• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be wrong, but I think Roy is an FA. Even if he isn't, he wasn't playing much by the end of last season. So Noah playing ahead of him is no big deal.

Hibbert is a FA.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they dropped 3 straight.....yikes!

What do you think the Wolves will do with Rubio?

I read that Pek might get waived.

It's really hard to say. This is all local media conjecture and wishing in the internet age. Unless Pek isn't ready to go healthwise, it makes sense, but I don't want to see RR go. He's a top 10 PG, even with his lack of shooting. The Wolves were + when he was on the court, and they'd have won more if the bench had ever held a lead.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he has exercised his option that pays him 5.7 million. He might think he can get more as a FA?

I was joking.
If the Heat gave that clown 6M, and wouldn't give my man Beasley the minimum, I'd be heading for a divorce.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to say. This is all local media conjecture and wishing in the internet age. Unless Pek isn't ready to go healthwise, it makes sense, but I don't want to see RR go. He's a top 10 PG, even with his lack of shooting. The Wolves were + when he was on the court, and they'd have won more if the bench had ever held a lead.

Yeah, even if Dunn is the future, what is the rush, unless there is strife?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was joking.
If the Heat gave that clown 6M, and wouldn't give my man Beasley the minimum, I'd be heading for a divorce.

I still can't figure out why the Clippers don't grab Beasley.

Maybe he smashed Rivers daughter or something because we are DESPERATE.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, even if Dunn is the future, what is the rush, unless there is strife?

I don't think they're going to rush. There won't be much of a market until FA is just about finished.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any buzz on Rondo at all?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have really come around on Rubio- his shooting has improved to the point where he is just kinda bad- and not so bad it kinda cripples your offense. His defense is really spectacular and his command of the offense is easily top 3 in basketball. Its fun watching him play.

He seems like a Thibs kinda guy...this Twolves team needs veterans too...getting rid of Rubio and starting Dunn is cool and all- but how long do you want to rebuild for? the twolves have the longest streak in the league without making the playoffs and idont think its even close--- giving the keys to a rookie point guard isnt gonna change that no matter how good Towns and Wiggins are....

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I have really come around on Rubio- his shooting has improved to the point where he is just kinda bad- and not so bad it kinda cripples your offense. His defense is really spectacular and his command of the offense is easily top 3 in basketball. Its fun watching him play.

He seems like a Thibs kinda guy...this Twolves team needs veterans too...getting rid of Rubio and starting Dunn is cool and all- but how long do you want to rebuild for? the twolves have the longest streak in the league without making the playoffs and idont think its even close--- giving the keys to a rookie point guard isnt gonna change that no matter how good Towns and Wiggins are....
That's kinda my point... continuing the rebuild. This really was a bad draft spot for the Wolves to find themselves. They'd have been better off without a lotto pick, and focused on FA.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda my point... continuing the rebuild. This really was a bad draft spot for the Wolves to find themselves. They'd have been better off without a lotto pick, and focused on FA.
I think they were surprised to see Dunn there at 5 and kinda just took him as a trade asset....

I dunno about you- but i wouldve traded Dunn and Lavine (if that was indeed what Chicago was asking for) in a second for Butler.

PG- Rubio
SG- Wiggins
SF- Butler
PF- Towns

i mean- defensively and offensively that is freaking amazing. SO athletic, tons of length, rubio pushing the tempo- butler defendingg the other teams best player- wiggins with the ability to develop into a great defender.....I mean shit man....

4-5 years from now Kyrie Irving is gonna have his worked cut out for him to get his 2nd Finals MVP and 3rd ring. ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see the Lakers getting in on Whiteside.

Walton will want to do something similar to OKC i would think......and Whiteside is a black hole passing wise....you need a solid passing big in that offense like Bogut-- or Green at center...

we kinda saw what happened when they had to rely on ezeli and varejao and speights....

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there been any buzz on Rondo at all?
Nets

after waiving starter Jarrett Jack on Thursday, and they’ve landed a meeting with one of the best on the free-agent market. They’ll get a sit-down with Sacramento’s Rajon Rondo.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they were surprised to see Dunn there at 5 and kinda just took him as a trade asset....

I dunno about you- but i wouldve traded Dunn and Lavine (if that was indeed what Chicago was asking for) in a second for Butler.

PG- Rubio
SG- Wiggins
SF- Butler
PF- Towns

i mean- defensively and offensively that is freaking amazing. SO athletic, tons of length, rubio pushing the tempo- butler defendingg the other teams best player- wiggins with the ability to develop into a great defender.....I mean shit man....

4-5 years from now Kyrie Irving is gonna have his worked cut out for him to get his 2nd Finals MVP and 3rd ring. ;)
I could see it, but I don't want to let go of Lavine just yet.

Also, it sounded like the only thing the Bulls were willing to entertain, was a deal involving Wiggins.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- everyone knows i think the Cavs are gonna dominate the East for a while to come...

but look around....

If DeRozan leaves- which doesnt look likely- but still- Toronto falls off...

If Bosh retires, Whiteside leaves, Joe Johnson leaves- the Heat are gonna fall off...

The Wizards couldnt even get a meeting with Durant- and Beale is injury prone as shit and is gonna get a max.

The Knicks are improved- but Rose/Melo/Porzingis- unless they really make another big move and a few small but brilliant moves- isnt enough to push the Cavs is it?

The Celtics have the deepest roster in the league but they have no high level all stars and havent been able to make the trade they have been trying to make for 2 years now

The Bulls are rebuilding

The Hawks just traded Teague, and might lose Horford- they would go into a rebuild

Charlotte has made some moves and improved- but Batum is a free agent and is a serious threat to leave and hes pretty important to what they do. Al Jeff. is a FA too...

The only team that I have seen get stronger is the Pacers--- trading for Teague and Thad Young. Detroit seems to be on the rise and if they get Anderson they will have improved- but enough to push the Cavs?

Someone tell me where this challenge in the East is gonna come from....i just dont see it --- RIGHT NOW anyway......

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see the Lakers getting in on Whiteside.

Walton will want to do something similar to OKC i would think......and Whiteside is a black hole passing wise....you need a solid passing big in that offense like Bogut-- or Green at center...

we kinda saw what happened when they had to rely on ezeli and varejao and speights....

All day they've said Whiteside will only talk to Heat/Mavs....and he's been talking to Heat all along.
This will be over quickly, one way or the other.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All day they've said Whiteside will only talk to Heat/Mavs....and he's been talking to Heat all along.
This will be over quickly, one way or the other.
I think he would be a fool to leave.....but have to admit that Carlisle is a pretty damn good coach to have...after Pop i think he just might be the 2nd best in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.