• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Draft Thread:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then why post it would be a pretty good draft if Buckner and Garrnett become impact players? That would mean it's a good draft I don't agree if that is all they get out the 10 picks they had. Overall I'm not impressed with how they maneuvered in the draft.

First, what does 'impact' mean to you? For me, it means Pro Bowl player, or at least one of the best in the NFC. Say these two guys are one of the best in the NFC, that IS pretty good. Fans take for granted all draft picks pan out, but we all know that isn't true. Just have to look thru history, thru all other teams. How many teams over how many years, get two TOP players from the same draft?

Second, this doesn't mean we won't get anything else? Are you sure you didn't jump to that conclusion yourself? Didn't go back to read, but pretty sure i said this would be a good start?

Thirdly, i have no problem if you hate Baalke, but sometimes the subject isn't Baalke.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, what does 'impact' mean to you? For me, it means Pro Bowl player, or at least one of the best in the NFC. Say these two guys are one of the best in the NFC, that IS pretty good. Fans take for granted all draft picks pan out, but we all know that isn't true. Just have to look thru history, thru all other teams. How many teams over how many years, get two TOP players from the same draft?

Second, this doesn't mean we won't get anything else? Are you sure you didn't jump to that conclusion yourself? Didn't go back to read, but pretty sure i said this would be a good start?

Thirdly, i have no problem if you hate Baalke, but sometimes the subject isn't Baalke.

It wasn't you that posted it it was someone else that it would be a good draft if those two turned into impact players, now they didn't mention anything else but I would say impact to be pro bowl caliber to a really good starter. If they Mississippi State kid can be a nickle CB than that is also adding an impact player but I'm not believing in him right now, especially because most of the CB Baalke has drafted haven't exactly turned into much, many haven't been in the league long but one would expect the light to start turning on with Johnson, Reaser, or Acker if it were ever going to.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It wasn't you that posted it it was someone else that it would be a good draft if those two turned into impact players, now they didn't mention anything else but I would say impact to be pro bowl caliber to a really good starter. If they Mississippi State kid can be a nickle CB than that is also adding an impact player but I'm not believing in him right now, especially because most of the CB Baalke has drafted haven't exactly turned into much, many haven't been in the league long but one would expect the light to start turning on with Johnson, Reaser, or Acker if it were ever going to.

ok.

Yes, Redmond would be huge if he pans out, same with Robinson and Iworah. But ok, i'm not about to claim any of them will be good, we'll just wait and see?

I especially hope Robinson is a good pick, relative to his Round 4 spot. Cause it will bother me should Dak Prescott turn out well. It will also bother me if Kenneth Dixon turns out REAL well.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would bother me if Fuller from Virginia Tech turns out well and Redmond is a bum. I'm happy with Garnett and Buckner but I really feel like they could have gotten even more and didn't. I do like Burrbridge and many of the late picks one of those guys could develop into at least a guy that can contribute to the team.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would bother me if Fuller from Virginia Tech turns out well and Redmond is a bum. I'm happy with Garnett and Buckner but I really feel like they could have gotten even more and didn't. I do like Burrbridge and many of the late picks one of those guys could develop into at least a guy that can contribute to the team.

I'm very happy with the first two picks and think that they'll come in and compete for starting positions...Buckner I believe will make an immediate impact and Garnett will most likely have an AD sort of 1st year (mauling run blocker and struggling with PP on occasion). I get the DB stockpile...throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks. I also love the Cajuste pick up. He's got that mean tweener size...speed and length that will give LB's and DB's trouble for different reasons in the red zone. We need some of our young burners to step it up this season to loosen up the short field though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How 49ers rookies fit into team's plan

Maiocco is projecting five rookies to make the 53:

Buckner
Garnett
Redmond
Robinson
Blair

Despite what Baalke and Redmond says, they could say he tried but isn't quite 100%, then put him on IR. I wouldn't rush him back myself, it isn't worth it now.

Robinson hasn't played for awhile, so you have to wonder? A 171 lb press corner in the 4th round, really?

Blair certainly comes in with a track record of college performance, but he must be a 5th rounder for a reason. Plus there aren't many roster spots for the D-line. He has a chance if Dorsey doesn't get back healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm very happy with the first two picks and think that they'll come in and compete for starting positions...Buckner I believe will make an immediate impact and Garnett will most likely have an AD sort of 1st year (mauling run blocker and struggling with PP on occasion). I get the DB stockpile...throw shit at a wall and see if it sticks. I also love the Cajuste pick up. He's got that mean tweener size...speed and length that will give LB's and DB's trouble for different reasons in the red zone. We need some of our young burners to step it up this season to loosen up the short field though.

No doubt, if most of the throws are one read and quick, then receivers have to get open quick.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How 49ers rookies fit into team's plan

Maiocco is projecting five rookies to make the 53:

Buckner
Garnett
Redmond
Robinson
Blair

Despite what Baalke and Redmond says, they could say he tried but isn't quite 100%, then put him on IR. I wouldn't rush him back myself, it isn't worth it now.

Robinson hasn't played for awhile, so you have to wonder? A 171 lb press corner in the 4th round, really?

Blair certainly comes in with a track record of college performance, but he must be a 5th rounder for a reason. Plus there aren't many roster spots for the D-line. He has a chance if Dorsey doesn't get back healthy.
I think MattM was saying that Dorsey may start the year on the PUP list. So Blair has decent chance at the 53 man roster.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sakamoto: Did 49ers Miss Golden Opportunity By Passing Up On RB Kenneth Dixon?

I agree.

Clearly, if Robinson does well in a few years, then we're wrong. But as it stands now you have to wonder if Robinson would've last a few more rounds?

Hyde isn't a lock to stay healthy (this year and those that follow) and if you're going to draft a RB anyway, Dixon seemed like SOLID value Round 4.

For the record, did question if Prescott would've been the pick here, Dixon was my second choice.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1