• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 Free Agency Talk

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Peyton can get healthier next year, and we pickup some talent at center and left tackle via FA and/or the draft it could actually be a good fit.

Mannion could learn from a sure fire first ballot HOFer, Peyton could rely on a stout Rams defense and running game and should the change of scenery for all bless our Rams and we pull off what the Broncos did last year, than Peyton throws his hat in the ring as the GOAT.

Along with all of PM's other career accomplishments, he would have won 3 rings with 3 different teams. There is actually something to consider here for Peyton.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO NO, let the man run into the sunset. Manning at this point is not health enough to play a full season. The only reason he should come to the rams is as a coach to help foles, keenum and mannion become great qbs. This guy has nothing physical left in the tank.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO NO NO NO, let the man run into the sunset. Manning at this point is not health enough to play a full season. The only reason he should come to the rams is as a coach to help foles, keenum and mannion become great qbs. This guy has nothing physical left in the tank.
He just won the Super Bowl....I'd say he has a lot left in his tank. I don't think he will come to the Rams but I think the Rams would make the playoffs next season if he did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He just won the Super Bowl....I'd say he has a lot left in his tank. I don't think he will come to the Rams but I think the Rams would make the playoffs next season if he did.

He was on the team that won the Super Bowl. He missed 6 games, completed less than 60% for the first time since his rookie year, and threw only 9 TDs against 17 picks. He was rated worse than Foles and Keenum. There's no reason to expect him to get better behind the Rams' line IMO.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a mentor for Mannion, hire Manning as a QB coach. He's done as a player as shopson exquisitely stated above. The Rams just released Jeff Garcia and Weinke. He'd be a great coach demanding excellence and all and he would expose Fisher by default for the dolt that Fisher is. Keep Fisher around for a couple of years, groom Manning as a coach, and then, voila, you have your next head coach!

Last edited:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Manning got lucky?

Sometimes its better than being good, but watching the AFC championship and superbowl its pretty obvious he's not physically in good shape. I think the broncos were like 2-15 on third down in the those 2 games or something like that.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was in response to Magic Johnson recruiting Manning as the Rams QB and how it would be a fit for Peyton, not the other way around.

But since we are comparing PM's last years stats to the Rams QB's, I would be more inclined to gamble with a declining star such as Manning as opposed to going with Case or Nick regardless of PM's last years look.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My post was in response to Magic Johnson recruiting Manning as the Rams QB and how it would be a fit for Peyton, not the other way around.

But since we are comparing PM's last years stats to the Rams QB's, I would be more inclined to gamble with a declining star such as Manning as opposed to going with Case or Nick regardless of PM's last years look.

:< i didn't quote your post tho :< :noidea:

guess i should have quoted the post with the article :<

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes its better than being good, but watching the AFC championship and superbowl its pretty obvious he's not physically in good shape. I think the broncos were like 2-15 on third down in the those 2 games or something like that
that was my favorite Chick Hearn quote Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...:D

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was my favorite Chick Hearn quote Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...:D
Isn't that a variation from the Napoleon quote?

"I do not want a good General, I want a lucky one" - Napoleon​

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Manning got lucky?
Back to your original question Bunct.

I don't think Manning was lucky, he found himself a team that had a decent running game and pretty good defense.

Sound familiar?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on the team that won the Super Bowl. He missed 6 games, completed less than 60% for the first time since his rookie year, and threw only 9 TDs against 17 picks. He was rated worse than Foles and Keenum. There's no reason to expect him to get better behind the Rams' line IMO.

I totally agree, and have stated the same elsewhere. osweiller outplayed Manning all year, and I think Denver still wins SB with Brock at QB!! Manning was along for the ride!

While our D is good, it's not Denver good, our oline isn't as good either, and Manning was getting hit behind Denver's oline. I'd rather have a young QB handing the ball off to Gurley if that's what we are going to be doing, Manning doesn't throw the deep ball that well anymore and if we get behind that's what we need, we already have guys that can throw the ball short and not very accurately!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like we signed the most puzzling player off of a PS. Kain Coulter. A short and smallish QB/WR. What are they going to do with this guy? Is this the second coming of Eric Couch and did the Rams quietly hire Mike Martz? Go figure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coulter could be a "swiss army knife" kind of player, sort of like Tavon. He ran the ball more than he threw in college. I must admit that I love the idea of a RB/WR that can throw the ball effectively; just adds that extra doubt into the defender as to what could be coming.

That said, he's no guarantee to make the roster. I would assume this is kind of like inviting someone to spring training, a camp body that has a (remote?) chance to make the roster.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea shopson. Maybe Johnny Hekker's utility had the FO thinking they could add another multi-skilled player to keep defenses guessing. Problem is, unlike Hekker, this guy is pretty small by NFL standards. Maybe they wanted to forget the Manziel idea? Who knows.