• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious?
Why would you hate the Heat so much?
Strictly cause James needed to come here to learn how to win?

You should really be thanking Riley, correct?

More like thanking Wade. He's the one who played with Lebron. Riley was sitting his suite sucking down overpriced whine and stuffing his face with some kind of fancy cheese lol

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like 6 on 4.

So people don't think this is a knock on the refs - the Spurs were clearly the better team. The ball movement and efficient 3-point shooting sometimes made it seems like the Spurs had extra players on the floor.

There was a difference between the two Finals losses in the Big 3 era:

2011: Felt we let a golden opportunity slip in game 2 where we had a legitimate shot to beat Dallas and if all things were done again, maybe could've won. But not taking anything away from the Mavs, they won.

2014: Was less depressing than 2011. There was no doubt that the Spurs were by far the better team in 2014. We got dismantled in every facet of that series.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade really sucked in that series.

I think LeBron saw the emergence of kyrie and the inevitable decline of Wade- and that was a huge part of his decision to leave Miami.

I just love it so much. I have to say-I hate the Heat. Riley tried to kick LeBron on the way out the door-- LeBron shoved it in his face- and now Riley will spend his last days in the league in total irrelevance....its just so awesome. I guess Karma is a real thing, LOL....

Cavs are champs, Heat are headed for the lotto.....karma!

I think Miami was sliding and the Spurs were rolling. Wade didn't take great shots from what i remember, but it really just seemed like the Heat didn't want it. Give credit to the Spurs D too.

And i don't think Pat Riley really cares honestly. The guy was part of a great dynasty in LA and a good run by the Heat. How many rings does he have? Cleveland has 1. I'm guessing Riley gets the Heat in a good position after this coming year and walks.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like thanking Wade. He's the one who played with Lebron. Riley was sitting his suite sucking down overpriced whine and stuffing his face with some kind of fancy cheese lol

Obviously Wade helped him get over the hump also, but championship culture starts at the top and works its way down (except for the Cavs just winning).
The top there really had nothing to do with it other then do what James said.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami was sliding and the Spurs were rolling. Wade didn't take great shots from what i remember, but it really just seemed like the Heat didn't want it. Give credit to the Spurs D too.

And i don't think Pat Riley really cares honestly. The guy was part of a great dynasty in LA and a good run by the Heat. How many rings does he have? Cleveland has 1. I'm guessing Riley gets the Heat in a good position after this coming year and walks.

Fatigue was definitely a factor given the 4 straight Finals appearances. I don't buy not wanting it. The Spurs had the perfect system and executed to an extreme.

Pat Riley cares, he wants to win. It's killing him that Lebron won in Cleveland, everyone knows it. Riley's old school - he wants to win as many titles as possible.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Wade helped him get over the hump also, but championship culture starts at the top and works its way down (except for the Cavs just winning).
The top there really had nothing to do with it other then do what James said.

LUE

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fatigue was definitely a factor given the 4 straight Finals appearances. I don't buy not wanting it. The Spurs had the perfect system and executed to an extreme.

Pat Riley cares, he wants to win. It's killing him that Lebron won in Cleveland, everyone knows it. Riley's old school - he wants to win as many titles as possible.

The ball movement was the best I had ever seen and they shot ridiculous from 3. Everyone played well on the Spurs. I see GS move the ball and they are pretty damn good, but the Spurs in that series blow them away, it was crazy to watch. Lebron and Wade could have scored 80 and I think the Spurs still win, they were just in the zone.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ball movement was the best I had ever seen and they shot ridiculous from 3. Everyone played well on the Spurs. I see GS move the ball and they are pretty damn good, but the Spurs in that series blow them away, it was crazy to watch. Lebron and Wade could have scored 80 and I think the Spurs still win, they were just in the zone.

Yeah, the Spurs were a perfect storm. It pisses me off when people try to discredit anything the Spurs did. No player could've helped the Heat in that series, it was just insane. I will always respect that Spurs team. There was no one ounce of depression from me, I knew flat out the Spurs were just better. Thank god we didn't get swept.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still have roughly another 16 mill, right...?

STILL hearing Mo Harkless' name bandied about a bit...

I don't think they make any more moves which tie up money for more than just this coming season. I think they want to have one max slot available. Salary cap expectations have been lowered by $6mil for next season.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Spurs were a perfect storm. It pisses me off when people try to discredit anything the Spurs did. No player could've helped the Heat in that series, it was just insane. I will always respect that Spurs team. There was no one ounce of depression from me, I knew flat out the Spurs were just better. Thank god we didn't get swept.

You are incorrect according to @WiggyRuss
He claimed just yesterday that DeMarre Carroll was the missing piece needed to have beat the Spurs, and key reason James left the Heat :nod:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are incorrect according to @WiggyRuss
He claimed just yesterday that DeMarre Carroll was the missing piece needed to have beat the Spurs, and key reason James left the Heat :nod:

DeMarre Carroll wasn't going to do shit against the Spurs. He probably decided to not watch the Finals that year after the Spurs knocked out the Thunder that year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you gotta stop trolling, it will all be ok man. It's over, the Cavs won and Lebron was the best player overall in the series, all 3 of his Finals wins.
not trolling. Trolling would be me saying he sucks. I think he is a great player. I have him in my Top 10. Yes he was the best player but he was the guy they went to, to win the game. it was always another player. Its easy to see unless you are new to basketball.

Status
Not open for further replies.