• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NBA Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In previous seasons Mozgov was considered to be a decent player. He has been injured, is getting older, and teams are shifting away from big lumbering centers.

it's why I was hoping for Bismack. least the guy can run the floor better...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In previous seasons Mozgov was considered to be a decent player. He has been injured, is getting older, and teams are shifting away from big lumbering centers.
the one positive i drew from it was that at least he will give the kids a little confidence playing defense and be behind them to clean up some mistakes. if nothing else- he is a very solid rim protector.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
k, starting to calm down a little. I understand center is a position of need here. I understand you need a rim protector...

but this guy? you have gotta be kidding me...

This has to be the final straw for Jim Buss, right? Can't see him recovering from this.

Besides, this was like the first deal done. It isn't like the Lakers pitched a bunch of other guys, struck out and had to throw money at somebody. They signed him early to a long term deal, which makes it look as if he were their top priority.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has to be the final straw for Jim Buss, right? Can't see him recovering from this.

Besides, this was like the first deal done. It isn't like the Lakers pitched a bunch of other guys, struck out and had to throw money at somebody. They signed him early to a long term deal, which makes it look as if he were their top priority.
the years is the thing that really strikes me as not very smart....

if the Lakers young players continue to improve to a point where they might be able to attract a big time free agent- Mozzy is gonna be sitting there taking up a little less than 20% of your cap.....

2 years i think would have been fine.....4 years for a 30 year old center coming off a season where he really suffered from knee surgery seems excessive.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

been hearing lately that there's been a whole lotta ugly happening between the Buss siblings of late. who knows WHAT any of 'em are thinking...?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

not saying this is the case--- because who knows--- but the nightmare scenario is that Buss spends their cap room on guys like Mozgov to try and win as much as possible in the short term to make himself look better at the expense of the long term plan...

or- we might just be all overeacting and the Lakers still have like +50M in cap room still left and at least have a starting center.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the years is the thing that really strikes me as not very smart....

if the Lakers young players continue to improve to a point where they might be able to attract a big time free agent- Mozzy is gonna be sitting there taking up a little less than 20% of your cap.....

2 years i think would have been fine.....4 years for a 30 year old center coming off a season where he really suffered from knee surgery seems excessive.

Forgetting the money, it is what it is, but if it's true he was a bit down last year because of injury, then don't you feel it is a loss for the Cavs?
It's not like theyre flush with bigs.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
been hearing lately that there's been a whole lotta ugly happening between the Buss siblings of late. who knows WHAT any of 'em are thinking...?

Never thought I would say this, but...

I feel sorry for Laker fans. Regardless of history and young talent, they are not turning this thing around until the organizational dysfunction gets cleaned up.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a sentence no one in the last 50 years saw coming....

Lakers are signing a Cleveland player so they can have some championship experience on the roster :D

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This...^^^^
Where was the fire?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a sentence no one in the last 50 years saw coming....

Lakers are signing a Cleveland player so they can have some championship experience on the roster :D

Maybe James Jones to follow...:D

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgetting the money, it is what it is, but if it's true he was a bit down last year because of injury, then don't you feel it is a loss for the Cavs?

They can get a body or two on min type deals. Since all they need is Thompson injury insurance, they will be fine.

On a side note, Mozzy getting almost as much as Thompson. WTF?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that skill set is just not that important to the Cavs...they would rather be more flexible and have more shooting and be able to go small i think.....Mozgov would have been at best a bench player and he didnt want that--possibly the 4th big- thats why i was not surprised he was not coming back. Frye passed him up.

in a perfect world mozgov would be the 4th big at like 5-6 million a year...he wanted to start.

Dude gets 65 million, a starting job, and is going to the Lakers to continue the proud tradition of Shaq, Kareem, Dwight, etc. lol.......good for him.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can get a body or two on min type deals. Since all they need is Thompson injury insurance, they will be fine.

A year ago, wouldn't most have felt Moz was worth more then Tristan?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it is a bit of a loss for the Cavs.

Frye is a great backup in the frount court.... but this leave's Sasha Kaun as the only big rim protector on the roster. If TT or Frye or Love go down to injury things get really lean in the frontcourt. They're going to need to do something about that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

practically identical...i think tristan averages 16.2 and mozzy 16.....and their contracts are now for the same exact length and practically the same exact dollars.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that skill set is just not that important to the Cavs...they would rather be more flexible and have more shooting and be able to go small i think.....Mozgov would have been at best a bench player and he didnt want that--possibly the 4th big- thats why i was not surprised he was not coming back. Frye passed him up.

in a perfect world mozgov would be the 4th big at like 5-6 million a year...he wanted to start.

Dude gets 65 million, a starting job, and is going to the Lakers to continue the proud tradition of Shaq, Kareem, Dwight, etc. lol.......good for him.

You mention keep for 5-6M.
I thought money wouldn't ever be a factor?

I do think James will be more of the mindset to keep Delly, though, then Moz.

Status
Not open for further replies.