• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Sounds like a fun day.

Make sure you guys take your pictures by Tommy Trojan, visit Heritage Hall, etc. (that way, as a UCLA fan, you can see what National Championship trophies and Heisman's look like :heh:).

Sparks are looking real good this year. 15-1 and they avenged the 1 loss in fairly dominant fashion. I used to take my daughter to Sparks games and to this day, she talks about how much she liked going to those games with me and still says Lisa Leslie is her favorite player.

As for the bold, just chalk that up to you having good taste. :D

My kids are 11 and 12.

So, the Sparks are still good, cheap, AIR CONDITIONED fun!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i was saying is that the players union is for max contracts and limiting what the max contracts are--- more so than the owners are...i dont think the owners particularly care either way.

I think that might change next summer.
Seems like the new norm is for stars to unite vs collide.
Only way to have them distributed would be to limit their ability to play together.
That was the 2010 intention when the Heat signed the Big 3.
Only way to do that is to have no max salary, the way I see it.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. But given that KD says it's all about basketball decisions for him, why bring Tom Brady? How's Tom Brady going to help you win championship rings? At that point, you're just trying to woo him with star power - from a different sport.
Maybe just to solidify the whole "Boston sports culture thing"? :noidea:

Maybe he just showed up and isn't even going to the meeting. I agree it's tacky and kind of pointless, you would think Danny would know that too.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the trade Market will be even better than Free Agency.

So, Teams like the Lakers, Sixers shouldn't spend all their money.

There will be some serious bargains like Vuvecic, maybe Milsap, out there.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kids are 11 and 12.

So, the Sparks are still good, cheap, AIR CONDITIONED fun!

Yep. I used to get us some great seats for cheap when I'd take my daughter. She still talks about how we sat where they come and take your order for the concession stand.

I think she's going try to come out for a visit this summer. If she does, I might have to take her to a game.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that might change next summer.
Seems like the new norm is for stars to unite vs collide.
Only way to have them distributed would be to limit their ability to play together.
That was the 2010 intention when the Heat signed the Big 3.
Only way to do that is to have no max salary, the way I see it.

think of how the system is--- its an abberation this year because of the cap increase- and the PA should have agreed to a smoothing mechanism- but they have a lot of this set up already.

A max for a younger guy is like 25% of the cap--- for an experienced best of the best guy its 33%.....and the new punitive tax measures SHOULD be pretty effective for all but the most passionate of owners.

NOw- the Heat could come together- and gave up money- but it wasnt THAT much money...now that a max contract is so much money- 33% of 94 million- a lot less likely guys give up 50-60 million over terms of the deal than 20...

but it also allows for teams that draft good to keep their players because the max for the guys coming off their rookie deals is only 25%- so you are not penalizing a team like Golden State for drafting well and managing well.

its just gonna take time to get through this abberation year.

Now- the interesting thing is- if the star players band together- and use their gravitas to influence the talks- something that has never really happened before....of course if you ask the rank and file- theyd rather have max contracts so EVERYONE gets PAID- rather than just a handful of guys....obvously the stars are much more valuable to the league- but everyone has one vote------ unless the stars really start trying to influence and use there power in a way they havent....this seems like its starting to happen with how lebron and cp are starting to step up in influence in the PA.

itll be intersting to see.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reason it through.

The Players Union dictates policy. There are a LOT more guys that are 2nd and 3rd tier guys- then 1st tier guys.

If LeBron and Durant and Davis and Curry go from making a combined 100 million- to a combined 300 million each season- thats bad for the rank and file- and as far as i can tell- its one man- one vote in the players union.

That makes total sense, but the owners cannot be happy with what is going on in the current system, unless money vs chance to win is their only concern.

If they go to another lockout, who needs to concede first?
The billionaire owners or the players?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I used to get us some great seats for cheap when I'd take my daughter. She still talks about how we sat where they come and take your order for the concession stand.

I think she's going try to come out for a visit this summer. If she does, I might have to take her to a game.

Dude, the stands are always empty now.

It's kinda sad.

But, it's like the old days with the Clippers.

But the nosebleed $15 seats, move down to the 10th row....lol

Seriously, on televised games, they BEG YOU to move.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C Biyombo 17 mil/Vucevic 11 mil
PF Ibaka 12 mil/ Gordon 4.3 mil
SF Green 15 mil(1 year)/Hezonja 4 mil
SG Fournier 17 mil
PG Augustin 7 mil/Watson 5 mil

I guess they will get trade Vucevic or bring one of those guys off the bench...idk

Biyombo
Ibaka
Green
Fournier
Augustin

Umm...ok. That is a lot of money going to just average to above average players lol

They also have Payton at PG and Meeks at SG.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Sounds like a fun day.

Make sure you guys take your pictures by Tommy Trojan, visit Heritage Hall, etc. (that way, as a UCLA fan, you can see what National Championship trophies and Heisman's look like :heh:).

Sparks are looking real good this year. 15-1 and they avenged the 1 loss in fairly dominant fashion. I used to take my daughter to Sparks games and to this day, she talks about how much she liked going to those games with me and still says Lisa Leslie is her favorite player.

As for the bold, just chalk that up to you having good taste. :D

IMO, her young girls don't need to be in any situation that currently involves Trojans :dhd:

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the Magic even doing? :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already signed Clarkson. 4 years/$50 million.

They agreed to a deal with Clarkson. If they hold off on the actual signing, they can use more cap space, then go over by the difference between his cap hold and contract to sign him.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 30,191.31
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8a06ce6d5a29c02e2e8e81c9874f3468_bigger.pngZach Lowe‏@ZachLowe_NBA
Heat need to bring Marino and Snowflake the Dolphin to their KD meeting.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think of how the system is--- its an abberation this year because of the cap increase- and the PA should have agreed to a smoothing mechanism- but they have a lot of this set up already.

A max for a younger guy is like 25% of the cap--- for an experienced best of the best guy its 33%.....and the new punitive tax measures SHOULD be pretty effective for all but the most passionate of owners.

NOw- the Heat could come together- and gave up money- but it wasnt THAT much money...now that a max contract is so much money- 33% of 94 million- a lot less likely guys give up 50-60 million over terms of the deal than 20...

but it also allows for teams that draft good to keep their players because the max for the guys coming off their rookie deals is only 25%- so you are not penalizing a team like Golden State for drafting well and managing well.

its just gonna take time to get through this abberation year.

Now- the interesting thing is- if the star players band together- and use their gravitas to influence the talks- something that has never really happened before....of course if you ask the rank and file- theyd rather have max contracts so EVERYONE gets PAID- rather than just a handful of guys....obvously the stars are much more valuable to the league- but everyone has one vote------ unless the stars really start trying to influence and use there power in a way they havent....this seems like its starting to happen with how lebron and cp are starting to step up in influence in the PA.

itll be intersting to see.

I'm surprised you don't think the stars are really trying to influence and use their power.
There's never been anything ever close to what James did to Gilbert.

Reality is, the owners could choose to not offer these crazy contracts, but then they are dealing with collusion accusations.

Having no max contracts eliminates all of that.
Highest bidder could be any one of the thirty, and then it's on the front office to be prudent enough to build a roster.
In essence, it's like building a salaried fantasy basketball team.

Status
Not open for further replies.