• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick comment, You wont see me as a neutral fan, but I agree and have been bothered by this all throughout the playoffs. I am so tired of trying to explain to the missus "why that wasnt a penalty" when it clearly was. Playoff hockey is different and its because of the refereeing.

/Lou, take note while building the Leafs. A team full of smurfs wont do anything in the playoffs, just because of the refereeing

I don't know if it's getting worse, or if I've just noticed it more but it seems to me like the last four years the playoffs have been played by a completely different set of rules as the regular season.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if it's getting worse, or if I've just noticed it more but it seems to me like the last four years the playoffs have been played by a completely different set of rules as the regular season.
Just four?

I think the playoffs have always been played by a different set of rules and that they change as the playoffs go on. What was a penalty in game 1 of the first round isn't a penalty in game 1 of the second, and so on.

And that's without even getting into phantom memos and shit.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just four?

I think the playoffs have always been played by a different set of rules and that they change as the playoffs go on. What was a penalty in game 1 of the first round isn't a penalty in game 1 of the second, and so on.

And that's without even getting into phantom memos and shit.

Yeah, I know. But it just seems like it's been even more noticeable the last few.

Maybe I am just getting more crotchety.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win Nashville. Pens need to hold serve. Anderson was great and won that for you...

Malkin another no show. And Maata and Doumalin suck...don't know what game the announcers are watching when they compliment Doumalin, but he was shit...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to go look, but that would surprise me. Favored for sure, but 90%?

I am not liking the Preds chances but only because Rinne has been so Bernier-like and I dont think Lavy has the stones to start Saros.

The entire vibe in Nashville will be very different, and yes, it will influence the officiating. Unlike some Pens fans, I do believe overall Nashville has gotten the short end of the whistle. Combine that with some awful tending by Rinne, and its 2-0.

Can that change? Sure, but I have my doubts.

I now pronounce you "Nostra-dumbass"

And now its a best of 3. I have no idea what will happen next. Which Rinne shows up in Pittsburgh? Where's Geno? Will Phil eat a hot dog? All I do know is that Philip Pritchard will not be in Pennsylvania this week.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hainsey needs to sit. He's an anchor on Dumoulin, and it's finally starting to drag him down. We have a player who can pass and a player who can skate sitting out. Pick one, because Hainsey can't do either.

I don't know why Pittsburgh media keeps focusing on Murray v. Fleury when the goalie clearly doesn't matter if we keep running out a defenseman for 20+ minutes a night who has no skills which allow him to clear the zone.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hainsey needs to sit. He's an anchor on Dumoulin, and it's finally starting to drag him down. We have a player who can pass and a player who can skate sitting out. Pick one, because Hainsey can't do either.

I don't know why Pittsburgh media keeps focusing on Murray v. Fleury when the goalie clearly doesn't matter if we keep running out a defenseman for 20+ minutes a night who has no skills which allow him to clear the zone.

I agree Hainsey is brutal but who do you want in? Can't be Streit.

It's really too bad Pouliot never panned out. I can't imagine he will at this point, because if you're not cracking the lineup at this point, you never will. Really could've used his skillset around now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Hainsey is brutal but who do you want in? Can't be Streit.

It's really too bad Pouliot never panned out. I can't imagine he will at this point, because if you're not cracking the lineup at this point, you never will. Really could've used his skillset around now.

Streit can at least pass a bit. He's just as immobile as Hainsey, but he's not nearly as brutal handling the puck. I think I'd lean toward Ruhwedel at this point, though. He's not very skilled, but he's a much better skater than Hainsey, and that could be a big deal against a team as fast as the Preds.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly amazing to me that the Pens have made it this far with this lunch bucket defense corps - and the thing is they might still win the Cup.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is truly amazing to me that the Pens have made it this far with this lunch bucket defense corps - and the thing is they might still win the Cup.

The expansion draft might be a good thing for the Pens moving forward. They almost have to unload Fleury to ensure they get something in return just in case he gets taken for free since they can't protect both him and Murray, and that could save enough money to get a true, steady blueliner.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Murray is the better chance to win. I don't get that debate.

As for d-men it is either Hainsey, Streit, Guance or Warsofsky. I don't think Ruhwedel is healthy?
In this case it is like putting lipstick on a pig.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The expansion draft might be a good thing for the Pens moving forward. They almost have to unload Fleury to ensure they get something in return just in case he gets taken for free since they can't protect both him and Murray, and that could save enough money to get a true, steady blueliner.

Last year the Penguins showed you win with speed.
The Predators matched that not only on forward but on defense this year. Have a feeling any d-man with speed this offseason will come at a major premium.