• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFLPA Collegiate Bowl Sat.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those interested like me...
Head coaches- Mike Holmgren and Mike Martz ( ck out other coaches,will see interesting names like Ray Rice,etc
3 Colo.St players. No Buffs
Some familiar names such as Trevor Boykin Qb
3 o`clock ESPN
Check out roster and let me know who you know or are interested in.... for those who care :)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some things I want to look at obviously can;t have you answers in one all star game but

WR Washington State- Dom Williams- Was he a product of the Washington State system or does he have legit NFL talent?

DB Frankie Williams- Purdue... Like him, but undersized, is he an NFL return man?

WR Bryce Treggs- Cal. Highly recruited coming out. In a great offensive system, but of a letdown until this year. Does he have the frame to play in the NFL? He has the talent.

WR Mike Thomas- So.Miss- Has made some great catches.

RB Patrick Skov- Ga Tech- Can he play FB in the NFL?

LB Ian Seau, Nevada- Son of Junior

CB Deonte Deyon Boise State- I hear great things. Want to see more of him.

WR Ricardo Louis, Auburn- Surprised he wasn't invited to the SR bowl. If he has a better QB this year he probably is.

QB Travis Wilson- Utah- Has great tools. Major concussion issues.

DE USC Greg Townsend Jr- Father played for the Raiders. Inconsistent but great tools.

DE Dale Pierson, Iowa State- One of the more underrated pass rushers in the draft this year.

WR Mac McCaffrey Duke- Hasn't shined much, but father is Ed of our beloved Broncos... He has the tools.

WR Devin Lucien- ASU- Highly recruited and was a bust up until about the last 4 weeks of the season. Came on late. Is he legit? One more year of college and he could have emerged into a high pick.

WR Jayden Mickens- Washington- Possible late rd slot/PR guy.

CB Richard Leonard FIU- late rd nickel/return man.

Deon King LB Nicholls State- Productive. Can his production at small school translate into NFL?

Northern Iowa CB Mankinton Dorelant- Once a Wisconsin recruit, swapped to Maryland transferred to UNI.. Very good underrated CB... I like a late rd flyer on this guy.

Jacobi Green RB Richmond- I hear good things. Looking forward to seeing him.

Overall a lot more guys to watch here and interested in watching others for the first time, but just a few names to throw out there.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey DC. Thanks for the list of players and your`re take on them. Two that I`m most interested off your list is the LB from Nicholls st, King. Not sure how I heard of him, maybe a bowl gm or Div championship game but he is familiar to me. Like you I`m also interested in Green,rb from Richmond. Going to see if I can find some tape on him today. Another guy I like is O-lineman Sam Carlson. Only cause we share last name and he`s from CSU :) Actually thanks to you I have a lot of guys to look at now. Going to print this page and take it to my recliner Sat. along with a cold one and enjoy it even more now. Thank you Sir. Much appreciated

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have an interview set up with Sam Carlson after the game. I will be interested to see him as well. Let me know what you think and if you have a question I can ask him :) I am always looking for new ideas on questions.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That`s " way cool " DC. I do have a question for him.... Ask him if being the son of a pastor and heavily involved in his church will be a negative for him when playing O-line in the NFL which by many accounts, requires a large degree of meanest and nastiness to succeed at that level and what makes him believe he has those attributes or if he deems that a necessity from his point of view. I`d love to hear his take and if you ( DC ) have a site or youtube or whatever where I can listen in or watch your interviews, I would be honored to watch or listen to you work your magic. Much appreciated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That`s " way cool " DC. I do have a question for him.... Ask him if being the son of a pastor and heavily involved in his church will be a negative for him when playing O-line in the NFL which by many accounts, requires a large degree of meanest and nastiness to succeed at that level and what makes him believe he has those attributes or if he deems that a necessity from his point of view. I`d love to hear his take and if you ( DC ) have a site or youtube or whatever where I can listen in or watch your interviews, I would be honored to watch or listen to you work your magic. Much appreciated.

Hey now I can tell you as a Pastor myself that just because somebody is heavily involved in the church doesn't mean they don't have a killer instinct. Heck I have fought a wolf with my bare hands and somewhat won.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey now I can tell you as a Pastor myself that just because somebody is heavily involved in the church doesn't mean they don't have a killer instinct. Heck I have fought a wolf with my bare hands and somewhat won.
:) I know Cd and I knew I would be hearing from you for sure and there is always exception to all rules but I think it is a legitimate question to really see how he "responds" to those kind of question because believe me he will be asked that questions and much more when/if he gets to the interview process. Can say a lot on how he responds. I love ya man!!!:suds:
Oh, and was the wolf under the age of 3 months ;)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to be mean to have survival instincts kick in! :dhd:

As the son of a pastor, I think I can testify that meanness does not elude those of us that are - ask LGM, I kick his butt regularly! ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) I know Cd and I knew I would be hearing from you for sure and there is always exception to all rules but I think it is a legitimate question to really see how he "responds" to those kind of question because believe me he will be asked that questions and much more when/if he gets to the interview process. Can say a lot on how he responds. I love ya man!!!:suds:
Oh, and was the wolf under the age of 3 months ;)

Haha no full grown wolf. Jumped me from behind and drug me around for a while. Finally got a few hits in and the thing ran away.

I do understand the question. Before I ended up at the church I am at now I actually was in the final stages of becoming a police officer. They actually told me that one of the biggest reasons they were thinking about not hiring me was because of my Christian background and being afraid that I would be too passive in a fight where I need to get in and take someone down. They told me they were very disappointed that when they ran my background check that they didn't find a single thing. They actually interviewed me at a bar and the cop interviewing me said that he would feel much better if I just walked up to a random person and punched them int he face. I laughed and he got a confused look on his face as he was dead serious. So I understand where the question is coming from and was mostly just joking with you.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great. Now I really like the question and I hope DC asks him. "survival instincts" kick in when death is a strong possibility. Working the O-line vs mean and nasty D lineman on a continuous basis is another thing entirely. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTw, Stink isn't a pastor or a pastor's son, but he is an outspoken Christian - and I don't think anyone ever accused him of not being "mean" ether in the NFL or now on Twitter! (if you don't see his back and forth with Patriots fans, he's pretty hilarious IMO)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great. Now I really like the question and I hope DC asks him. "survival instincts" kick in when death is a strong possibility. Working the O-line vs mean and nasty D lineman on a continuous basis is another thing entirely. :)

Yeah I remember Mark Schlereth talking about how if he were coaching he would tell the GM that he wants OL guys that are actually a little bit of a jerk. He wants that attitude that for the most part other people don't like the guy because those guys seem to play with a little more of an edge that you really like to see as a coach. It is why a guy like Richie Icognito is still in the league and honestly had a very good season. So yeah it is a good question.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha no full grown wolf. Jumped me from behind and drug me around for a while. Finally got a few hits in and the thing ran away.

I do understand the question. Before I ended up at the church I am at now I actually was in the final stages of becoming a police officer. They actually told me that one of the biggest reasons they were thinking about not hiring me was because of my Christian background and being afraid that I would be too passive in a fight where I need to get in and take someone down. They told me they were very disappointed that when they ran my background check that they didn't find a single thing. They actually interviewed me at a bar and the cop interviewing me said that he would feel much better if I just walked up to a random person and punched them int he face. I laughed and he got a confused look on his face as he was dead serious. So I understand where the question is coming from and was mostly just joking with you.
Oh I knew you were joking Cd because as long as I`ve had the pleasure of knowing you I can read you pretty damn good by now my friend andI expect it`s mutual.:) Also, I would seriously like you to elaborate more on the confrontation with wolf because that is very interesting to me as you don`t get to meet someone that goes threw that kind of fear, resilience,survival situation very often. I enjoy those real life stories.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy, a few years ago when BJ Raji was at BC - Scott interviewed him and I asked him to ask a similar question as both his father and mother are co-pastors.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTw, Stink isn't a pastor or a pastor's son, but he is an outspoken Christian - and I don't think anyone ever accused him of not being "mean" ether in the NFL or now on Twitter! (if you don't see his back and forth with Patriots fans, he's pretty hilarious IMO)

Yeah he cracks me up. Eagles fans really do not like him because he said that the offense they were running wasn't sustainable and he didn't think it would last. He was saying Chip Kelly wouldn't make it another year in Philly earlier this offseason and man he got ripped apart for that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will ask him that question. Thanks.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I knew you were joking Cd because as long as I`ve had the pleasure of knowing you I can read you pretty damn good by now my friend andI expect it`s mutual.:) Also, I would seriously like you to elaborate more on the confrontation with wolf because that is very interesting to me as you don`t get to meet someone that goes threw that kind of fear, resilience,survival situation very often. I enjoy those real life stories.

Well essentially a friend of my dad's is known as the wolf woman of Colorado. For a while now it has been a "cool" thing to get an actual pure bread wolf as a pet. They are incredibly cute as puppies but most people don't realize how big those things get. So they then abandon them and when that happens they usually call this lady and she ends up adopting a few of them. The problem is though they can be very aggressive animals even when raised in captivity. So one day I was at their place and took off running and next thing I know this wolf jumps me from behind, grabs me by the arm with his teeth, and begins dragging me around the backyard flinging me every which way. So I was screaming, my dad was screaming, and finally I got a few hits in and the thing let go.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that out past Divide? Pretty cool wolf preserve there. I know some of the time when deer are scraped off the road, they are delivered there.

If so, the next time you go there, stop by my place - you would drive right by me going there from Kansas. (Or not if you took Hwy 24 from Limon through COS to Divide)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am always looking for suggestions for questions. I sometimes go over a few other sites to see what they ask, but don't get good ideas from them. They often ask the same things on every interview they do. I was looking at a site the other day here were some of their questions

1. What is your name.
2. What team do you play for
3. What college did you go to?

WTF????

Put that in your storyline.

2016 Draft Interview: Jordan Canzeri, RB, Iowa

That will save ya 3 stupid questions :)

At least that is how I have always set up my headline on my interviews. Sorta a habit as they are easy to find in google search imagine if you have them set up that way as well.

If anyone has any suggestions for any questions let me know.

I can also post a few of my upcoming interviews if you want more individual based questions to narrow it down.

Today I have one with

Kentucky LB Ryan Flannigan
Marshall WR Davonte Allen

Tomorrow

Wake Forest OL Dylan Intemann
Miami CB Tracy Howard
Northern Illinois CB Marlon Moore

This weekend

Stanford WR Devon Cajuste
Arizona State CB Lloyd Carrington
Illinois WR Geronimo Allison
Carlson

Also setting one up with Rashad Higgins soon for you Colorado State fans.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You learn a lot of interesting things from players that have nothing to do with football sometimes.

One of my favorite players from last years class Alex Carter, CB, Stanford (Lions rd 3)
I was always a big fan of his dad's growing up Tom Carter (CB, Redskins,Bears, Bengals)

Didn't know his sister (Tom's daughter) died as a teenager as a Type 1 diabetic. Until I asked him a question that he answered in reference to it.