• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 BUST league

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In fact, I think if a guy gets hurt, you should still score 80% of his season average. The playoff winner is just the team with the most hurt guys in December. That sucks.

I do kind of agree with you when it comes to injuries... Yes, it is part of the exercise, but it shouldn't define it...

MAYBE we can give a point per game played... Injury or missed games is still a huge positive, but at least it would be less affected...

The one thing I do feel very strongly about is the 2 QB... The way I see it we are trying to predict the players we don't like, if you only own one QB then it makes it too easy to draft that player and makes them rather useless in the draft... Drafting 2 QBs makes more strategy IMO...

What I am willing to do though is change the scoring for a QB, maybe make -4 points per TD instead of -6 and 3 instead of 2 for interception thrown.

But we can talk about this later. I first want to know if all members are rejoining. And whether we should expand to more owners

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do kind of agree with you when it comes to injuries... Yes, it is part of the exercise, but it shouldn't define it...

MAYBE we can give a point per game played... Injury or missed games is still a huge positive, but at least it would be less affected...

The one thing I do feel very strongly about is the 2 QB... The way I see it we are trying to predict the players we don't like, if you only own one QB then it makes it too easy to draft that player and makes them rather useless in the draft... Drafting 2 QBs makes more strategy IMO...

What I am willing to do though is change the scoring for a QB, maybe make -4 points per TD instead of -6 and 3 instead of 2 for interception thrown.

But we can talk about this later. I first want to know if all members are rejoining. And whether we should expand to more owners

I would be more okay with the 2 QB thing if we can fix the injury issue. I just don't think having a player get injured should drastically help your team. Even in this format.

If a guy is inactive, the owner should have to replace him with either some position average score or some percentage of that player's weekly average.

There is no perfect solution, but last year's playoffs was basically over before it started because Chef had so many hurt players. We need to figure a way to make that better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no perfect solution, but last year's playoffs was basically over before it started because Chef had so many hurt players. We need to figure a way to make that better.

He had 4 players not playing due to injuries or suspension/released. Manning, Jeffery., V. Jackson and Joesph Randle.

Think he was pretty smart to see the first three as injuries risk. kind of the point of the league I thought. In a regular league you simply let others draft these guys, in this league, you want to be the one drafting them.

As for 2 QBs seems like a necessary evil IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 4 players not playing due to injuries or suspension/released. Manning, Jeffery., V. Jackson and Joesph Randle.

Think he was pretty smart to see the first three as injuries risk. kind of the point of the league I thought. In a regular league you simply let others draft these guys, in this league, you want to be the one drafting them.

As for 2 QBs seems like a necessary evil IMO.

The point of the league was to draft busts. Injuries are a part of that, which is why I am suggesting a percentage of the players' average score. Maybe 80% is too high, but zeros are too low.

Still though, being injury prone does not mean the guy will get hurt. Jeffrey didn't have the same level of injury risk prior to last season that is associated with him now. Taking Jeffery was a huge risk. Had he been healthy, he could have been a top 5 WR. Same with Manning on the QB side. He was actually ranked top 5 preseason by many.

My stance is simple. I would rather see the league decided by who drafted best, not by who had the best injury luck. There is a big difference between a guy losing his job and getting hurt.

I think Chef had a good (bad?) team anyway, but that is not the point. the playoffs is a total crapshoot as set up.

The other option, which I think we suggested last year is just to do away with head to head and simply see who scores the least points for the season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are the #1 reason players busts, that includes players who play thru injuries and perform poorly because of it. There are other reasons, over hyped above actual talent level, injuries to supporting cast of players and just having a off year, but over all injuries are the main cause. So if your drafting for busts that got to be one of your main consideration. Towards the end of the draft we all had to pick a stud. Chef picked Jeffery, I picked J. Jones :L. As for luck, well every league winner needs a bit of luck, it's not a 100% skill, no matter how good you are.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries are the #1 reason players busts, that includes players who play thru injuries and perform poorly because of it. There are other reasons, over hyped above actual talent level, injuries to supporting cast of players and just having a off year, but over all injuries are the main cause. So if your drafting for busts that got to be one of your main consideration. Towards the end of the draft we all had to pick a stud. Chef picked Jeffery, I picked J. Jones :L. As for luck, well every league winner needs a bit of luck, it's not a 100% skill, no matter how good you are.

No, but I feel this league was closer to 100% luck.

And I strongly disagree with the statement that injuries are the number 1 reason players bust. For the elite players, yes, but not for guys drafted rounds 4 and higher. That is a lot about situation and talent.

The other point is that in a normal league, if a guy gets hurt and Is inactive you replace him. You don't simply start a zero. even in suicide we have 5 bench spots. Maybe do something similar here? You have Gurley on your bench so you are actually praying that your RB5 stays healthy.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to replace injuried players with bench players sounds fine, what happens if bench players are injuried also?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having to replace injuried players with bench players sounds fine, what happens if bench players are injuried also?

I don't know. Maybe you have to replace that guy with a somewhat high score? Like 20 for QB (depending on scoring) and 12 for RB/WR?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chef had a good (bad?) team anyway, but that is not the point. the playoffs is a total crapshoot as set up.

Honestly, I played by the rules. And if you look back, I was pretty much ridiculed by my choices.

So...crapshoot, sour grapes, bad luck , or whatever?

And, sir? The point is winning your league...especially in a format like this, is it not?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one I have no opinion on, injuries, zeros, percentages, whatever

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I played by the rules. And if you look back, I was pretty much ridiculed by my choices.

And, sir? The point is winning your league...especially in a format like this, is it not?

Dang right, Chef. You had the best(worse) team. You won fair and square.

c7fb7cb7-28d5-4846-9597-dbe0ccad955b.png

If anyone got lucky, it was me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You deserved to win. I think even before the injuries you had one of the worst teams (worst being good in this case).

Just saying I think it should be decided by who has the worst players, not the most injuries.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the way the league was but also understand what Tlance is saying. A compromise would be to have a bench and the rule that you have to bench as many injured players as possible while still fielding a full lineup. But how would you set up the rules and what would be the penalty?

BTW Tlance this league was scored both H2H and total points.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance @Chef99 ,@HaroldSeattle ,@obxyankeefan ,@TREFF ,@broncosmitty ,@wilwhite

Here are the potential solutions to what Tlance has mentioned(which i do agree is a problem)

1. Keep as is
2. Change QB scoring(-4 per TD, +3 per interception, and maybe even yards too)
3. use TEAM QBs
4. Have a one man bench that must be a QB and owners MUST change the player for themselves

I had other solutions i liked, but this is a draft and forget league, not sure if we want to make a more complicated solution...

I personally think the best solution is choice 2...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, I have little to no opinion one way or the other, but it seems to me that if the main concern was trying to lessen the "luck" impact of injuries affecting who wins the playoffs, than the idea that was floated earlier, I think by Tlance, of eliminating head to head and just going by overall points, is the simplest way to do it. A "bust" isn't a week to week proposition anyways, it's a year long process, might as well eliminate the week to week aspect, and judge the entire season at one time.

But again, I honestly don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. Only mention it becuase a)it wasn't one if the options you presented, and b) it involves zero changes to the scoring, roster makeup, and leaves the "draft and forget" aspect intact

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, I have little to no opinion one way or the other, but it seems to me that if the main concern was trying to lessen the "luck" impact of injuries affecting who wins the playoffs, than the idea that was floated earlier, I think by Tlance, of eliminating head to head and just going by overall points, is the simplest way to do it. A "bust" isn't a week to week proposition anyways, it's a year long process, might as well eliminate the week to week aspect, and judge the entire season at one time.

But again, I honestly don't feel strongly about it one way or the other. Only mention it becuase a)it wasn't one if the options you presented, and b) it involves zero changes to the scoring, roster makeup, and leaves the "draft and forget" aspect intact

It was supposed to be overall in the first place, but wilwhite came up with the H2H idea, and we all thought it would be fun... Still do think the H2H is fun...

But certainly another option...