• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He only makes 5.4 mill.....some team with open cap space should be able to throw us a 2nd rounder for him. He can score....he'd be a decent backup SG/SF for somebody at an affordable price. Only 1 year left before he most likely opts out to get a raise (some GM will pay him 10-11 mill per with the way these new contract are going). Basically an expiring contract. :pound:

Hopefully Mitch will work his magic and trade him to some gullible sucker for some star quality! :D

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying that he is going, but all this hype is starting to remind me of the LeBron decision. Media keeps reporting that he is almost definitely staying, yet he is intrigued by other opportunities. The media was certain that LeBron was staying too, even though LeBron refused to comment on free agent destinations every time he was asked, much like KD has done. The media built up expectations for Cleveland fans, and I feel that the same thing is happening here.

When a star player keeps his feelings close to the vest as KD has done, the reality is that nobody knows. He might stay, he might go, but I seriously doubt that the Thunder truly are 90% favorites as the media has reported.

Just remember OKC fans, KD has handled his free agency extremely well. It is not his fault that the media speculates on him 24/7. If he decides to leave, it is more than fair to be disappointed, but let's not villify him the way LeBron has been.

I promise you you don't have to remind OKC fans of anything. Everyone I know is saying the same thing, he has earned the right to make his decision. Comparisons to Lebron do not apply, KD was more mature as a rookie than Lebron will ever be and that's just how it is. The relationship between KD and the city is real, that's why we are pretty confident he is staying, that and the fact that it's the right basketball decision as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basically last seasons MLE.....that's not too bad. I just remember his inconsistent jumper with us. :pound:

Sadly, That hasn't changed..

Doc better call Matt Barnes and apologize.

You can't have Wes as your starter with Pierce as his backup.

You just can't.

That would put us 6th in the West.....at best.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt.

It's not like the guy is a slug.

HE has always been serviceable and never really gotten a chance to show his talent.

Big men have been getting overpaid for decades.

EVERYONE has gotten overpaid this Summer.

Evan Turner the most by a mile....

Bazemore imo. Turner is a capable player if starting.....he'll score a little, rebound, and pass.

I could see Bazemore being a huge bust.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, That hasn't changed..

Doc better call Matt Barnes and apologize.

You can't have Wes as your starter with Pierce as his backup.

You just can't.

That would put us 6th in the West.....at best.

I see a BG trade in a blockbuster trade by mid season if he's healthy. They have hit their ceiling and have to do something to achieve a different outcome. CP and Jordan aren't going anywhere imo.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bazemore imo. Turner is a capable player if starting.....he'll score a little, rebound, and pass.

I could see Bazemore being a huge bust.

Similar stats.

12, 5, 2 to 11,5, 4 both played 28 mins

But, Bazemore was undrafted, Turner was a #2 pick.

I think I would rather have Kent if given the choice.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,416.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similar stats.

12, 5, 2 to 11,5, 4 both played 28 mins

But, Bazemore was undrafted, Turner was a #2 pick.

I think I would rather have Kent if given the choice.

But it's the first time Bazemore has done that over a full season. Could be fools gold.

Turner hasn't lived up to hos potential but he's been a consistent player when healthy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a BG trade in a blockbuster trade by mid season if he's healthy. They have hit their ceiling and have to do something to achieve a different outcome. CP and Jordan aren't going anywhere imo.

Doubt it unless he says he won't resign.

We will actually have cap space to add a 4th guy without having to waive the rest of the roster next Summer.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 150,921.16
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade can't go back to the Heat after being insulted again, not and claim to be a man anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.