• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also for looking exhausted, their defense is done. Shultz, Daley, Maatta and Hainsey all look slow and are getting lazy with the puck in their own end. Doumolin and Cole are the only two with anything left but they aren't much better.

Holy Christ, Hainsey had one of the worst shifts I've ever seen in the third. Just could not get it out, despite time and space. I can't believe the Pens are even here with a group of D significantly worse than last year, which was already considered one of the worst to win a cup.

Murray is an interesting goalie. I find he's not that great on "clean" shots - like that breakaway today. He makes up for it on his phenomenal rebound control and game flow management. Still like him over Fleury, but he can get beat on some pretty average play.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Christ, Hainsey had one of the worst shifts I've ever seen in the third. Just could not get it out, despite time and space. I can't believe the Pens are even here with a group of D significantly worse than last year, which was already considered one of the worst to win a cup.

Murray is an interesting goalie. I find he's not that great on "clean" shots - like that breakaway today. He makes up for it on his phenomenal rebound control and game flow management. Still like him over Fleury, but he can get beat on some pretty average play.

Same here over MAF. Yeah his glove hand on clear shots is scary bad but you put traffic in front of him he is a very good goalie.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, look who shows up! :thumb: Nice to see you still care.

If by care you mean looked at my phone app to see the score and posted two words on the topic. Then yes, I care. ;) So far I've logged 4 minutes of watching this series.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by care you mean looked at my phone app to see the score and posted two words on the topic. Then yes, I care. ;) So far I've logged 4 minutes of watching this series.

You should really watch Game 5. I feel like the Pens could use their lucky charm! :D

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should really watch Game 5. I feel like the Pens could use their lucky charm! :D

I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

I'd also say that's pretty cold. Insert choice of...
spoiled Pittsburgh fans that almost lost franchise are not deserving of 1 cup let alone 4
lick my balls
stop slagging off DC, we employ half your city
Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller are overrated as fuck

...here in response.

Get what you wanted?

Reactions: 006

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

spoiled Pittsburgh fans that almost lost franchise are not deserving of 1 cup let alone 4
lick my balls
Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller flat out suck

...here in response.

Get what you wanted?

FIFY

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens must find a way to get through the neutral zone and possess the pick in Nashville's end.

For you Predators fans, the neutral zone is the space on the frozen water between those two blue ish lines, and the Nashville end is where the man with the big pads and the picture of the cat on his shirt stands for the whole game.
AKA the space that the preds have owned...................

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens must find a way to get through the neutral zone and possess the pick in Nashville's end.

For you Predators fans, the neutral zone is the space on the frozen water between those two blue ish lines, and the Nashville end is where the man with the big pads and the picture of the cat on his shirt stands for the whole game.
EsNMFa4.png

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lick my balls
Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller are overrated as fuck

...here in response.

Get what you wanted?

1. That's fair
2. Pics?
3. I'd need to see empirical data to back up that claim. If only we knew a scientist.
4. True, but either of them may have done a better job at the national anthem than what "music city" had to offer.

Stay cranky, my friend.

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted last Thursday

Posted today

I still don't agree, but I like the consistency :D
You can continue to be wrong, but be warned: Every time you're wrong PK grows another undigested piece of corn. FYI. :D

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also... the past two anthems are two of the worst I've ever heard. Moozak Shity? Ugh.

So it's not just hockey, Pittsburgh is also better at music. FYI.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, they whistled that dead because it hit Subban in the knee? Or did something else happen?

At least the Columbus fans will be happy...:D

friends-mom-mixed-up-pajama-day-and-picture-day-meme.jpg

They knew he only needed the soccer magic spray and would be better.

Maybe we should have squirted some of that in Werenski's eyes.

Personally, I think it's a near universal hate of the Pens that drives that narrative.

It's not universal hate of the Pens on my part, there's a lot to like about that team. For me it's getting damn tired of hearing about them ALL THE DAMN TIME.

Not fair necessarily to the players, it's the league's marketing. And if Pierre McGuire got hit by a meteor I'd be happy.

Yeah some of those passes were just pathetic.

That's Nashville's structure for ya. Every time it looks like there's a lane, they close it. Make passes through it? Doesn't work. Carry it in? Doesn't work. Dump and chase? Rinne gets to it first.

Pens don't have that "go for the jugular" instinct this season. They let both the Senators and Capitals back into those series. They look exhausted. The one hopeful aspect that is that they've usually played well once the series is tied up. Game 5 will be really telling how much they have in the bank.

There are two reasons why a repeat is so damn tough in hockey. One is parity to the point a #16 seed is pretty damn close talent wise to the top 5 teams, and the second is it's a really long, demanding season.

Can't blame the Pens for looking tired. And remember, they are still two wins away from the cup.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious what neutral fans think. I want the Pens to win, but I also think that the "letting them play" philosophy really backfires when this is the result.

Quick comment, You wont see me as a neutral fan, but I agree and have been bothered by this all throughout the playoffs. I am so tired of trying to explain to the missus "why that wasnt a penalty" when it clearly was. Playoff hockey is different and its because of the refereeing.

/Lou, take note while building the Leafs. A team full of smurfs wont do anything in the playoffs, just because of the refereeing