• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guido threatened a fan with a stick slash after a yellow towel hit him

Estimated damage to fan/anyone else: zero

Hell I might even argue that throwing the towel was worse than what Malkin did, at least there was actual force/contact.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked you to quote only because you mentioned Kessel. Or as he is known in our house "F--k Kessel". We are kind, we give him a first name.

Needless to say, enjoyed the game. Not at all surprised at the content of the game posts on here. Complaints about Irwin and PK. Wow, that's all the Pens crowd has?

Back to my Kessel point. You don't like PK giving Crosby and Guetzel some advice on where to go for karaoke, but nothing is said about the bitch hit from behind by Kessel near the end of the game? Kessel? Phil Freakin Kessel is hitting someone? From behind??? And if talking is now somehow against the "code", well F Kessel violated that "rule" several times after his cheap shot.

Overreaction? Sure, but I am making a point. Both teams are committing the sins you all want to whine about, so just stop. Gracias.

Not at all surprised that it was a very different result. Home ice can make a huge difference and it did in #3. Would not surprised me to see the Preds win #4 and home ice is held until #7.

/ I am typing this very softly @UTVolCountry is still sleeping it off :suds:
// Martina McBride? Are you kidding? Were all the talented singers busy working somewhere on a Saturday? Step it up for #4 and 6, Preds front office.

Complaints? :rolleyes:

The Irwin comment was just that. We all know the other way around you would be screaming bloody murder and the Ref's cheat for the Penguins. Kind of sad how it is, thought we were well past those type of posts.

What Subban did was a punk move, no complaint another comment. And, as expected there is always the but..but..Crosby this, Malkin that.... comments.

As for what Malkin did after the game yeah that was a punk move, didn't see it until this morning.

As for the game, I am not update, I am a fan of the team that lost and the Predator fans that were on I congratulated them. If they win great for them and I would be happy for them.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, tonight I'm kinda wishing that I still lived in BG. I'd so would have been in downtown Nashville tonight...

After seeing that last night, I am thinking of making the 5 hour drive down Monday...

Man what a punk Subban was after the game. You won...

I caught that. I understand having words with Guentzel, but why bump Crosby and say something?

This makes me laugh. especially in light off all the cheapness and dirty stuff that's been happening all series both ways. An agitator talking smack to a Captain who has a temper? OH NOES!

If I'm PKs coach and he DOESN'T say something to the opposing captain coming off the ice, he's doing pushups in the locker room in front of everyone.

Kessel has been slumping since the Washington series. I have noticed he still gets all the chances he had before, but he has not been able to finish those chances.

The Predators have played a great series so far and could be up 3-0 with a little luck right now. They have out played the Penguins the entire series except for 5 minutes at the end of the 1st period in game 1, and the 3rd period of game 2.

Kessel clearly hit a boiling point last night. But I was annoyed by the coverage of how "great" Phil was for standing up for a teammate. In the regular season, that check from behind, followed by a slash toward a linesman trying to break it up would be a suspension.

But in the finals, it's "great".

Pens supposed stars, Malkin and Crosby with no shots...pathetic. Entire slug of a team pathetic...

So are they the team of destiny still?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing that last night, I am thinking of making the 5 hour drive down Monday...

This makes me laugh. especially in light off all the cheapness and dirty stuff that's been happening all series both ways. An agitator talking smack to a Captain who has a temper? OH NOES!

If I'm PKs coach and he DOESN'T say something to the opposing captain coming off the ice, he's doing pushups in the locker room in front of everyone.

Kessel clearly hit a boiling point last night. But I was annoyed by the coverage of how "great" Phil was for standing up for a teammate. In the regular season, that check from behind, followed by a slash toward a linesman trying to break it up would be a suspension.

So are they the team of destiny still?

If you read the other post it was the way he went about it. He was acting like a punk and to be ok with that, yeah sure you are...

It is nauseating all the Subban love can find just as much crap on him from the past, and post it (example: breaking Stone's wrist). If the love for him is due to his off ice contributions to communities? Then there should be zero hate for almost all players.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what PK did after the game was ok and his coaches would be pissed if he didn't but Kessel not ok?
I get it he frustrated and took it a step further but any player or ANY team would have stuck up for their teammate. That is nonsense to think otherwise.

That slash wasn't towards the linesman, there were two Predator players there also. In that type of situation I doubt that would have been a suspension in the regular season.

I don't think anything should come from Irwin's hits from behind either and it won't. All I said last night was, as WE ALL KNOW, that the Refs will be keeping a closer eye on him. Because if it happens again it will get out of hand.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Pens, this one was on me. At a wedding, and I was having too much fun with old friends, I was just peeking at the score, instead of sneaking outside to stream it. My fault.

Someone want to give me the scoop on the game? (Not the antics at the end.) Was the score a good indication? From the highlights, looks like the Preds had a few more odd man rushes...

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Pens, this one was on me. At a wedding, and I was having too much fun with old friends, I was just peeking at the score, instead of sneaking outside to stream it. My fault.

Someone want to give me the scoop on the game? (Not the antics at the end.) Was the score a good indication? From the highlights, looks like the Preds had a few more odd man rushes...

Seriously wasn't much a game and yes that score was a good indication. The Predators were the better team from start to finish.
Faster, stronger, better coached and played a very tight game. The odd man rushes were all indicative of them outplaying the Penguins in all aspects, especially special teams.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what PK did after the game was ok and his coaches would be pissed if he didn't but Kessel not ok?
I get it he frustrated and took it a step further but any player or ANY team would have stuck up for their teammate. That is nonsense to think otherwise.

That slash wasn't towards the linesman, there were two Predator players there also. In that type of situation I doubt that would have been a suspension in the regular season.

I don't think anything should come from Irwin's hits from behind either and it won't. All I said last night was, as WE ALL KNOW, that the Refs will be keeping a closer eye on him. Because if it happens again it will get out of hand.

1) It doesn't matter where the slash was aimed - there was a Linesman there. His presence there should have made Phil not take the swing. Players are expected to respect the authority of the stripes. Phil did not. I am not judging whether he was right or not to be angry at the Preds players, just stating that a player is expected to back off when an official is engaged. He did not do that. And so shortly after a hit from behind makes it look considerably worse.

2) This series has been out of hand since about halfway through game 1. Officials have been absolutely pathetic at keeping control. When Sid was hit by sticks from the bench in game 1 and the refs did nothing, it set the tone of "we can get away with a lot" and it snowballed from there. How it got that far last night before anyone got tossed is inexcusable.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously wasn't much a game and yes that score was a good indication. The Predators were the better team from start to finish.
Faster, stronger, better coached and played a very tight game. The odd man rushes were all indicative of them outplaying the Penguins in all aspects, especially special teams.

I thought the game was very even until the third period. Hey, Pens were up 1-0 after the first. The odd man rushes I remember really only started after it got to 3-1 and the Pens had to pinch to get a goal. Nashville were more effective on the forecheck then in the first two games for sure. But they were certainly not dominating.

Overall I thought it was a more even game then the score indicated.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) It doesn't matter where the slash was aimed - there was a Linesman there. His presence there should have made Phil not take the swing. Players are expected to respect the authority of the stripes. Phil did not. I am not judging whether he was right or not to be angry at the Preds players, just stating that a player is expected to back off when an official is engaged. He did not do that. And so shortly after a hit from behind makes it look considerably worse.

2) This series has been out of hand since about halfway through game 1. Officials have been absolutely pathetic at keeping control. When Sid was hit by sticks from the bench in game 1 and the refs did nothing, it set the tone of "we can get away with a lot" and it snowballed from there. How it got that far last night before anyone got tossed is inexcusable.

1. Totally agree with you. But the two Predator players were still approaching him when the Linesman was engaged. Thats why he did that, totally wrong..YES..but in the heat of the moment it happened. I think the context any time of the season they would not suspend any player in that situation.

2. Agree with you also. The refs still did a poor job last night giving out the misconducts at the end. Why Kessel didn't get one was stupid. I was just referring to that situation one with Irwin because of the number of times it has happened.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the game was very even until the third period. Hey, Pens were up 1-0 after the first. The odd man rushes I remember really only started after it got to 3-1 and the Pens had to pinch to get a goal. Nashville were more effective on the forecheck then in the first two games for sure. But they were certainly not dominating.

Overall I thought it was a more even game then the score indicated.

Yeah probably was even in the first period the Predators outshot them 12-6. Rinne was shaky in the first Period and Predators did a great job keeping the Penguins from getting good scoring chances. As soon as they scored that PP goal in the second, to tie the game the flood gates opened.

Also as soon as Malkin can get his head out of his a$$ and quit being stupid he might actually do something hockey related. I only remember the one good defensive play he made outside of that, he was back to his stupid passes, trying to do to much on his own and then trying to engage as a tough guy is the funniest thing ever.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Totally agree with you. But the two Predator players were still approaching him when the Linesman was engaged. Thats why he did that, totally wrong..YES..but in the heat of the moment it happened. I think the context any time of the season they would not suspend any player in that situation.

I can see your point. Perhaps if we amend the bolded with "depending on the player".

Shelby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Nashville wins the series. Cool city, cool people, cool music, cool team, just all around good stuff. Watching the first two games had me nervous but if they can play the rest of the series like they played last night then it could be very possible for them to win it all.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured this was coming. Nashville has dominated the series. About time it showed up on the score sheet. Got to think Pittsburgh comes back with a complete effort in Game 4.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured this was coming. Nashville has dominated the series. About time it showed up on the score sheet. Got to think Pittsburgh comes back with a complete effort in Game 4.

Maybe. Really hard to tell with the Pens this post season. I don't know if it's mental fatigue after two long playoff runs, but they have been unpredictable this year.

I thought they've played their best one the pressure was on, and leading 2-1, we're not there yet.

Murray tends to respond really well after a loss though, so maybe he can steal game 4...

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens come out tonight and play. They were embarrassed to have their top players not have a SOG. Malkin and Crosby won't let that happen. Rinne is in for a world of hurt.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens come out tonight and play. They were embarrassed to have their top players not have a SOG. Malkin and Crosby won't let that happen. Rinne is in for a world of hurt.

"said Kane and Toews in the first round"

Should be a good one :suds: