• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against weaker Western opposition. Doesn't have much value here.

Teams that go 2-0 up in the Cup Final have won the series something like 90% of the time. That's history.

Not going to go look, but that would surprise me. Favored for sure, but 90%?

I am not liking the Preds chances but only because Rinne has been so Bernier-like and I dont think Lavy has the stones to start Saros.

The entire vibe in Nashville will be very different, and yes, it will influence the officiating. Unlike some Pens fans, I do believe overall Nashville has gotten the short end of the whistle. Combine that with some awful tending by Rinne, and its 2-0.

Can that change? Sure, but I have my doubts.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not liking the Preds chances but only because Rinne has been so Bernier-like and I dont think Lavy has the stones to start Saros.

The entire vibe in Nashville will be very different, and yes, it will influence the officiating. Unlike some Pens fans, I do believe overall Nashville has gotten the short end of the whistle. Combine that with some awful tending by Rinne, and its 2-0.

Ray Ferraro said it on 1050 the other day. Guess he could be wrong but I doubt it's a far-off number.

I just looked at the last 20 years and teams that went up 2-0 are 10-2 (Canucks and Wings). It's insanely hard to come back and win from, at the very least.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for you to be so optimistic...and to believe the Preds have gotten the short end of the whistle is cute...

I wish they played Friday and Sunday. I don't like the extra day

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that go 2-0 up in the Cup Final have won the series something like 90% of the time. That's history.

Unless your teh Canucks and you lose 100% of the time.

We are the champions at choking

We are however really really good at being number 2... Not Buffalo Bills good but pretty damn close. :peace:

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize in advance, because I realize this will sound a bit entitled and dickish.

I think this series is over. I expect Nashville to come out on fire in Game 3 and probably to win it.

I've seen all four previous Cups won by my team, but they have never won it at home. I'd really love it if they won it at home (Game 5) this time around.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, 90% seems low to me. 2-0 is a pretty big lead.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for you to be so optimistic...and to believe the Preds have gotten the short end of the whistle is cute...

Optimistic? :scratch: Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

And not going to go there on officiating with a Pens supporter. Lets just agree that the officiating has been inconsistent at best.

I wish they played Friday and Sunday. I don't like the extra day

As BBB said "heathen".

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Scouty on wishing they played tomorrow instead of Saturday. I won't be able to watch the game on Saturday. :tsk:

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Optimistic? :scratch: Not sure how you reached that conclusion.

And not going to go there on officiating with a Pens supporter. Lets just agree that the officiating has been inconsistent at best.

As BBB said "heathen".
Officiating has been atrocious...no use arguing about it. We can definitely agree that it's piss poor at best

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is I don't think the Pens (aside from Murray) have played all that great, but they definitely have been very opportunistic which is the sign of a very good team.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, while I think the Preds are a fast skating team, I see the Pens winning a lot of races to loose pucks through these first two games. Being opportunistic and skating hard is a fine combination.