• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UNBELIEVABLE.

Cavs absolutely do not win the title without this guy- one of the most valuable big men in the league.

how many big men in the league can do that? pshhhhhh.....you can name them on one hand. No way we beat the WArriors without this guy.
TT has value, because he does things well like defend and rebound. The Cavs might have been able to get a big who defends and rebounds well for less, but they wanted LeBron happy and they won it all so it doesn't matter as much now. I don't think he's one of the most valuable big men though.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not all bad news for Dallas:

Shams CharaniaVerified account
‏@ShamsCharania
Dallas RFA Dwight Powell has agreed to a four-year, $37-plus million with the Mavericks, league sources tell The Vertical.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only the 3rd day of free agency lol. Considering he just concluded his final meeting this evening, the fact that he is deciding tomorrow is actually pretty impressive

James knew exactly where he was going both times before FA ever began.
He just loved seeing his name scroll across the screen constantly and wanted to fuck over both of his ex teams FA period.

My guess is that Durant knows what his decision is, but wants to sleep on it to make sure he feels the same way tomorrow.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is only the 3rd day of free agency lol. Considering he just concluded his final meeting this evening, the fact that he is deciding tomorrow is actually pretty impressive
He got the meetings done quick and didn't drag it out, which is good. I think he could wait until after the 4th of July, but I guess it's not that big of a deal to announce it tomorrow. He could have made a TV special announcement for it...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got the meetings done quick and didn't drag it out, which is good. I think he could wait until after the 4th of July, but I guess it's not that big of a deal to announce it tomorrow. He could have made a TV special announcement for it...

Hopefully he doesn't announce during the Hot Dog eating contest

#rude

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL supposedly it will be in the morning. Maybe he'll do it as Hassan did. Wake up tomorrow and see it on The Players Tribune twitter account

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but everyone will look at KD different then. Especially what he said on Twitter years ago. It's not like the Thunder arent doing everything they can do to accomodate him unlike Lebron in Cleveland.

The Thunder only started paying into the luxury tax this past season. When it came time to pay James Harden, they traded him for .75 on the dollar. Sam Presti is a genius and probably the best GM in the league. But they should've known that Brooks was a corch well before everyone else did. Hell, the Warriors fired Jackson with the quickness, and look how that worked out.

Point being - you need to pay into the luxury tax nowadays to have a chance to win. Getting cheap so you can stay just under the cap is not going to net you a title.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,792.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caron Butler is under contract next season with the Kings for 1.5 mill?

I thought he had retired.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL supposedly it will be in the morning. Maybe he'll do it as Hassan did. Wake up tomorrow and see it on The Players Tribune twitter account
Hopefully he pulls a Whiteside and stays with the same team.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caron Butler is under contract next season with the Kings for 1.5 mill?

I thought he had retired.
He exercised his player option.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude....JUST AS I SAID- we saw all we needed to see.

Tristan Thompson simply helps your team win more than Whiteside. Just give it up already. Whiteside is on the bench in the playoffs because he cant guard the pick and roll- and then gets hurt. lol. I mean- when a guy cant stay on the court because hes getting barbequed in the pick and roll, and then cant stay on the court because of injury- and then you have another guy that has just averaged a double double in the last two Finals-and you need a bulldozer crossed with a M1 tank to get him off the court- you need nothing more than common sense to see who the guy is that helps your team more.

EASY. Once again- time vindicates. I will take Reigning World Champion and Current NBA consecutive games played leader- and the best big man in the NBA defending small lineups- ANY DAY OF THE WEEK when you are trying to win games in the NBA.

let me know how my ass tastes when the Heat take a big step back next year just like i said they would months ago- and your retort was- RILEY IS WAY SMARTER THAN YOU AND WILL FIGURE IT OUT...

well- im still waiting....all i see is a team that didnt have the cap space to even keep its current main core together- just as i said months ago. As i said- Dwade will never again see a Conference Finals- at least not in Miami.

Yep, the injuries and blood clots are Riley's fault..:L

We added a max player and apparently are a Durant finalist.
Like seriously , STFU, unless you really are that stupid.

And main core?
For 2 years you've said Deng was dog meat.
Joe Johnson was a rental who chose Heat over Cavs.
How's the Cavs FA going?

Status
Not open for further replies.