• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can totally see a lockout coming....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the length of the contract. If it's a short term deal, he may be worth it because of his hustle and what he can teach a young guy like Porzingis.

I would have zero problem if the Lakers paid him that much per year on say a 3 year deal with a team option on year 3. What he could teach the Lakers youngsters about being a professional would be invaluable. Plus, he can still play a bit.

Yeah, he had a couple down seasons but he's still just 31 and doubt he's done.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. You are correct.

On top of that, if the Lakers hold onto their 2017 first rounder, the first rounder still owed to Orlando from the Dwight trade converts into a couple of second rounders. If the Lakers don't, Orlando gets the Lakers 2019 first rounder unprotected.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the length of the contract. If it's a short term deal, he may be worth it because of his hustle and what he can teach a young guy like Porzingis.

I would have zero problem if the Lakers paid him that much per year on say a 3 year deal with a team option on year 3. What he could teach the Lakers youngsters about being a professional would be invaluable. Plus, he can still play a bit.

Noah would be fantastic for the Lakers. Best possible center signing for them, IMO. They really need a leader at this stage more than they need an allstar. Get the allstar in 2 years once the young bucks develop.

Reactions: DJ

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pass on Noah. He just doesn't fit with where the Lakers are at currently.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,041.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? Where are they?

He'd be invaluable in mentoring Randle and the young C we got in the 2nd round.....if he plays for them next season.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And owners will be screaming about it in the next CBA meeting. Lockout will be looming.

It's the multi-billion TV contract which led to this result. They can't be screaming too much. The players, on the other hand, after getting screwed on revenue sharing in the last CBA, will be screaming plenty.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah would be fantastic for the Lakers. Best possible center signing for them, IMO. They really need a leader at this stage more than they need an allstar. Get the allstar in 2 years once the young bucks develop.

That's my thinking. Plus, they just drafted Zubac who apparently was a projected first round talent but fell to the 2nd round because he refused to be a "euro-stash" guy. Noah could help a lot with his development as well.

I'm fully on board with the Lakers "youth movement" and would love to see them pick up guys like Noah and Luol Deng (if Miami has to let him walk to keep Whiteside) on short term deals for their veteran presence.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me. He isnt that same player anymore. Trust me. I have watched him for awhile now. He is a shell of himself. He cant guard multiple position anymore. Yes he will give you rebounding and Hustle but scoring not so much anymore and his free throw shooting has declined big time.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think his professionalism and work ethic would be great for the young guys. You can't put a team out there full of nothing but 19 and 20 year old's. You need veteran influence and it helps if those veterans can actually still play a little.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Where are they?

He'd be invaluable in mentoring Randle and the young C we got in the 2nd round.....if he plays for them next season.

If they are spending big on a center, spent it on a big that can grow with the youth, not a past their prime often injured one. Maybe a one year deal, but no way would I want to commit any more to him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This I agree with you. Noah is a good leader.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore gets 20 mill? :pound:

Meh, Bazemore has earned himself a raise. He was one of those short term guys that I actually would have liked to see the Lakers keep.

I don't know about a raise to $20 million, that seems pretty high, but he has earned himself a raise, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.