• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2016-17 Stanley Cup Final Nashville Predators vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the SCF is basically over, who wins the Conn Smythe?

Picking up on @elocomotive 's comment above, its been a weird year. No real obvious choices on this one. Crosby? Or Geno maybe? :noidea:

Having watched all of the Pens games, I cant think of any one player who stood out for an extended period.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picking up on @elocomotive 's comment above, its been a weird year. No real obvious choices on this one. Crosby? Or Geno maybe? :noidea:

Having watched all of the Pens games, I cant think of any one player who stood out for an extended period.

cesspool is throwing out (up?) the Pens goalies as co-Conn Smythe winners :think:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crosby's been the most consistent player in terms of controlling play and having an impact over the whole ice surface, but he's not really racked up the points. Geno's kind of come and gone with his play, but when he's been on, he's put the puck in the net. Murray's been outstanding since coming back, but he's played fewer than half their games. Guentzel's got an awful lot of goals, but I'm not sure I'd say he's made much of an impact elsewhere on the ice with any regularity.

But Dumoulin really deserves it just for not looking completely inept despite being paired with Guy-Everyone-Thought-Retired-Five-Years-Ago Ron Hainsey.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Jake Guentzel has usurped Claude Lemieux's playoff rookie record for most game-winning goals.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Guentzel had scored even a little in the Ottawa series he'd have a real chance.

It's gotta be Malkin I think. Statistically he's on or near the top of lots of categories, including 47 PIM unfortunately. He's a +10 and leads in assists, second in goals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby's been the most consistent player in terms of controlling play and having an impact over the whole ice surface, but he's not really racked up the points. Geno's kind of come and gone with his play, but when he's been on, he's put the puck in the net. Murray's been outstanding since coming back, but he's played fewer than half their games. Guentzel's got an awful lot of goals, but I'm not sure I'd say he's made much of an impact elsewhere on the ice with any regularity.

But Dumoulin really deserves it just for not looking completely inept despite being paired with Guy-Everyone-Thought-Retired-Five-Years-Ago Ron Hainsey.

Thinking about this more, I probably could have used ten years instead of five, and it would have been just as true.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this more, I probably could have used ten years instead of five, and it would have been just as true.
Hainsey has been absolutely painful to watch. He sure is fighting it at the moment.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that Jake Virtanen on the far left next to Biebs? :pound:

/drake probably liked this :thumb:

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, 2017 is weird, gross. Part of that owes to the goofy divisional playoff structure, part of it to injuries, part of it to some whacky and bizarre games. Anyhow...

If I had a vote for the Conn Smythe, I'd write down Jake Guentzel. But I think Malkin or Rinne will get it depending on the outcome of the finals (since presumably Rinne would have to play great for the Predators to come back, and he's had a near historic performance leading up to them).

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would have been Flower if they didn't pull him.

I'm gonna say Geno. But there doesn't seem to be an obvious choice this year.

Jared

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Malkin said that he forgives Subban after their "fight".

Oh, Geno.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that Malkin said that he forgives Subban after their "fight".

Oh, Geno.

peace_sign_penguin_throw_blanket.jpg

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which leads me to

Today is the 50th anniversary of the release of the greatest album ever