• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Hill but he's better than what they were looking at with that kind of pick. However, Indy wins the trade imo. Followed by Utah and I guess that's all Atlanta could get for him. That sucks.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all Utah got from their end was George Hill, they lost out on this deal. I have to believe there was another pick included.

Do you know that this draft is really weak and Utah was picking 12th? I'm no fan of Hill but that was a decent trade for Utah. Atlanta got fucked.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know that this draft is really weak and Utah was picking 12th? I'm no fan of Hill but that was a decent trade for Utah. Atlanta got fucked.

The draft is definitely weak at the top, but there are lot of mid-first picks that could turn into solid players. Teague is much better, imo, than Hill and if Utah was looking to just move the #12 pick, they should have gone directly after Teague.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if we will see Milsap to the Suns for #4 or to the Raps for #10 and #27?

If they know Horford is gone, might as well blow it up.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we will see Milsap to the Suns for #4 or to the Raps for #10 and #27?

If they know Horford is gone, might as well blow it up.

Is this going to be full-rebuild in Atlanta? Is Hortford for sure leaving?

I think Boston will target Millsap hard with that 3rd pick.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah has a lot of young guards.....I wonder if they trade one or flip Hill to another team....

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If all Utah got from their end was George Hill, they lost out on this deal. I have to believe there was another pick included.

This was a great deal for Utah. Exum is not ready, and Hill will get them to the playoffs this year. 12 pick would not have been as good. You have more control, but nobody was going to play for them that they drafted there.

Utah has a lot of young guards.....I wonder if they trade one or flip Hill to another team....

I don't think so. Burke and Neto have no value, Mack is the 3rd PG, Exum is not ready, so this year he will get some seasoning. Hill is for sure a stop gap to get Exum up to speed.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a great deal for Utah. Exum is not ready, and Hill will get them to the playoffs this year. 12 pick would not have been as good. You have more control, but nobody was going to play for them that they drafted there.

I don't think so. Burke and Neto have no value, Mack is the 3rd PG, Exum is not ready, so this year he will get some seasoning. Hill is for sure a stop gap to get Exum up to speed.

I think Hill was definitely an upgrade, I just think Teague was the better player. If they ended up with Hill and a Pick, it would have been easier for me to understand. I think Teague would have fit really well there, especially with his scoring ability. If all Atlanta was able to get back was the #12, I thought Utah would have been better off just going straight after Teague.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this going to be full-rebuild in Atlanta? Is Hortford for sure leaving?

I think Boston will target Millsap hard with that 3rd pick.

I'm just guessing.

But, if Milsap gets dealt, that would clear up any confusion.

I'm sure they have a sense of whAt Horford wants to do and what they are willing to pay him.

If the two don't matchup, they need to blow it up.

Ps. Good call on the Celtics.

He'd be awesome in Beantown.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hill was definitely an upgrade, I just think Teague was the better player. If they ended up with Hill and a Pick, it would have been easier for me to understand. I think Teague would have fit really well there, especially with his scoring ability. If all Atlanta was able to get back was the #12, I thought Utah would have been better off just going straight after Teague.

Indiana says they are going to sign Teague to a contract extension.

Maybe Teague was on board for that.... but not on board for a contract extension in Utah.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Teague is the better player, but he is purely a PG as well. Hill being able to slide to the 2 if needed while Exum gets his minutes is nice versatillity to have. Jazz have too many PG's to begin with.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The draft is definitely weak at the top, but there are lot of mid-first picks that could turn into solid players. Teague is much better, imo, than Hill and if Utah was looking to just move the #12 pick, they should have gone directly after Teague.

Arguable that Hill is a better fit for the Utah roster than Teague. Teague is a better scorer, Hill a better defender. Teague is more of a driver, ball commander. Hill more of a spot-up shooter, swing passer. With 2 bigs, and Heyward who's a driver and has the ball in his hands a lot, I think Hill's style fits better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indiana says they are going to sign Teague to a contract extension.

Maybe Teague was on board for that.... but not on board for a contract extension in Utah.

Good call.

Both Hill and Jeff have one year left on their deals.

So, Atlanta did well getting #12 for a guy that could be a rental.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call.

Both Hill and Jeff have one year left on their deals.

So, Atlanta did well getting #12 for a guy that could be a rental.

And they have the freedom to go in any direction they want regarding the player. In a draft where 9-20 look very close, not a bad coup.

Maybe it'll be a win-win-win.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone want to trade a draft pick for Swaggy P?

Pretty please?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we did bad in this trade. I had been anticipating Indiana as one of the teams we would trade Teague to. A first rounder was a lot more than I was realistically expecting for a guy that's basically a rental right now. I mean, there was the Noel trade that there were talks about, but from what I hear, they were offering deals to a lot of teams. So, they were basically just throwing shit on a wall and seeing what would stick, with Teague for Noel not being one of those shits to stick. I'm hoping we can get a true center (in the event we do not sign one like Whiteside or Biyombo), or maybe an SG with that pick.

Overall, I think this trade was as good as it was going to get for Teague.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we did bad in this trade. I had been anticipating Indiana as one of the teams we would trade Teague to. A first rounder was a lot more than I was realistically expecting for a guy that's basically a rental right now. I mean, there was the Noel trade that there were talks about, but from what I hear, they were offering deals to a lot of teams. So, they were basically just throwing shit on a wall and seeing what would stick, with Teague for Noel not being one of those shits to stick. I'm hoping we can get a true center (in the event we do not sign one like Whiteside or Biyombo), or maybe an SG with that pick.

Overall, I think this trade was as good as it was going to get for Teague.

Poeltl might be there. He will never be a star, but I can see a Zaza type career, if he can add to his mid range game

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, glad to see Teague get stuck on a good team. I think Indiana could be a pretty tough team next year. Teague and George together will be a good combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.