and a possum had gotten in our backyard and she went right after it and one bite the thing was dead. There was no more fighting and she just pranced around the backyard showing off her kill. My wife had a similar dog to the one we have now and it took down a full grown cow on her family's farm and was eating it when her dad showed up and was ready to kill it for killing some major money.
Yeah I could see why Pops would be pissed, I know beef tastes great and can`t say I ever saw wolf burgers in grocery store :)

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you can have a little princess dog who tries to intimidate horses and cows and whatnot but the second they move he freaks out

Manimal Sighting

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also you people seem to have good taste in dogs by the way