• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- everyone knows i think the Cavs are gonna dominate the East for a while to come...

but look around....

If DeRozan leaves- which doesnt look likely- but still- Toronto falls off...

If Bosh retires, Whiteside leaves, Joe Johnson leaves- the Heat are gonna fall off...

The Wizards couldnt even get a meeting with Durant- and Beale is injury prone as shit and is gonna get a max.

The Knicks are improved- but Rose/Melo/Porzingis- unless they really make another big move and a few small but brilliant moves- isnt enough to push the Cavs is it?

The Celtics have the deepest roster in the league but they have no high level all stars and havent been able to make the trade they have been trying to make for 2 years now

The Bulls are rebuilding

The Hawks just traded Teague, and might lose Horford- they would go into a rebuild

Charlotte has made some moves and improved- but Batum is a free agent and is a serious threat to leave and hes pretty important to what they do. Al Jeff. is a FA too...

The only team that I have seen get stronger is the Pacers--- trading for Teague and Thad Young. Detroit seems to be on the rise and if they get Anderson they will have improved- but enough to push the Cavs?

Someone tell me where this challenge in the East is gonna come from....i just dont see it --- RIGHT NOW anyway......

Can't really argue any of it, but that's why it's insane for some top FAs to not go East.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- everyone knows i think the Cavs are gonna dominate the East for a while to come...

but look around....

If DeRozan leaves- which doesnt look likely- but still- Toronto falls off...

If Bosh retires, Whiteside leaves, Joe Johnson leaves- the Heat are gonna fall off...

The Wizards couldnt even get a meeting with Durant- and Beale is injury prone as shit and is gonna get a max.

The Knicks are improved- but Rose/Melo/Porzingis- unless they really make another big move and a few small but brilliant moves- isnt enough to push the Cavs is it?

The Celtics have the deepest roster in the league but they have no high level all stars and havent been able to make the trade they have been trying to make for 2 years now

The Bulls are rebuilding

The Hawks just traded Teague, and might lose Horford- they would go into a rebuild

Charlotte has made some moves and improved- but Batum is a free agent and is a serious threat to leave and hes pretty important to what they do. Al Jeff. is a FA too...

The only team that I have seen get stronger is the Pacers--- trading for Teague and Thad Young. Detroit seems to be on the rise and if they get Anderson they will have improved- but enough to push the Cavs?

Someone tell me where this challenge in the East is gonna come from....i just dont see it --- RIGHT NOW anyway......
Durant could have changed the East dynamic and made a couple of teams contenders but as of right now it belongs to the Cavs.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Miami local sports they just showed a segment asking a Winslow/Richardson how they felt about Whiteside potentially leaving.
Response was pretty cold, both stating if he does, he does, they trust Riley.

When asked same question about Wade, response was total opposite saying without hesitation they wanted and feel he'll be back.

ChrisGar15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If It were me signing a Center, this is the order that I would use. No point listing Drummond because Detroit will match.
1. Whiteside
2. Horford
3. Gasol
4. Howard
5. Jefferson
6. Biyombo
7. Noah
8. Mahinmi
9. Mozgov
10. Cole Aldrich

Mecca -- if your #7 is getting $18M -- what will the ones above him get paid ???

I think the order of some of these guys depends on the team. If I was a championship contender and looking for a "key piece that fit" -- Horford/Gasol may be the answer. If I were a team that was below that -- looking to move up & improve over time and willing to take a chance -- Whiteside may be the best Center.

For example OKC & Spurs would really like Horford/Gasol. A team like Blazers or Lakers -- Whiteside would be a better one to sign.

One interesting Center is DH12. It sounds like the Celtics are interested -- that must mean that Stevens has a plan for how to use Dwight. But I'm not sure DH would be on the same page. (P&R guy ... not the post-up Dwight)

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca -- if your #7 is getting $18M -- what will the ones above him get paid ???

I think the order of some of these guys depends on the team. If I was a championship contender and looking for a "key piece that fit" -- Horford/Gasol may be the answer. If I were a team that was below that -- looking to move up & improve over time and willing to take a chance -- Whiteside may be the best Center.

For example OKC & Spurs would really like Horford/Gasol. A team like Blazers or Lakers -- Whiteside would be a better one to sign.

One interesting Center is DH12. It sounds like the Celtics are interested -- that must mean that Stevens has a plan for how to use Dwight. But I'm not sure DH would be on the same page. (P&R guy ... not the post-up Dwight)

Top 2 get a max.

Gasol knows he has to take a hit if he wants the Spurs.

Howard wants 24 minimum.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 minute until chaos.
Good luck to everyone and their teams.:suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash