• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2016 All-Star game and break

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't feel comfortable with Martin in the October rotation. Maybe he flips a switch at some point this year and discovers his greatness, but right now, I'd probably slot Griffin ahead of him.
AJ's last two games were too short to put in front of anybody right now. Hopefully he gets back to form soon.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't feel comfortable with Martin in the October rotation. Maybe he flips a switch at some point this year and discovers his greatness, but right now, I'd probably slot Griffin ahead of him.

4 innings and done Griffin? You have to be kidding :L

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give up Gallo for Lucroy and his 1 1/2 years of control. Obvious an upgrade but I would rather roll the dice on Gallo. I want Maz and him teaming up. Big Profar fan but think he is a guy who can be dealtfor a pitcher we can control. But if we don't he sure Ian an insurance policy at multiple positions. Mitch will be gone and Rua and Gallo and him him could get time there. I wonder how long we ride the Prince wagon

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Colby not getting the nod so Derek could pitch was a regrettable decision in Toronto. He has a playoff temperament despite less talent then Dutch. And yes Dutch's talent has declined a lot IMO

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Colby not getting the nod so Derek could pitch was a regrettable decision in Toronto. He has a playoff temperament despite less talent then Dutch. And yes Dutch's talent has declined a lot IMO

Major fuck up by Banny.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ could outperform Martin the rest of the way, but that is not what I am expecting. Then again, I seem to be the only one not giving up on Derek so what do I know.

I wouldn't mind trading for a controllable pitcher who could be a lot better than a #5, but I would just as soon wait until the offseason so we can see what we have in the fold. Let's see where guys like Holland, Perez, Darvish, Lewis, Gallo, Profar, Brinson, Cordell, Guzman, Ortiz, Sadzeck, and Mendez are before making a big decision concerning who to give up for what.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major fuck up by Banny.

Had to go Colby against Rays. Could have seen Dutch against KC. Re Gfiffen brouhaha I see AJ just throwing his stuff out ther and if it gets hit it gets hit. Martin is more talented but he is nibbling wasting pitches. He needs to trust his stuff more and get that deadly change back.

Other point is who and where you play is a factor of who gets the nod. AJ in a pitcher friendly park where HR ball does not matter but maybe Perez gets the nod in the Globe or in Yankee park that favors LHB. All factors.

Regardless they both do not look like #3 SP. Hope they changes. Let's see how Dutch does after rehab. To me his stuff has regressed

Last edited:

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main issue with Perez is if shit starts going wrong, he crumbles. Stakes are higher in the postseason... which, if I'm being honest, is foolish to be discussing at this point. Not sure why I dove into that.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Main issue with Perez is if shit starts going wrong, he crumbles. Stakes are higher in the postseason... which, if I'm being honest, is foolish to be discussing at this point. Not sure why I dove into that.

By all means dive. I am prone to dive myself. If would be a pretty boring site if no one dived into anything. I hope Martin turns it around again. He has the stuff to be a really god pitcher

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm crossing my fingers that the twinkies were just really hot, but we might have a " Twinkie" hang over. I sure hope not.

I think pitching help is coming soon via trade. Sooner than last year.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only need 4 SP for the playoffs. So depending on Holland's return yes it could be AJ. But way too far out .

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like any of our options for the #4 playoff starter. Perez has the maturity level of a child and is anything but the bulldog you need for the playoffs (like Colby). Griffin is good once through the lineup, but he wastes too many pitches and rarely makes it past 4-5 innings these days without running into trouble or tiring. And Derek Holland is the picture of inconsistency and fragility.

Give the Rangers a legit #3/4 and I'd be very confident in a Darvish-Hamels-Lewis-New Guy playoff rotation. And as it's been mentioned already, we haven't even made the playoffs yet nor do we know how well Darvish, Lewis, and/or Holland look when (or if) they make it back. Having another legit healthy starter instead of having to use our AAA trash like we have lately would go a long way toward that playoff berth.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't give up Gallo for Lucroy and his 1 1/2 years of control. Obvious an upgrade but I would rather roll the dice on Gallo. I want Maz and him teaming up. Big Profar fan but think he is a guy who can be dealtfor a pitcher we can control. But if we don't he sure Ian an insurance policy at multiple positions. Mitch will be gone and Rua and Gallo and him him could get time there. I wonder how long we ride the Prince wagon

I'm probably in the minority... but i'd rather keep Profar over Odor...

I love Rougie, but he needs to develop some plate discipline. Learn to take a walk once in a while.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am at the wait and see position with AJ. He was lights out before the injury. If he is able to get back to that level or close then it is a no brainer to have him the rotation in the playoffs.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably in the minority... but i'd rather keep Profar over Odor...

I love Rougie, but he needs to develop some plate discipline. Learn to take a walk once in a while.
I understand how you feel. I think Profar will have the better career of the two. In addition to that I think Odor has the higher trade value currently.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roogie extension talks break down. He turned down 6 years 35 million with 2 option years.